QB Question - Draft 2021

Dinamite

Here is a question for the excellent draft experts we have here in the site.  JD picked James Morgan in 2020, so one presumes that he might value that type/style of QB.   Which QB in the 2021 draft most resemble the style of Morgan?   Would it be more Fields or Wilson (or perhaps it is someone else all together).   I am not suggesting James Morgan is anything more than a gamble.  I am just wondering if he fits a general type/mold of QB that JD might look for.

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Here is a question for the excellent draft experts we have here in the site.  JD picked James Morgan in 2020, so one presumes that he might value that type/style of QB.   Which QB in the 2021 draft most resemble the style of Morgan?   Would it be more Fields or Wilson (or perhaps it is someone else all together).   I am not suggesting James Morgan is anything more than a gamble.  I am just wondering if he fits a general type/mold of QB that JD might look for.

None. Morgan was a fourth rounder because he wasn’t an all around prospect. Wilson, Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Jones are. Morgan is like a Jones/ Trask hybrid except with a bigger arm and less accuracy.

Based on Morgan - big arm, intelligent.

Douglas came to Philadelphia after they drafted Wentz.

Was with Baltimore for the Flacco pick. Jackson was after him but to whatever extent you buy into Douglas being from the Ozzie Newsome school of roster construction, Jackson was a Newsome pick. Neither guy from a big football school, both with standout physical traits. Both I think came via trade up, Flacco after Baltimore had already traded down and Jackson was a trade up after they took Hurst.

I think that the Ravens’ history would suggest that the way Douglas has learned, he might not be afraid to wait on quarterback and take a later first round prospect - maybe Seattle’s pick or moving up from that spot. I also think that they’d lean more towards tools guys who can wait a year which takes me away from the likely late first round guys this draft - Trask and Jones.

I do think if Lance is the clear cut fourth guy and falls into a range he’d be really interesting in a move up from the Seattle pick. Think he fits.

I don’t think a trade up from the Seattle pick makes a lot of sense, but I suppose if they flip from 2 to 3 for a pick and take Sewell and use that pick to move up from the Seattle pick it’s a non-issue. I also don’t really think Lance slides and there are a lot of quarterback needy teams, but who knows.

The major counter argument to all of that us that Baltimore was not in range to draft second overall and maybe that’s how they had to access quarterbacks.