Rapoport: Jets Expected to Trade Zach Wilson This Offseason

On 1/21/2024 at 9:16 AM, bla bla bla said:

I think it's the Broncos.

LOL

Sean Payton would murder Zach Wilson with his bare hands.

He couldn’t stand Russ not running the plays as called and instead doing what he does, running around like a chicken with his head cut off playing hero ball.

Payton is looking for a Brees clone.

He’s looking for a pure pocket passer like CJ Stroud who knows what he’s looking at and gets the ball out on time with precision.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

No one is trading for Zach, outside of some contract agreement in which Zach basically agrees to be paid peanuts - which he won't, so in the slim chance he has an opportunity to rebuild his stock, he can choose where to go. His agent's advice will be to concede nothing.

More likely he's cut cause 31 other teams know he's not coming back - plus he sucks. Bad combo. 

Woody won’t cut him

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Brees was not on the scrap heap.  He was offered $10M per by more than one team.  The Dolphins stupidly pulled out because he was coming off a shoulder injury and traded for Culpepper.  More than one poster here had suggested making the move for Brees instead of having a competition between the perennial comeback player of the year candidate, Kellen Clemens and Patrick Ramsey.

Not sure that Payton's comments about Hackett meant what you think they meant.  I think he was complaining about Hackett running a loose ship and letting Wilson and his entourage run roughshod.  Not necessarily that he didn't know how to coach or handle a QB.  He seems pretty quick to move on from Russell which would seem to indicate he isn't gambling his career on egotistically thinking he can get something where Hackett got nothing.

I'm probably putting too much stock into Payton's comments about Zach last year lol

37 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

He couldn’t stand Russ not running the plays as called and instead doing what he does, running around like a chicken with his head cut off playing hero ball.

He’s looking for a pure pocket passer like CJ Stroud who knows what he’s looking at and gets the ball out on time with precision.

I'm probably putting too much stock into Payton's comments about Zach from last season.

I do still think that the Broncos ultimately don't swing at QB this year and take it on the chin from a cap perspective. Why waste a rookie contract when the team can't put any talent around him for a year or 2.

2 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

image.thumb.png.69a28537e259cf07ecbb5e00dc083477.png

QB and Oline bonding.  With no Zach in sight. Love to see it. 

Zach never grasped it was part of the gig to get to know your teammates. Probably my why the line blocked better for Simien.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

image.thumb.png.69a28537e259cf07ecbb5e00dc083477.png

QB and Oline bonding.  With no Zach in sight. Love to see it. 

This is exactly what QB's are supposed to do. And I know this because it's exactly what Shane Falco did in the The Replacements, starring Gene Hackman and Keanu Reeves. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

What are you talking about?  Zach is a Brees clone but a superhuman version 

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Zach never grasped it was part of the gig to get to know your teammates. Probably my why the line blocked better for Simien.

Zach literally had a look of terror on his face the night of the draft because he saw one of the other draft picks throw up a gang sign.

Sign of things to come

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1