Do we draft a QB in the first round?

Tezza

Do we draft a QB in the first round?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do we draft a QB in the first round?

• Yes (sit behind a future HOF'r and have insurance if Rodgers gets injured again)
    • No (we need OL)
    • No (We need another position - not OL/QB)

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Yes yes yes this is what I'm saying.

Saleh seems to be an extradionary defensive coach but not head coach material and if you are going to be a non-CEO head coach it better be on the offensive side of the ball or you hit pay dirt with an OC who is in there for the long-term.

However, this is the first time in Rodgers's career where he will have full autonomy over the offensive game plan, scheme, plays called, etc.  a Head Coach that he can vibe with and feels confident will ensure the defense does enough to win with what AR8 is doing on offense.

Is this the best strategy? No...but it's reality unfortunately. I do hope however that if this all is the case which it really seems to be that there is a come-to-Jesus moment this offseason with Saleh relaying the message:

"You are HEAD COACH IN NAME ONLY. WE DON'T HAVE TO PROMOTE THAT PUBLICLY BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE OFFENSE, HOLD TEAM BUILDING MEETINGS, DO PRESS CONFERENCES, AND MAKE SURE YOUR DEFENSE KEEPS FEASTING.....or you can be fired now."

And this would work but only with rodgers.  It was a very short sighted plan.  And i think they’d be foolish to run it back with wilson believing he’s going to finally turn the corner.  He’s not.  He will flash but there’s enough games to know that qbs rarely become functional starters if they suck year 3.  They would be better of drafting pratt in the 3rd and bringing in a veteran qb.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

We are indeed talking about yodels, Twinkies, and Funny Bones on the Networks and the Internet machine. I do not know anyone personally in the biz and therefore am beholden to relaying whatever information is fed to the grazing animal mass public.

But yeah I like McCarthy and think he can be good if he sits for a bit.

lol I'm not THAT plugged in, but yes, I don't take anything seriously guys paid to get ppl to tune into ESPN/NFLN. Regardless I do have McCarthy as a day 2 guy whom I like - and if i was a GM, i would put in the work to find out where he's at; along with Pratt and Ewers. 

We need to be thinking about who has the skills/talent to play vs NFL defenses. Enough of this chasing arm talent - look what that's done to a bunch of teams. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

lol I'm not THAT plugged in, but yes, I don't take anything seriously guys paid to get ppl to tune into ESPN/NFLN. Regardless I do have McCarthy as a day 2 guy whom I like - and if i was a GM, i would put in the work to find out where he's at; along with Pratt and Ewers. 

We need to be thinking about who has the skills/talent to play vs NFL defenses. Enough of this chasing arm talent - look what that's done to a bunch of teams. 

Exactly.  Pick qbs who are mentally dialed in to win games and get first downs.  Pratt is the perfect example, a parcells type.  4 yr starter, tough, leader.  I would take him in the 3rd no question

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Any word on Ewers? I like him a lot but the yodels are saying hes staying at Texas in 2024.