Dynasty Rookie Draft

Pitts just fell to me at pick 5. I'll take that as a win.

@ 17 if Wilson is still there I may scoop him up.

The only other people I see slipping may be Gainwell. I could use a developmental QB over that muddy Philly backfield.

@Jetsfan80 you seem to be he only other person in the fantasy section lol so I guess I'm talking to you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Pitts just fell to me at pick 5. I'll take that as a win.

@ 17 if Wilson is still there I may scoop him up.

The only other people I see slipping may be Gainwell. I could use a developmental QB over that muddy Philly backfield.

@Jetsfan80 you seem to be he only other person in the fantasy section lol so I guess I'm talking to you.

I've never done a dynasty rookie draft league, but all I know is its smart to prioritize QB's, WR's and TE's over RB's where you can.  They might not contribute as much as RB's right away but they're safer bets over the long haul than RB's. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've never done a dynasty rookie draft league, but all I know is its smart to prioritize QB's, WR's and TE's over RB's where you can.  They might not contribute as much as RB's right away but they're safer bets over the long haul than RB's. 

Yeah 4 picks away Zach is still there.... There is an anti Jets bias in this league as quite a few of the guys in it live in Buffalo.  My best friend lives out there and started the league. Lawrence, Lance, Fields have all been drafted.. . In that order.

Best skill positions left at Michael Carter, Rondale Moore, Gainwell, Elijah Moore, Amon Ra, Toney.

Pretty steep drop from there.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeah 4 picks away Zach is still there.... There is an anti Jets bias in this league as quite a few of the guys in it live in Buffalo.  My best friend lives out there and started the league. Lawrence, Lance, Fields have all been drafted.. . In that order.

Best skill positions left at Michael Carter, Rondale Moore, Gainwell, Elijah Moore, Amon Ra, Toney.

Pretty steep drop from there.

I'm a Jets fan and I have an anti-Jets bias in fantasy drafts.

Haven't taken a Jet higher than round 10 (It was either Chris Ivory or Crowell the last time, I believe) in nearly a decade.  It hasn't burned me yet, lol.

@Jetsfan80

Figured I'd fill you in on how it ended up.

R1. Kyle Pitts TE ATL

R2. Michael Carter RB NYJ

R3. Nico Collins WR Hou

R4. Dyami Brown WR WFT

R5. Gerrid Doaks RB Miami

Free Agency mayhem $200 budget for the whole year

$10 claim on Jordan Love QB GB (unsuccessful)

$10 claim on Larry Rountree RB LAC (successful)

$10 claim on Jabril Peppers S NYG (successful)

$10 claim CJ Mosely LB NYJ (successful)

$0 claim on Van Jefferson WR SF (successful)

Decent haul of 9 players on a 43 man roster.

I won the league 3 years ago and have been a playoff team every year except last year.... A year in which I was trying to tank and still ended up with pick 5.

Much like the Jets I can't even lose right . ?

I did not end up with a developmental QB  which leaves my QB Room lacking (Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, Sam Darnold)

Ryan was drafted in the 6th round of our original 2015 draft cousins was a waiver pick up that same year. I've been happy with the return on investment there but they are aging sub elite QBs at this point.

On Michael Carter ... He was definitely the best available RB at the time .... The only other available RB in his league was Gainwell who has a much murkier backfield to work through.

Otherwise  I'm very happy with the draft and FA period.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80

R1. Kyle Pitts TE ATL

R3. Nico Collins WR Hou

R4. Dyami Brown WR WFT

I won the league 3 years ago and have been a playoff team every year except last year.... A year in which I was trying to tank and still ended up with pick 5.

I did not end up with a developmental QB  which leaves my QB Room lacking (Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, Sam Darnold)

Ryan was drafted in the 6th round of our original 2015 draft cousins was a waiver pick up that same year. I've been happy with the return on investment there but they are aging sub elite QBs at this point.

On Michael Carter ... He was definitely the best available RB at the time .... The only other available RB in his league was Gainwell who has a much murkier backfield to work through.

Oh damn I didn't realize you were doing defensive players too.  Nicely done.  Obviously love Kyle Pitts and that alone would get the seal of approval from @Paradis.  Michael Carter is a homer pick I can absolutely get behind too.  His whole rookie deal he ought to be successful in this system.

Getting Van Jefferson on a claim was very nice.   And Mosley will be sneaky good as hoped under Saleh.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 6/2/2021 at 7:53 AM, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80

R1. Kyle Pitts TE ATL

R3. Nico Collins WR Hou

R4. Dyami Brown WR WFT

Thus far, i've moved around in every dynasty draft i'm in to get Pitts. Whatever it takes.

*Van Jefferson in SF? Alternate dimension? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Thus far, i've moved around in every dynasty draft i'm in to get Pitts. Whatever it takes.

Even in my my money league that only has you keep 1 player, I am targeting Pitts high.  I currently have him as TE4 for the 2021 season and # 40 overall on my board.  And even that may be a bit too low.  I only haven't moved him higher because I sincerely doubt anyone in my league will have him even close to that high.  

But if I get him he may well end up my keeper in 2022, so why not?  In my league's format, if you get a guy in Rd 4 or later, you give up a 4th to keep him.  So if he's my 5th/6th round pick who I keep for a 4th the next year, I'll likely end up considering that a bargain anyways.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Yeah I'm in dimension C137

....no typo.... Burnt out over here 

Van Jeff *LAR*.... Almost said STL .... 

Long couple weeks. ....

Surprised someone gave up on him already... But I'll take a free shot in the dark on him

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Surprised someone gave up on him already... But I'll take a free shot in the dark on him

As you should. Woods is no spring chicken, and yes Kupp is a beast in the slot, but he's got sooo much mileage on him between Eastern W. and NFL that i don't know if his career is going to be long... regardless Jefferson is all kinds of talented and flashed as much last year playing #4 off the bench periodically. 

The real question is - wtf is LAR mgmt doing. You spend a 2nd round pick on Jefferson last year (on a roster hardly deprived of talent at WR) and then doubled down on that with their first pick in the 2nd round this year with Tavon Aust--err, excuse me, Tutu Atwell. 

smh. Poor use of draft capital. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

As you should. Woods is no spring chicken, and yes Kupp is a beast in the slot, but he's got sooo much mileage on him between Eastern W. and NFL that i don't know if his career is going to be long... regardless Jefferson is all kinds of talented and flashed as much last year playing #4 off the bench periodically. 

The real question is - wtf is LAR mgmt doing. You spend a 2nd round pick on Jefferson last year (on a roster hardly deprived of talent at WR) and then doubled down on that with their first pick in the 2nd round this year with Tavon Aust--err, excuse me, Tutu Atwell. 

And they'll end up with no 1st round picks until from 2017-2023.  Ridiculous.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Tavon Aust--err, excuse me, Tutu Atwell. 

Yeah I got the same vibe from Atwell and avoided him heavily which worked out well  because others focused on him and I was able to scoop Nico Collins and Dyami Brown both of whom I think are really good prospects that fell into questionable QB situations.  For 3rd and 4th rounders I'm very happy with them.

I'll share the full roster with you guys keep in mind this roster was drafted in 2015.

My first rounder was Antonio Brown(later traded for Amari Cooper plus others) 2nd rounder was Jamal Charles.... It was a long time ago...  I also drafted TY Hilton Keenan Allen among others that worked out well but an aging roster is upon me once upon a time I traded a late first rounder for Leveon Bell ....  That did not work out well lol.

Latavius Murray is the RB blocked by an ad

My RB situation has not panned out well.

.5 PPR league so once upon a time White was a good asset

Jordan Howard bust

Leveon bad trade

Latavius is a good handcuff but stand alone does not offer much

Followed by a bunch of lotto ticket hopefuls like Scott and Gallman.

Ronald Jones as my RB1 ?

My team was carried by Wrs for years Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen and TY was a WR force to be reckoned with for a while. But that is no more.

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Latavius Murray is the RB blocked by an ad

My RB situation has not panned out well.

.5 PPR league so once upon a time White was a good asset

Jordan Howard bust

Leveon bad trade

Latavius is a good handcuff but stand alone does not offer much

Followed by a bunch of lotto ticket hopefuls like Scott and Gallman.

Ronald Jones as my RB1 ?

My team was carried by Wrs for years Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen and TY was a WR force to be reckoned with for a while. But that is no more.

I like Jones much better than Fournette for TB this year, so that's not a terrible RB1.  But the rest, yes, lottery tickets galore!  Hopefully the waiver wire or a trade opportunity will prove fruitful for you. 

But as I said earlier, RB's are volatile.  The other positions, not as much.  And you're locked in pretty nicely with the other spots.  Pitts alone will give you a leg up over everyone for years to come.  Gandy-Golden as a Taxi option?  Hell yes!

So who knows what'll happen?

• Upvote 1