Is there still an issue with the "sympathy" emoji?

On 9/18/2023 at 8:09 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I see people responding with "sympathy" in posts where it doesn't make sense.  I know there was a problem with this in the past.  Is it still going on?

I don't know that there is any issue.  There are a couple of posters that use it with a specific meaning in mind.  A meaning I'm not sure the rest of us understand.  When I asked one, he told me that he was using it as a mild approval.  Seems to me like that it was what "like" is for, as opposed to post of the week.  I just had to ask him because I considered it kind of negative unless it is use to agree with a post about a sad state of affairs - like a Zach WIlson sucks post or something.  There is another dude doing it now, but I don't have the time to ask every time I don't understand somebody's response.

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2023 at 7:09 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I see people responding with "sympathy" in posts where it doesn't make sense.  I know there was a problem with this in the past.  Is it still going on?

If I am using the mobile app, whenever I "like" a post, it shows up as a sympathy emoji.  I thought maybe the issue had been corrected until I realized that I just have not liked many posts in the last week and a half.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

If I am using the mobile app, whenever I "like" a post, it shows up as a sympathy emoji.  I thought maybe the issue had been corrected until I realized that I just have not liked many posts in the last week and a half.

@Maxman I think this has been this way for a while.