Flowtrain is too cool for us, but...

Preston Howley III

This was posted on JI yesterday, and it only got three pages worth of responses; it's already on page 3. It's a good post though, check it out:

Originally Posted by Flowtrain

Let's be blunt. As a player, Ramsey can't do much at all to help this team.

His worst liability is the fact that he's awful under pressure. In the face of a pass rush, picture the club-footed Testaverde and Bledsoe with neither experience nor the built-in excuse of age. The only thing worse than Ramsey's footwork in the pocket is his propensity to hang onto the ball for an eternity when any other QB's internal clock tells him it's long past the time to release.

I ask you: does this sound like a fit for a Jets team that is completely revamping its OL? Of course not. Yes, he's got a cannon for an arm. But that doesn't do a great deal of good when you're making the same mistakes as a 4-year vet as you did when you were a rookie.

Maybe you're tempted to give Ramsey a pass based on the fact that he's had the terrible fortune of playing in so many different systems with poor offenses, and then lost his job to Gibbs' hand-picked man, Brunell. Unfortunately, when you take a closer look at the situation, Ramsey's free pass is revoked. That's because, although Ramsey didn't have a fair shot at being a starter under Gibbs, he certainly had a fair shot to be the Skins QB of the future in the post-Brunell era. He failed there too.

The game may very well have passed Gibbs by as a coach. But as a QB evaluator, we can't forget that he did win 3 Super Bowls with 3 different mediocre QBs. Plus, last year, everyone said he was crazy to give Brunell the nod. But Gibbs proved correct and everyone else was wrong.

Now, the NFL's had glimpses of Patrick on Sunday, but Gibbs has seen more, including every practice. So what did he think of Ramsey's future potential? Well, he went out and traded his 2006 3rd round, 2007 1st AND 4th round to reach for the unproven Campbell at QB, to groom for the future. Talk about a slap in the face.

If all that's the case, how in the hell is Ramsey a fit for the Jets? Simple. It's GM SMOKESCREEN 101.

A sham mating dance with the Redskins over Ramsey makes sense because it includes Abraham as trade bait. This, in turn, this drives up Abraham's trade value. And as aggressive as the Skins have been, teams must view Snyder as a legitimate threat in the Abe sweepstakes, and make an even higher offer for Abe before the draft. Tannenbaum wins.

Want an added bonus? As we draw closer to March 3rd at the end of this week, Pennington and Condon feel more disposable and vulnerable if Ramsey is seen as an option for the Jets.

So, as these Ramsey rumors whip up into a frenzy, try not to be alarmed. It's just Tannenbaum positioning the Jets to get as much value as possible for Abraham. And if we lead the Skins on, while using them as a pawn in the game, I have a feeling that's something that the Jets organization can live with very comfortably.

Wow, Flowtrain actually had a real prophetic opinion?! Usually he's just extremely well written but lacks any kind of content in his posts. He will offer up consequences of future decisions but never actually takes a stand on what he feels we actually should do. For example if you asked him what he felt we should do with Chad, he would offer up in an extremely well written diatribe "we could cut him and absorb a 12 million cap hit, we could restructure his contract and lower the cap hit this year, or we could keep him at 12 million this year with the risk of his arm not healing". To which you'd reply "That's great Flow, but what do you think we should do?" To which he'll reply again in totally different and glamorous wording "we could cut him and absorb a 12 million cap hit, we could restructure his contract and lower the cap hit this year, or we could keep him at 12 million this year with the risk of his arm not healing". (also at this point he might threaten you with his regal sword, carrying on about how he deftly dodges your advances and pierces your armor with a well timed precision strike) Then finally numerous JI members will declare Flowtrain as god and promptly offer their anus as a sacrificial gift for Flow to have his way.

Honestly he is overrated in my opinion, just stating the obvious in a well worded way.

Wow, Flowtrain actually had a real prophetic opinion?! Usually he's just extremely well written but lacks any kind of content in his posts. He will offer up consequences of future decisions but never actually takes a stand on what he feels we actually should do. For example if you asked him what he felt we should do with Chad, he would offer up in an extremely well written diatribe "we could cut him and absorb a 12 million cap hit, we could restructure his contract and lower the cap hit this year, or we could keep him at 12 million this year with the risk of his arm not healing". To which you'd reply "That's great Flow, but what do you think we should do?" To which he'll reply again in totally different and glamorous wording "we could cut him and absorb a 12 million cap hit, we could restructure his contract and lower the cap hit this year, or we could keep him at 12 million this year with the risk of his arm not healing". Right about at this point numerous JI members will then declare Flowtrain as god and promptly offer their anus as a sacrificial gift for Flow to have his way.

Honestly he is overrated in my opinion, just stating the obvious in a well worded way.

Warfish, is that you?

Then finally numerous JI members will declare Flowtrain as god and promptly offer their anus as a sacrificial gift for Flow to have his way.

Boozer my Man you have it right!! All Flow does is talk down to people with big Words! He's a over the Hill YoungJetFan wanna be!! If I take the time to read a Semi Novel I'll read my young friend rather then that Elitist snob known as Flowtrain!!;)

Get the sense it takes Flowtrain an hour and half to watch

"60 Minutes".Too many conditional clauses, too much meandering bullsh!t. Get to the effin' point already!And after he went to the mattresses in defense of that idiot Edwards and his consigliere Hackett in every circumstance, I took most of his blatherings with a health dose of salt.

By comparison, even if you disagree with YJF or Bit about something, they make their point, give facts and back it up simply and concisely.And they've even changed their minds about things over time.

Get the sense it takes Flowtrain an hour and half to watch

"60 Minutes".Too many conditional clauses, too much meandering bullsh!t. Get to the effin' point already!And after he went to the mattresses in defense of that idiot Edwards and his consigliere Hackett in every circumstance, I took most of his blatherings with a health dose of salt.

By comparison, even if you disagree with YJF or Bit about something, they make their point, give facts and back it up simply and concisely.And they've even changed their minds about things over time.

And they don't act like they are talking over your head. There is something to be said for intelligence that is accompanied by an ability to be humble. But what do I know, I'm sure Flow is a nice guy when he's not writing sonnets :rolleyes:

Boozer my Man you have it right!! All Flow does is talk down to people with big Words! He's a over the Hill YoungJetFan wanna be!! If I take the time to read a Semi Novel I'll read my young friend rather then that Elitist snob known as Flowtrain!!;)

There is no comparison between YJF and Flowtrain.

YJF is one of the very best Jet fans posters on either board. He makes great points, supported by factual evidence and is not afraid to say when he made a mistake.

It is very easy to criticize everyone's opinion without going on the record yourself, especially when you are called out to do so.

Good call Savage.

Archived