Question for Bit, Rigs and Ham...

Matt39

And basically everyone who knows more than me(many of you, I know)

What would be your #1 concern with D"Brickshaw Ferguson?

I haven't heard any bad press about this guy(strong work ethic,good attitude,physical specimen) Is he the closest thing to being a lock as a dominant tackle in the league?

I mean there has to be some concerns with him, right?

He will be a little on the light side at a playing weight of 285-290 during the season, other than that, he's the real deal. Is his weight really an issue? Well, do you think a man of that weight can handle Julius Peppers bull rush?...not I

He's been called a below average run blocker at this stage in his development, and some question his ability to handle the bull rush in the NFL. I'm not as high on him as bitoni, but he still has the potential to be a pro bowl type franchise LT. To annoint him as a garanteed pro bowler is premature, IMO. He is definitely the best speed/outside pass blocker in the draft, and probably the best to come along in quite a few years in that respect. Like Adrain Jones, he is a one position lineman... LT and that's it.

Can he become a really good finesse run blocker in time? He has the smarts and athletisism to do just that. He also has the frame to continue to get bigger and more powerful. One of the reasons he's ranked so high is that he is a very high character kid, with his head on straight. Very mature kid. I think he's just a bit over rated, but if we didn't have Jones who I see as a LT who will improve, I'd love taking Ferguson at 4. O linemen and the kicking game are my pet projects.... so I figured I'd weigh in.

my number one concern with DBrick is that he won't be available at the #4 pick. Seriously.

I mean there is obviously no such thing as a perfect prospect - if i have to pick a flaw he needs to get better guarding his inside shoulder against pass rushers - but that's nit picking. The guy is awesome.

Archived