80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

47 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Help me. Need to drop one of these schlubs. Half PPR. 

Rico Dowdle

Jaleel McLaughlin

Gus Edwards

Jaylen Warren

Don’t hate any of these guys, but Dowdle is the least exciting to me.  Got like 40 % of the touches/snaps Sunday and didn’t do much.  Only way he becomes a guy you even consider putting in your lineup is if Zeke gets hurt.  And even then…

Warren certainly downgraded in value but could restore a lot of it if Wilson comes back and replaces Fields - he needs a non-running QB under center.  Gus sucked but not giving up there just yet and we know the Chargers will continue to run a ton.  McLaughlin is maybe the most valuable of the bunch at the moment and definitely a hold.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don’t hate any of these guys, but Dowdle is the least exciting to me.  Got 40 % of the snaps Sunday and didn’t do much.  Only way he becomes a guy you even consider putting in your lineup is if Zeke gets hurt.  And even then…

Warren certainly downgraded in value but could restore a lot of it if Wilson comes back and replaces Fields - he needs a non-running QB under center.  Gus sucked but not giving up there just yet and we know the Chargers will continue to run a ton.  McLaughlin is maybe the most valuable of the bunch at the moment and definitely a hold.  

(I wound up adding and dropping Jordan Mason before week one, so that’s cool) 

• Sympathy 1

I now have Mark Andrews AND Isisah Likely.  Can only start 1

I am benching Burrow again (against KC) and starting Goff (Tampa Bay)

I also have to decide for my WR and Flex, I have AJ Brown (starting),

Zay Flowers vs the Raiders

Rashee Rice vs the Bengals

Davante Vs the Ravens

Ladd McConkey VS Carolina (Carolina is so bad, it's hard not to start players against them)

Jameson Williams Vs Tampa Bay  

52 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I now have Mark Andrews AND Isisah Likely.  Can only start 1

I am benching Burrow again (against KC) and starting Goff (Tampa Bay)

I also have to decide for my WR and Flex, I have AJ Brown (starting),

Zay Flowers vs the Raiders

Rashee Rice vs the Bengals

Davante Vs the Ravens

Ladd McConkey VS Carolina (Carolina is so bad, it's hard not to start players against them)

Jameson Williams Vs Tampa Bay  

Andrews over Likely.  Likely is a really solid TE2 but he'll take a back seat to Andrews moving forward.

Of the options listed I rank them as:

1. Rashee - he's a weekly must start, ESPECIALLY while Hollywood is out and probably even after.
  2. Davante - Still will get an enormous target share and Minshew isn't as bad as he played Week 1.  Could be lots of garbage time points too as LV should be behind all day.
  3. Jameson - Yes, I like him more than Zay, albeit slightly.  Big play potential that makes him the perfect flex, and he got tons more usage than expected Week 1.
  4. Zay - Very good matchup but I could also see this being a game where Baltimore gets up big and runs a sh*t-ton.  Also didn't like Zay that much pre-draft so I have some bias there.
  5. McConkey

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Andrews over Likely.  Likely is a really solid TE2 but he'll take a back seat to Andrews moving forward.

Of the options listed I rank them as:

1. Rashee - he's a weekly must start, ESPECIALLY while Hollywood is out and probably even after.
  2. Davante - Still will get an enormous target share and Minshew isn't as bad as he played Week 1.  Could be lots of garbage time points too as LV should be behind all day.
  3. Jameson - Yes, I like him more than Zay, albeit slightly.  Big play potential that makes him the perfect flex, and he got tons more usage than expected Week 1.
  4. Zay - Very good matchup but I could also see this being a game where Baltimore gets up big and runs a sh*t-ton.  Also didn't like Zay that much pre-draft so I have some bias there.
  5. McConkey

Jameson was also so amazing in college, then had that ACL.   Last year he had the gambling, if he is now 100% and has his head on straight, he could be just a monster big play WR. 

Rashee, totally agree, Davante is the question to me.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Jameson was also so amazing in college, then had that ACL.   Last year he had the gambling, if he is now 100% and has his head on straight, he could be just a monster big play WR. 

Rashee, totally agree, Davante is the question to me.

It really comes down to this:  You drafted Davante high, and though he’s close to the age wall, he hasn’t hit it yet.  He’s the unquestioned WR1 and target monster for a team whose QB can get his receivers points on a good day.  

I like Jameson as a flex but no chance I start him over Davante, and I say that as someone who faded Davante and drafted Jameo in each of my 2 leagues.  

@Jetsfan80

Well the Higgins trade blew up in my face for the short term....

Call me crazy but feels more like contract-itis and less like a hammy....

so I went back to the well... and being predatory targeted week 1 flops like Olave dangling worthy plus as bait... I 0ffered worthy and Christian Kirk on that one.... honestly felt fair on paper I'm just getting lower and lower on Kirk ....would rather have BTJR....

Targeted the guy who lost Ferguson with worthy and muth.... shot for the moon and sent the offer for Nabers figuring panic may be there.... the mofo sent me Nabers 😂

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2024 at 6:26 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lurker89 @PS17 Am I crazy for starting Nabers (@ WSH) over London (@ PHI)?

I lean Nabers. Target share is 😘👌 and he gets Washington's secondary even if the QB play is "below average"... i think Gamescript will be in Nabers favor alot throughout the year.

Trying not to overreact to week one Kirk Cousins playing football without moving his feet and Drakes miserable stat line ...both should get increasingly better but I'll take Nabers this week in a good spot.

• Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80 @PS17

I'm debating  Calvin Ridley vs NYJ or Brandin Cooks vs NOS 

Currently feels like the obvious choise is to avoid our secondary but the Jets will find a way to **** me on this no matter which way I go.

I never, ever trust Cooks in fantasy.  Ridley has the higher floor here and given the potential for Tennessee to be playing from behind and/or perhaps another week of our defensive struggles I think he has about the same ceiling as Cooks, too.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80 by the lack of traffic in here im gonna guess the brutal injury weeks have taken their toll on the populous.

I'm actually doing well!  Won in both my leagues in Week 2.  2-0 (# 1 in points) and 1-1 (5th), respectively.  And its been nearly all good news for me:

The Bad

• I have Waddle and Achane in both leagues.  While I think Achane will still be so heavily involved in the dumpoff game he won't lose a ton of value, Waddle becomes unstartable
  • Kyle Pitts

The Good

• I own shares of Justin Jefferson (both leagues), Jameson Williams (both), Jayden Daniels (both), Rashee Rice, Nabers, Jahmyr Gibbs, Kyler Murray, McBride, DeVonta Smith, Tony Pollard, Charbonnet and Brian Thomas.  10-team re-draft leagues rule, lol.

Just didn't want to brag!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm actually doing well!  Won in both my leagues in Week 2.  2-0 (# 1 in points) and 1-1 (5th), respectively.  And its been nearly all good news for me:

The Bad

• I have Waddle and Achane in both leagues.  While I think Achane will still be so heavily involved in the dumpoff game he won't lose a ton of value, Waddle becomes unstartable
  • Kyle Pitts

The Good

• I own shares of Justin Jefferson (both leagues), Jameson Williams (both), Jayden Daniels (both), Rashee Rice, Nabers, Jahmyr Gibbs, Kyler Murray, McBride, DeVonta Smith, Tony Pollard, Charbonnet and Brian Thomas.  10-team re-draft leagues rule, lol.

Just didn't want to brag!

I'm in a similar good boat.

Went 4-0 in my 4 managed leagues this week... happy camper for today minus the Pacheco injury.

• Post of the Week 1

Decision time.

I am 1-1 and would be an easy 2-0 if CMC didn't bail out on the start of the season an hour before the first game.  

So going into this week, I have David Montgomery and Ty Chandler at RB (who I started last week) with Samije Perine on the bench.  Given the uncertainty around what KC will do this week, I am leaning to keep Chandler (who had a good game last week) as the starter, but it's a close call.  Any strong opinions on this one?

Separate note, Braelon Allen is still available and I considered dropping Tank Bigsby for him but most of the rankings don't support that yet.  Trying not to let emotion get involved here but open to thoughts on that as well.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Decision time.

I am 1-1 and would be an easy 2-0 if CMC didn't bail out on the start of the season an hour before the first game.  

So going into this week, I have David Montgomery and Ty Chandler at RB (who I started last week) with Samije Perine on the bench.  Given the uncertainty around what KC will do this week, I am leaning to keep Chandler (who had a good game last week) as the starter, but it's a close call.  Any strong opinions on this one?

Separate note, Braelon Allen is still available and I considered dropping Tank Bigsby for him but most of the rankings don't support that yet.  Trying not to let emotion get involved here but open to thoughts on that as well.

You picked up Perine for what he can bring you in the short-term:  This is the week to use him.  

After this week they’ll be looking to elevate Hunt from the PS as soon as possible, and a week or so later, Edwards-Helaire will be back.  So if not now on Perine, when?  Might as well drop him if you’re not gonna use him as your emergency RB2 this week.  

The uncertainty favors Perine because if nothing else, he’ll be the pass-catching back for Pat Mahomes this week.  

As for Bigsby - check on that shoulder injury he suffered.  But even if he’s OK I think Braelon carries more rest-of-season value than Bigsby.  

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Decision time.

How many in your league? That’s a rough RB room after CMAC.

Get Allen. Bigsby will be in a timeshare if Etienne goes down. Allen will be a workhorse if Breece misses time.

On 9/10/2024 at 10:47 PM, PS17 said:

(I wound up adding and dropping Jordan Mason before week one, so that’s cool) 

Ouch, brother. In the dynasty league I commish, my wife picked up Mason and Dobbins off the trash heap after cut down day. So yeah…. She’s in first.

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2024 at 10:41 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Don’t hate any of these guys, but Dowdle is the least exciting to me.  Got like 40 % of the touches/snaps Sunday and didn’t do much.  Only way he becomes a guy you even consider putting in your lineup is if Zeke gets hurt.  And even then…

I actually like Rico a lot. He’s got a defined role on a competent offense. One of my favorite zero RB targets in redraft leagues.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

How many in your league? That’s a rough RB room after CMAC.

Get Allen. Bigsby will be in a timeshare if Etienne goes down. Allen will be a workhorse if Breece misses time.

12 teams.  So that's about 50 or so RBs locked up.  Top FA RBs available include D'onta Foreman, Miles Sanders, and guys like that.  Turns out Allen was actually just claimed as well.  The league, as a whole, is fairly consistently competent.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You picked up Perine for what he can bring you in the short-term:  This is the week to use him.  

After this week they’ll be looking to elevate Hunt from the PS as soon as possible, and a week or so later, Edwards-Helaire will be back.  So if not now on Perine, when?  Might as well drop him if you’re not gonna use him as your emergency RB2 this week.  

The uncertainty favors Perine because if nothing else, he’ll be the pass-catching back for Pat Mahomes this week.  

As for Bigsby - check on that shoulder injury he suffered.  But even if he’s OK I think Braelon carries more rest-of-season value than Bigsby.  

See I'm not sure how I feel about that reasoning.  I'm not going to use Perine because it's 'the best week to use him'.  I want to use him if I think he will outscore Chandler, who had a really good week last week.  Pacheco is out for 4 weeks at least.  If I see they are going to feed Perine, I can start using him next week as well.  The matchups are both on the tougher side so no help there. I can definitely see a world where Perine puts up 10+ points this week but Chandler outproduced Aaron Jones by so much last week that I think he might slowly take over the primary back duties there.  

Ultimately, my season will still probably come down to whether CMC comes back and plays well.  Just trying to hang on until then.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, nycdan said:

See I'm not sure how I feel about that reasoning.  I'm not going to use Perine because it's 'the best week to use him'.  I want to use him if I think he will outscore Chandler, who had a really good week last week.  Pacheco is out for 4 weeks at least.  If I see they are going to feed Perine, I can start using him next week as well.  The matchups are both on the tougher side so no help there. I can definitely see a world where Perine puts up 10+ points this week but Chandler outproduced Aaron Jones by so much last week that I think he might slowly take over the primary back duties there.  

Ultimately, my season will still probably come down to whether CMC comes back and plays well.  Just trying to hang on until then.

Obviously if you think Chandler outscores him, go with Chandler.  I’m moreso talking about value and tying up a roster spot on Perine who you may never actually use.  He wasn’t a priority add for me on waivers this week for that reason.  

But in terms of who the better play this week is, I do think that’s Perine.  I’d rather the wild card on an elite offense over the more defined backup in Chandler.  He’s gotten 11 and 10 touches the first 2 weeks, respectively.  That suggests consistency.  If you think he does more with those 10-12 touches than Perine will do with, say, his 10-20 (wide range of outcomes there), go with Chandler.  

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I actually like Rico a lot. He’s got a defined role on a competent offense. One of my favorite zero RB targets in redraft leagues.

He’s starting to take over more work than Zeke, which is good.  Thats definitely shifted Dowdle up the value ranks.  I just think he and Zeke are going to be a little too TD-dependent to use unless one gets hurt.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s starting to take over more work than Zeke, which is good.  Thats definitely shifted Dowdle up the value ranks.  I just think he and Zeke are going to be a little too TD-dependent to use unless one gets hurt.  

Probably true but for the acquisition cost I like him. Trying to trade for him in leagues I don’t have him 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

12 teams.  So that's about 50 or so RBs locked up.  Top FA RBs available include D'onta Foreman, Miles Sanders, and guys like that.  Turns out Allen was actually just claimed as well.  The league, as a whole, is fairly consistently competent.

Williams (Saints) not a bad play if you need warm bodies. Kamara is 29 and his usage rate is physically unsustainable.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Williams (Saints) not a bad play if you need warm bodies. Kamara is 29 and his usage rate is physically unsustainable.

Thinking about claiming Williams and dropping Bigsby.  Jags look like they are gonna be.....JAGs this season.  Saints look elite so far but obviously that will revert somewhat.  Still...

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Obviously if you think Chandler outscores him, go with Chandler.  I’m moreso talking about value and tying up a roster spot on Perine who you may never actually use.  He wasn’t a priority add for me on waivers this week for that reason.  

But in terms of who the better play this week is, I do think that’s Perine.  I’d rather the wild card on an elite offense over the more defined backup in Chandler.  He’s gotten 11 and 10 touches the first 2 weeks, respectively.  That suggests consistency.  If you think he does more with those 10-12 touches than Perine will do with, say, his 10-20 (wide range of outcomes there), go with Chandler.  

You hit the nail on the head.  I think Chandler is reliable with TDs being the x-factor.  One TD and he's a 15-pt guy but so hard to predict.  I agree that Perine is probably more likely to grab a TD this week but his floor is probably more like 4-5 pts.  This stuff is hard! LOL.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Thinking about claiming Williams and dropping Bigsby.  Jags look like they are gonna be.....JAGs this season.  Saints look elite so far but obviously that will revert somewhat.  Still...

Try to trade bigsby to Etienne owner, first.  

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I’m trying to buy Kirk and Trevor low. Etienne not discounted much.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You hit the nail on the head.  I think Chandler is reliable with TDs being the x-factor.  One TD and he's a 15-pt guy but so hard to predict.  I agree that Perine is probably more likely to grab a TD this week but his floor is probably more like 4-5 pts.  This stuff is hard! LOL.

I like taking big swings where possible so if you're talking higher-floor but somewhat TD dependent vs higher ceiling, give me the latter!

And yes, indeed on the bold!

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I’m trying to buy Kirk and Trevor low. Etienne not discounted much.

Been trying to sell Kirk... but thats just cause I'm salty I took him over Godwin thinking Godwin was gonna fall back to me 😂

As a seller the going has not been good.