Mangini, the Belichick Clone

Garb

I love this line:

All three took over teams that ran 4-3 defenses. Saban and Crennel immediately switched to the 3-4, as did the Cowboys last season. Mangini is doing likewise with the Jets, though as Belichick taught him, he hasn't specifically acknowledged as much.

either defender would be solid but i'd still like to see a trade down - maybe look at watson @ NT instead of ngata for a lot less $$.

Block, I am ALL FOR trading down SIGNIFICANTLY in this draft, with the idea that our top pick after the trade-down is still high enough to draft either Justice or McNeill. After trading Abe (assuming it can get done for a first), I would LOVE to see:

Two #1's - Justice or McNeill + Giles.

Two #2's - two of Carpenter (if he falls), Mangold (if he falls), Pope, Watson, Chad Jackson, Thomas Howard, Cromartie, Kai Parham

3 + 5 (or 3 + 4) - trade for Schaub, or use the #3 on Croyle

Rather than a hit-or-miss QB and his $25M SB and a 1 and a 2.

Doesn't make me right; it's JMO.

Block, I am ALL FOR trading down SIGNIFICANTLY in this draft, with the idea that our top pick after the trade-down is still high enough to draft either Justice or McNeill. After trading Abe (assuming it can get done for a first), I would LOVE to see:

Two #1's - Justice or McNeill + Giles.

Two #2's - two of Carpenter (if he falls), Mangold (if he falls), Pope, Watson, Chad Jackson, Thomas Howard, Cromartie, Kai Parham

3 + 5 (or 3 + 4) - trade for Schaub, or use the #3 on Croyle

Rather than a hit-or-miss QB and his $25M SB and a 1 and a 2.

Doesn't make me right; it's JMO.

that is a great plan. the thing people don't consider when putting together draft plans for the jets is what type of offense/defense the jets are going to run. does anyone know what type of O schoettenheimer wants to run? does he favor a smaller athletic line like the broncos or more of a massive bulky line? does mangini have FA players identified for defense so he can draft offense or does he want to draft D?

all of the players at the top of rd 1 are good that doesn't mean that they all fit with what the jets are trying to accomplish - meaning they don't carry the same intrinsic value to the jets as they do to other teams.

the jets will take a much more systematic approach to the draft this year. they will take the players that offer the most value where value is determined by the players fit with the new system, ability, and cost. yes, cost is a factor.

Archived