KDels Draft Board

kdels62

21 minutes ago, maury77 said:

So who do you guys want in round 2 and 3? I didn't watch much of the guys left. 

I think the biggest needs on the team are as follows:

1) DT

2) RB

3)OL depth 

4) Safety

We have 2 picks today that are very far from each other so its possible we miss out on a lot of talent. 

Looking at my board it has to be DT at 38, or a small trade back to recoup a pick. There’s also the Nakobe Dean issue. This is my preference at the top of round 2 

252C0539-E25D-4886-97E2-9A9F21D85816.thumb.jpeg.423d7675657698f9871be44a9fda68ba.jpeg

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think the biggest needs on the team are as follows:

1) DT

2) RB

3)OL depth 

4) Safety

We have 2 picks today that are very far from each other so its possible we miss out on a lot of talent. 

Looking at my board it has to be DT at 38, or a small trade back to recoup a pick. There’s also the Nakobe Dean issue. This is my preference at the top of round 2 

252C0539-E25D-4886-97E2-9A9F21D85816.thumb.jpeg.423d7675657698f9871be44a9fda68ba.jpeg

I think Jones from UConn is a strong possibility at 38, but is DT really that big of a need? Quinnen just had his option picked up, Rankins is still there, JFM will slide inside on passing downs, Thomas is depth (along with a few other guys). Jets said they wanted starters with their first few picks and I don’t see a draft pick starting over Quinnen and Rankins.

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

I think Jones from UConn is a strong possibility at 38, but is DT really that big of a need? Quinnen just had his option picked up, Rankins is still there, JFM will slide inside on passing downs, Thomas is depth (along with a few other guys). Jets said they wanted starters with their first few picks and I don’t see a draft pick starting over Quinnen and Rankins.

Based in the Jets heavy rotation last year I’d say they need a DT. They never replaced the guy with the 2nd most snaps at the position. And Rankins, who was terrible, can still be cut for minimal dead money. 

Quinnen, Rankins, Marshall, Shepherd, JFM (part-time) is underwhelming and 1 injury away from being a problem. Plus Quinnen and Rankins are injury prone. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Based in the Jets heavy rotation last year I’d say they need a DT. They never replaced the guy with the 2nd most snaps at the position. And Rankins, who was terrible, can still be cut for minimal dead money. 

Quinnen, Rankins, Marshall, Shepherd, JFM (part-time) is underwhelming and 1 injury away from being a problem. Plus Quinnen and Rankins are injury prone. 

Was really hoping Wyatt would fall to the 2nd round but I think Mathis and Winfrey should be on their radar for sure.  

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

JJ at 26 is a great pick, IMO.  High character, ridiculous motor, wants to be great, coachable, etc.  I understand some of the feedback you guys have had on him but what is really the difference between him and say, Hutch?  Both showed out as seniors, same size, same athletic profile.  I watch them and neither are ridiculous bendy edge guys, more power and motor than anything else.  Your hoping to develop both their pass rush skills.  While I dont love having to move up, I totally understand it and I think they know without a shadow of a doubt, they're getting a dude who absolutely loves ball and has an immediate transferable skill set.

I'm happy about it ultimately, I wasn't feeling it with a 10th overall pick, but for 26 it's a no brainer to trade, which is basically giving up a 5th and moving down in the 3rd, which is well worth it.

The difference for me is an ability to bend the edge and dip fluidly, which to me limits his athletic potential to be a dominant rusher, but he's going to be a good power rusher because his hand usage is great, he's strong, and he is able to leverage his arms well. He's also more game-ready now than the 2nd round guys who are about to go (Ebiketie, Mafe, Ojabo cause of injury, and Thomas) and I suspect someone like Bonitto is lighter than what their protypical traits are for the position.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I'm happy about it ultimately, I wasn't feeling it with a 10th overall pick, but for 26 it's a no brainer to trade, which is basically giving up a 5th and moving down in the 3rd, which is well worth it.

The difference for me is an ability to bend the edge and dip fluidly, which to me limits his athletic potential to be a dominant rusher, but he's going to be a good power rusher because his hand usage is great, he's strong, and he is able to leverage his arms well. He's also more game-ready now than the 2nd round guys who are about to go (Ebiketie, Mafe, Ojabo cause of injury, and Thomas) and I suspect someone like Bonitto is lighter than what their protypical traits are for the position.

Right on, and yeah, I think he's the most transferable immediately, maybe outside of Hutch, just because he can come in and play the run/set the edge right away and he's learning pass rusher nuance in the NFL.  I think he's a good compliment to Lawson.  Makes for an interesting front for sure.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Right on, and yeah, I think he's the most transferable immediately, maybe outside of Hutch, just because he can come in and play the run/set the edge right away and he's learning pass rusher nuance in the NFL.  I think he's a good compliment to Lawson.  Makes for an interesting front for sure.

Agreed. I never hated him or anything like that to be clear, I'm totally good with what transpired yesterday. It's nice having a competent front office and it's clear 2020 was more about lack of established process and lack of clear vision in what Gase's system or identity was supposed to be. Saleh and JD actually are working well together and it's amazing.

• Upvote 2