Hard Knocks - phone call between #Giants GM Joe Schoen and Saquon Barkley when he was told he would be allowed to become a free agent.

I watched the 1st 3 episodes last night.

Schoen was a prick and also clueless.  I'm glad he's not the Jet GM.

It didn't sound to me like Saquon really gave him any assurances at all.  He was just like sure, whatever.

Despite the owner's clear and obvious preference to keep the player, it was obvious Schoen didn't value him at all.

I don't blame Saquon at all for moving on.

Schoen is a total phony, even telling Saquon "thanks for being such a great player and leader" or whatever and model member of the organization at the end of a conversation in which he was basically telling him his services were no longer required.

• Upvote 2

LOL

Schoen to Saquon's agent talking about the player as if he's some washed-up 36-year old WR he's willing to throw a vet minimum deal at:

"Don't get me wrong.  I still think he can help us."

Prior to drafting Nabers, the next best "weapon" on the team was Darius freaking Slayton.

Schoen is either delusional or a complete moron or both.

The most insightful comment came from one of the underlings sitting on the couch (paraphrasing):

"So my question is, so if we do let Saquon walk, what is our offensive identity going to be?  How are we gonna make plays, move the ball, score points, etc.?"

To which Schoen replies, "We're not paying our QB 40M to turn and hand the ball off."

LOLOLOLOLOL 🤣

Schoen is still clinging to the hope that DJ proves worthy of that albatross contract.

• Haha 1

I've watched the two episodes so far pretty boring. When the show revolves around people in the FO esp the GM Schoen. No way to me as interesting as when centered around the players. Also just not that excited about the Giants. 

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I've watched the two episodes so far pretty boring. When the show revolves around people in the FO esp the GM Schoen. No way to me as interesting as when centered around the players. Also just not that excited about the Giants. 

I completely disagree. This is a totally unique season where we get to be a fly on the wall of how GM/org works in the off season. I find it fascinating. I don’t give a crap about a giants fringe player making the roster or watching slo mo highlights of practice.

Agree that the Giants staff seems very inexperienced and douchey. Daboll is also a douche. 

I have no prob with Daboll or any of them. I just thought they were kind of boring. But if they have top positions like GM and HC there is a PR factor and imo they could clean it up a bit esp with the f bombs etc. 

16 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I have no prob with Daboll or any of them. I just thought they were kind of boring. But if they have top positions like GM and HC there is a PR factor and imo they could clean it up a bit esp with the f bombs etc. 

I agree.  I have an intense hatred for the giants and love to see them fail.  so with all this negative publicity they are getting on Hard Knocks, I wanted to watch.  despite the dumpster fire, I could not make it more than 15 minutes in episode 1.  man, they are THE most boring franchise in sports.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1