Is there a ranking of Right Tackles specifically?

It seems like every major draft analysis and ranking source lists guys as OTs (not LT or RT) and, as usual, Left Tackles are typically ranked higher.  In a few cases they will mention that a guy can play either left or right but not what his primary position is.

If the Jets believe they have two competent LTs in Becton and Fant (although each with a different challenge/risk.... Becton with health/commitment and Fant with one-year left on his contract) then could the Jets simply try to address RT in this Draft with something like a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Are there any decent sources for rankings of guys who are primarily Right Tackles?

This doesn’t really exist unfortunately. Probably because after the first round tackles are mostly put into a pot of “Tackles” that have to be developed into a role on the offense.

Abraham Lucas is a guy that played RT in college and is now firmly a round 2/3 guy. Also guys like Luke Goedeke and Max Mitchell also fit the mold.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

This doesn’t really exist unfortunately. Probably because after the first round tackles are mostly put into a pot of “Tackles” that have to be developed into a role on the offense.

Abraham Lucas is a guy that played RT in college and is now firmly a round 2/3 guy. Also guys like Luke Goedeke and Max Mitchell also fit the mold.

Lucas would be a great fit at 69 IMO. Better than a tackle at 4.

• Upvote 1

Tackles outside of the round 1 prospects being discussed tested well.

Sean Rhyan, Zach Tom, Lucas, Raimann, Diesch, Waletzko, Tyler Smith all with positive test results. Overall, I think there's a huge dropoff in tackle from the first 3 guys (Cross, Neal, Ekwonu), but I think the optimal way to handle Becton is probably to draft a developmental prospect who can play in the zone scheme with a 3rd round or day 3 pick to have as insurance in case he can't stay healthy.

Also, I think the designations have gotten blurred because the old "pass protect LT and run blocking RT" doesn't really exist anymore. Guys need to be able to do both and players have largely gotten more athletic on both sides of the ball.

9 hours ago, derp said:

Lucas would be a great fit at 69 IMO. Better than a tackle at 4.

I think Lucas is a perfect long term compliment to Becton. He had a good senior bowl and a great combine and he’s another guy I think is obviously gonna be a Jet. I feel like the Jets are gonna end up with 1 of Lucas/ Waletzko/ Raimann.

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I think Lucas is a perfect long term compliment to Becton. He had a good senior bowl and a great combine and he’s another guy I think is obviously gonna be a Jet. I feel like the Jets are gonna end up with 1 of Lucas/ Waletzko/ Raimann.

I’m not sold on Becton sticking but I think Lucas is a great fit regardless. And when Douglas was with the Eagles they took basically a fancy version of Lucas (Washington State tackle who hit short shuttle threshold) in the first round in Dillard.

He’s definitely a Senior Bowl fit, Woods who you pointed out in the other thread is another, Watson gets talked about a bunch, I also suspect they love Troy Andersen.

20 hours ago, kdels62 said:

How good are those guys in zone blocking schemes?  That is quickly becoming one of the first things I look for whenever we have these OL discussions.  We don't need huge, man/power blocking guys who overpower people in small areas.  The Jets really want those guys who can get out into space, move to the second level and pick off a moving Linebacker.  That's what the rushing scheme seems to require.