Interesting Take on The Jets Draft

DHJF

He compares Leinart to Brady, but he's not a first round grade?

That confused me as well. Unless through poor writing he's comparing him to the PROSPECT Brady was on draft day. The way it reads, ("I compare Leinart to Brady; very very similar in almost every category I grade,") it reads as though they're similar right now. There are a bunch of guys who come out annually with equal or better physical tools than Brady on paper. But what separates Brady from other passers with talent (all the coaching/system stuff notwithstanding), are his instincts & ability to feel the pass rush & get rid of the ball. It keeps drives alive even on busted plays. That kind of stuff is difficult to gauge from college when the talent at his disposal was so disproportionately superior to the defenses USC faced on a weekly basis.

I would be all for trading down and landing Ngata or Davis..BOTH would be day 1 starters...with the added 2nd rd pick they could get a QB...

I think Mangin and a Tanne may stay away form the Star factor of leinert or Young..They seem to prefer more grounded type players.

Archived