***OFFICIAL REAL NFL OPENING DAY GAMES THREAD***

31 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Interesting theory, but getting off to a good start is a good idea, in general. I would also argue it is a particularly good idea for a team that hasn't won anything in a long time and has a lot of young key contributors (Sauce, Breece, GW, Quinnen, Quincy, JJ, AVT) who have yet to experience success in the NFL.  

FYI, the Jets led 7-3 and 7-6. 

Point taken. That was in the opening minutes of the game.

It was all down hill after that ..... Fast. The game was over by Half Time.

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

I've been following the Jets longer than you have been alive. Over the years I've come to learn what to expect from the Jets. That's a lesson you have failed to learn. There really is something to the tired old bromide. "Same Old Jets" I am not a Cult Follower, I am a fan of the game.

But even the Cult Followers know in some part of their consciousness what is in store for them. Thats why they keep reciting "We gotta get off to a fast start"....."We gotta get off to a fast start"....."We gotta get off to a fast start"....." Like its some sort incantation. If only they can will the Team to a victory. The Jets never lead the 9ers at any point in Last Monday's Game. Back up Running Back and all the 49ers flattened the Jets. Now the Jets are going to beat one of the more average Teams in the league ? Even a number of Cult Followers have their doubts about that.

How's that for get off to  "Fast Start" ?

i wasnt talking about any of this. i was saying....

On 9/10/2024 at 8:37 PM, WestCoastMole said:

I would love to see both the New York Jets FO and the loud mouth fans who were clamoring for Zach's head proven wrong.

so you would love to see the team that you rooted for since before i was born which is 51 years to look like fools just so some player who sucked for 3 years looks good? thats not a Jet fan.

when they talk about how bad a franchise, we have been they dont mention, Idzik, MAC, Gase, etc, etc.....they say THE JETS!. making JD and Saleh look foolish hurts the team your supposed to be rooting for.

who else are you looking to make us look foolish? Sam Darnold? Jamal Adams? maybe Bryce Huff? 

the love for Zach Wilson with some of you guys over your own team is unbelievable.

so you would love to see the team that you rooted for since before i was born which is 51 years to look like fools just so some player who sucked for 3 years looks good? thats not a Jet fan.
when they talk about how bad a franchise, we have been they dont mention, Idzik, MAC, Gase, etc, etc.....they say THE JETS!. making JD and Saleh look foolish hurts the team your supposed to be rooting for.
who else are you looking to make us look foolish? Sam Darnold? Jamal Adams? maybe Bryce Huff? 
the love for Zach Wilson with some of you guys over your own team is unbelievable.
The kid most likely is an epic bust.

But there is a slight possibility he was an immense talent that needed coaching and time to mature since he came out of school with limited experience at a very young age.

If by some miracle it proves out that the Jets were incapable of coaching him up and some other place like Denver succeeds ... It would expose the ineptitude of the coaching staff making it easier to address.

That is all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, doitny said:

Let the record show who keeps bringing Zach Wilson into this.

Zach is but one of the Failure Stories that the NY Jet Franchise has churned out over its entire history.

Sam Darnold looked pretty damn good against a putrid Giant Team. This week we will see Sam against the same team that pounded the Jets last week. I will be watching that game closely. Sean Payton seems to think he can do better with Zach Wilson than Kevin O'Connell is doing with Sam Darnold. Unfortunately the situation with Bo Nix and and Jarrett Stidham is going to come first.

I said last year the Jets Defense is grossly overrated. The 49ers took the Jets best player on Defense, Quinnen Willams and reduced him to an incredibly average player. This team has setup a Revolving Door of players moving in and out of the Defense. That Revolving Door is spinning at the speed of a turbine chewing through Woody's Money in the process. The fact they chew through that money produces an anemic residue. It appears Woody sees this and has placed a freeze of sorts on the Front Office.  Douglas's contract has not been renewed and it appears the skids have been greased for his exit along with Saleh.

True Fans are not Clueless Lemmings. They demand not only wins but a franchise that can make playoff runs with a degree of consistency. Its the Clueless Lemmings that make scapegoats out of individual players. Zach is gone and the Jets got thumped last Monday. It was cleverly evident the Jets are not even in the Class of the 49ers. And now they are going to make a run deep in the Playoffs because Aaron Rodgers is here ? Lets see if they just beat an incredibly average Tennessee Titans Team this week.

On 9/10/2024 at 5:37 PM, WestCoastMole said:

I have followed the Jets sine 1967. And having done so I have learned not to get attached to any team if they don't have competent ownership. the only decent owner the Jets have had is a Sonny Werblin. Leon Hess was a money grubbing skin flint who didn't care what they team did on the field and by far the worst owner the Jets have ever had. The Johnsons want to build a successful franchise but don't have a clue what to do.

The Mara Family is a bunch of arrogant m**********s

As to Zach he has the tools to be an All Pro QB and has demonstrated he can deliver the goods when he is on his game. Not all QBs can play starting caliber ball out college. As a matter of fact only a few QBs can do that. Most QBs need to be developed and Zach is one of them. I expect that Sean Payton sees the same thing in Zach and meant what he said when he told Zach I'm going to make you millions of dollars. I would love to see both the New York Jets FO and the loud mouth fans who were clamoring for Zach's head proven wrong.

The Jets are heading for a lulu of a hangover once Rodgers retires

"Serious Question" and that's all you can do ? Post an emoji ?