Circumstances warrant a Saleh/JD Return

JetsFanatic

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you’d be taking Rodgers’ keys and trying to hand them to Harbaugh, who would never come here.  

You’re right, of course, that we’ve needed a VP for some time but who is gonna work for Woody even with a “blank check”?  It’s such a no-win situation at this point….

It's a blank check and total control and proven winners like Harbaugh are egomaniacs. Don't be naive. The only thing stopping it from happening is Woody's stubborn incompetence. 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

There is no top coach that is coming here. None. Nobody.

Belichick basically wrote the next 20 years when he decided he wasn't working for Woody.

Belichick is human garbage. 

You're 100% wrong. Woody just needs to put up the money and promise to shut up, move back to London sign the checks. Be a ******* man, publicly admit you don't know jack sh*t about football and have decided to retire and hire someone to run your football team and never be heard from again. Done and done. That's how successful people get sh*t done. Realize what you don't know and get out of the way of the experts. He's too stupid and entitled to realize this.

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Belichick is human garbage. 

You're 100% wrong. Woody just needs to put up the money and promise to shut up, move back to London sign the checks. Be a ******* man, publicly admit you don't know jack sh*t about football and have decided to retire and hire someone to run your football team and never be heard from again. Done and done. That's how successful people get sh*t done. Realize what you don't know and get out of the way of the experts. He's too stupid and entitled to realize this.

I am 100% wrong and you outlined that Woody needs to do everything completely differently and there is no indication that he is planning on any of that.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

i dont understand you guys. 

you trade two #2s and swap a 1st rd pick for 4 plays and we win 6 games with our backup QB and you want to fired everyone and tell Rodgers to F off ? 

dont you at least curious as to what this is next year? 

you got a HOF QB who actually want to play for us but you dont want him. 

anybody who wants Rodgers gone is not allowed to complain about not making the playoffs for 13 years cause if you get rid of him were not making the playoffs for another 2 years with a rookie QB. and if we get that wrong ......

Favre had one of his best season at 40 yrs old with Minn. Brady did too at 40. 

Brees played 11 games at 40 but played really well too. 

its not crazy to think that Rodgers can do this too.

Love this..they are all on, no reason to blow it up now.

Next season or bust.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The problem is.. Harbaugh isn't likely to be interested with Rodgers and all of your top candidates are likely going to want to pass barring some real crazy assed conditions. Even if you go the "the new GM/HC can decide if they want to keep Rodgers" that isn't really a decision. Rodgers contract isn't really able to be terminated as the dead cap hit is insane so they'd be keeping him.

The new GM/HC would be expected to fix this roster, hire a full staff, install systems and compete for a Superbowl in their 1st year. Even if they could move on without Rodgers.. the Jets situation for a rebuild is abysmal. The "Good" players contracts expire in a year or two so they're either going to be paid significantly more or off the team. Those decisions would have to be made on some guys before they even got to see how they fit the new systems. So the Jets would have to go through to "burn down" phase before they could really start a 'rebuild'. GM and HCs have a hard time surviving that.

It's just not an attractive situation for a new staff to walk into so.. The don't really have any options other than running it back and hoping a miracle happens.

This is just loser mentality. I get it. You're a Jets fan. You have no idea what winning looks like.

I'll tell you what it doesn't look like: crying in a corner that "well we CAN'T do the best thing because it will be HARD". FFS, sack up and give it a shot at least

Just shut the f up and stop whining like and execute the plan. At whatever cost. 

6 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

In the current NFL it is almost unheard of to bring back a HC for a fourth season after three double digit lost seasons in his first 3 years.  However that is about to happen with the New York Jets.  While I'm not going to make a case that Saleh is a good HC and deserves to be brought back I can make a case for the thought process that results with his return.

The Jets in 2023 went all in and traded for Aaron Rodgers. In addition a change was made in the coaching staff that replaced OC Mike Lefluer with Nate Hackett, an Aaron Rodgers guy.  Unfortunately 4 plays into the 2023 season the plan got derailed with a season ending injury resulting in the Jets not only not contending for a championship but once again bottoming out with a double digit loss season.

The dilemma now is do the Jets pull the plug on the entire plan and once again clean house or do you bring everyone back and try again with the hope Rodgers stays healthy. and if not at least have a competent back up like Gardner Minshew or Jacoby Brissett. 

There really is no way to fire Saleh/JD and bring back Rodgers. Why? Because you would have to find a HC that would keep Hackett (or find another OC agreeable to Rodgers).  This is 2012 all over again when they kept Rex and fired Tannebaum. It greatly cuts the candidate pool down and you have to settle for someone desperate enough for a job. It's not a great plan and sports arranged marriages rarely work.

The Jets are better off sticking with their 2023 plan for one more season.  They sold their soul for Rodgers, I would not pull the plug because the first season did not work out.  Give it one more year, that truly is the best probability for success. I know we are all upset and want our pound of flesh, but I think in this case discretion is the better part of valor.

I say this as a senior citizen fan from the 60's!   I've been through a lot of Jets misery and am as impatient as any fan here!  

So it’ll be better if saleh gets launched mid season when the team starts 1-7?  Saleh has done nothing to show that he can coach an nfl team.  He knows nothing about offense and compounded his lack of knowledge by hiring milfy for two seasons.  He is reaping what he has sown.  Saleh can be launched and they can keep Hackett.  Rex had to have scitty as his oc when he was coach.  So too can the next guy.  Or maybe they could just move Ulbrich to head coach.  Then too Hackett will be oc and Rodgers happy.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am 100% wrong and you outlined that Woody needs to do everything completely differently and there is no indication that he is planning on any of that.

Right. See my post earlier today about Woody dying.

I wasn't joking. Looking at the circumstances with reasonable expectations as you're attempting to here mean that nothing happens until he's taking a dirt nap. He's not going to execute and he's not going to sell.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetPotato said:

Right. See my post earlier today about Woody dying.

I wasn't joking. Looking at the circumstances with reasonable expectations as you're attempting to here mean that nothing happens until he's taking a dirt nap. He's not going to execute and he's not going to sell.

Alright we aren't wishing death on people here. I didn't see the earlier post but geez.

Let's not do this here.

• Upvote 1