80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@PS17 @Lurker89

About to go up against the 1st place team this week in one of my 2 leagues, who I have outscored overall this season (441 - 413), and early projections have me winning comfortably.  

Check out this beast of a roster I have entering the week in that one (though no Nabers like the other one :( )

• QB:  Kyler Murray, Jayden Daniels
  • RB:  Gibbs, Achane, Pollard, Charbonnet, Bucky Irving
  • WR:  Jefferson, DeVonta Smith, Rashee Rice, Tank, Jameson Williams, Waddle, Quentin Johnston
  • TE:  Kyle Pitts, TJ Hockenson (IR slot) 
  • D/ST:  49ers (vs NE this week)
  • K:  Prater

NOTE:  This league has 2 flex spots, so I'm able to start JJ, DeVonta, Rice and Pollard this week (will slot in Charbonnet if Walker is out again, replacing either Pollard or DeVonta if the latter is out with the concussion).

Top FA's available:

1. Dowdle
  2. Spears
  3. Roschon Johnson
  4. Perine
  5. Kareem Hunt
  6. Jaylen Wright
  7. Darnell Mooney
  8. Njoku
  9. Darnold
  10. Goff

As someone rostering both dowdle and spears in redraft im playing dowdle consistently over spears... I scooped bucky off the waivers last week one of him or dowdle should emerge as consistently playable i hope...

Mooney has developed into a nice floor play and should be rostered. But not by you until someon goes into your ir spot for the week. I too own QJ... and I feel gross about it but his ceiling could be nice this season... ill take that ceiling over Mooneys floor.

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How dire is your RB situation?  A '26 second is like a '25 third if that makes you feel better, lol.

Not desperate at all but i just sent Javonte for TLaw.. 

Both sell lows 😂

Dont love Javonte so just happy to move him

But that leaves me thinner at RB

Bijan, Henry, Charbonnet, Braelon Allen, Demercado... slotting Singletary in-between henry and charb as a contender actually feels necessary now that I type it all out...

It's about depth which i have begun to lack... and in a league with 2 flexes, 2 RBs  and 3 WRs depth is more necessity than luxury...

14 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Not desperate at all but i just sent Javonte for TLaw.. 

Both sell lows 😂

Dont love Javonte so just happy to move him

But that leaves me thinner at RB

Bijan, Henry, Charbonnet, Braelon Allen, Demercado... slotting Singletary in-between henry and charb as a contender actually feels necessary now that I type it all out...

It's about depth which i have begun to lack... and in a league with 2 flexes, 2 RBs  and 3 WRs depth is more necessity than luxury...

Eh.  In that case I might hold off.  I think Tyrone Tracy ends up siphoning work eventually so if you don't need Singletary right now I don't see much of a point in trading away draft capital.  Even relatively light draft capital.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

As someone rostering both dowdle and spears in redraft im playing dowdle consistently over spears... I scooped bucky off the waivers last week one of him or dowdle should emerge as consistently playable i hope...

Mooney has developed into a nice floor play and should be rostered. But not by you until someon goes into your ir spot for the week. I too own QJ... and I feel gross about it but his ceiling could be nice this season... ill take that ceiling over Mooneys floor.

Yes I like Mooney a lot but can't justify rostering 8 WR's, lol.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lurker89 might be able to get Singletary dirt cheap now after last night’s dud!  😂

Good news I got him for Lazard, a 25 3rd, and a 27 4th.

Bad news I got him before the game and played him over Tee considering Dallas' Run d has not been great.

Good News AJB should be back  after the week 5 Bye and I wont have to play either moving forward🤞.

.... who am I kidding injuries will lead me right back to playing them both 😂

• Post of the Week 1

On 9/25/2024 at 11:22 AM, Lurker89 said:

On 9/25/2024 at 11:44 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes I like Mooney a lot but can't justify rostering 8 WR's, lol.

@Lurker89 looking ahead to Week 5 and noticed in this league I have a TON of people on bye (Gibbs, DeVonta, Pollard, Jameson Williams).  Quentin is also on bye so I went ahead and dropped him for Mooney so I have extra options for next week.

As you noted I like QJ's ceiling more than Mooney's but the priority is wading through that first big bye week with enough options to get by.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, jgb said:

Window to buy Dowdle low is closing. Zeke is cooked.

Speaking of windows closing I’m trying to offload Chuba Hubbard before Jonathan Brooks returns and clouds his value.  Offered him up for Chase Brown (metrics under the hood look better than his performance) and Mostert (to protect my Achane investment).

Might see if I can make a deal for Dowdle too and/or one of the several Panthers fans in my league….

@Lurker89 @PS17

• Upvote 3

@Lurker89 @PS17 @jgb 

Finalized a deal, which will go through for Week 5:

I GET

• RB Raheem Mostert
  • RB Chase Brown

I GIVE UP

• RB Chuba Hubbard
  • WR Brian Thomas

My updated RB/WR groups

• RB:  Achane, Bucky Irving, Jaylen Warren, Mostert, C. Brown
  • WR:  J. Jefferson, Nabers, London, Jameson Williams, Tank Dell, Waddle

I now have both Achane and Mostert and unload Hubbard prior to the return/arrival of Jonathan Brooks.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lurker89 @PS17 @jgb 

I GET

• RB Raheem Mostert
  • RB Chase Brown

I GIVE UP

• RB Chuba Hubbard
  • WR Brian Thomas

I now have both Achane and Mostert and unload Hubbard prior to the return/arrival of Jonathan Brooks.

Thoughts?

Don’t love it. I think Chuba stays involved and BTJ looks like a stud. 

Zach Moss’ snap share has gone up every week too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Don’t love it. I think Chuba stays involved and BTJ looks like a stud. 

That's fair.  Thomas was just never going to start with me with my WR group as it is:

And Hubbard needs volume to be startable, which he won't be guaranteed going forward once Brooks comes back.

Still probably lost the deal but considering my desperation for RB depth (I only had Achane, Hubbard, Bucky Irving and Jaylen Warren prior to the deal), and that I think Chase Brown has much better days ahead, it helps my team a bit moving forward.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's fair.  Thomas was just never going to start with me with my WR group as it is:

And Hubbard needs volume to be startable, which he won't be guaranteed going forward once Brooks comes back.

Still probably lost the deal but considering my desperation for RB depth (I only had Achane, Hubbard, Bucky Irving and Jaylen Warren prior to the deal), and that I think Chase Brown has much better days ahead, it helps my team a bit moving forward.

Chase Brown just scored! Yeah, you can take the WR hit easily. So not terrible. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lurker89 @PS17 @jgb 

I GET

• RB Raheem Mostert
  • RB Chase Brown

I GIVE UP

• RB Chuba Hubbard
  • WR Brian Thomas

My updated RB/WR groups

• RB:  Achane, Bucky Irving, Jaylen Warren, Mostert, C. Brown

Thoughts?

It’s fair I like a lot more for redraft than dynasty. In other news I benched chase brown this week lol 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, PS17 said:

lol I dropped Swift so naturally he goes off 

That’s why I’m getting smoked this week. More points than the previous 3 weeks combined. Boy I hate dumb luck over marginal sample sizes.

15 hours ago, PS17 said:

Live look-in at my Mahomes/Rice stack:

IMG_4276.jpeg

Ugh.  So cruel.  Rice was an absolute monster.

I'm probably gonna lose in both leagues to fall to 2-2 and now lose Rice in one.

I dunno why I bother with fantasy football.  Its stupid.

On 9/29/2024 at 10:46 PM, jgb said:

That’s why I’m getting smoked this week. More points than the previous 3 weeks combined. Boy I hate dumb luck over marginal sample sizes.

Didn’t necessarily deserve it but Kenny Walker bailed me out. 8-0 and on absolute fire in my heavy hitter league. My wife is now in second at 7-1 so this week will be fun around the house

How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

At least she’s pulverizing all the Americans in her work league. 4-0 and no one else is even close. She didn’t take a QB until the last round, picked Daniels because it’s a 4-pt throwing TD league. She won our heavy hitter league last year so she’s no Revis slouch.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

@jgb @PS17 @Lurker89

In my weaker money league I somehow grinded out a big MNF comeback thanks to Gibbs, Jameo and Tony Pollard.  Now 3-1 and in 1st!

My other league was a bad loss this week I should have won (my opponent had a host of injuries - CMC, Mixon, Davante, Kupp) but even still at 2-2 I’m in 4th place.  

Thought I was going to be in much worse shape in both leagues.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@jgb @PS17 @Lurker89

In my weaker money league I somehow grinded out a big MNF comeback thanks to Gibbs, Jameo and Tony Pollard.  Now 3-1 and in 1st!

My other league was a bad loss this week I should have won (my opponent had a host of injuries - CMC, Mixon, Davante, Kupp) but even still at 2-2 I’m in 4th place.  

Thought I was going to be in much worse shape in both leagues.  

Between my 2 dynasty teams and my buddy redraft league I'm 10-2... 

Then there is my stepdads redraft league where I'm 1-3....

All I can see is the 1-3... because I'm mental...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I'm like 2-2 everywhere, including the 2 keeper leagues I commish.  I have a couple of 3-1s and a 1-3's in the high stakes leagues on RTS. No 4-0s sadly.  One 0-4.  Yuck  And the only reason I'm at 2-2 in the JN league is an opponent made the wrong choice on a pair of team defenses. 

• Upvote 2

@Lurker89 @PS17 @jgb

I can't seem to find any trade partners for Jayden Daniels for a fair price.  I guess in a 10-team league everyone is feeling pretty good about their QB situation and maybe there's skepticism he can keep this up?

In any case:  Should I start him over Josh Allen this week?  I got burned by sticking with Allen last week, but Josh has the better matchup (@ HOU; Daniels is vs CLE).

• Upvote 1