Vernon Davis

bman

Whoever Likes This Pick Is On Meth. You Don't Take A Te In The Top 5 Picks. A Te Is Supposed To Also Be An Extension Of Your O-line, And He Is A Bad Blocker. For A Top 4 Pick You Sell The Farm And Get Bush Rather Than Dump It On A Workout Warrior Te. Ramsey Will Get Whacked More Than People On The Sopranos And Pennington Wont Be Able To Reach Him. Get Bush Dammit

Whoever Likes This Pick Is On Meth. You Don't Take A Te In The Top 5 Picks. A Te Is Supposed To Also Be An Extension Of Your O-line, And He Is A Bad Blocker. For A Top 4 Pick You Sell The Farm And Get Bush Rather Than Dump It On A Workout Warrior Te. Ramsey Will Get Whacked More Than People On The Sopranos And Pennington Wont Be Able To Reach Him. Get Bush Dammit

not sure where I fit in exactly, i'm on meth but don't like the pick. I can't believe we have a 4 page thread about te with no mention of cris baker. He is the most underrated te in the league imo & this thread proves it. a healthy baker with decent coaching and utilized properly & often is what the ny jets need this year at the te spot. Sure we need depth at te but not by selling the farm for davis. If not d brick at #4 we need to trade down & solidify a bunch of spots for both starters & depth

i'm joewilly & i'm ..............wait a minute, I don't have to state my age cause i'm against davis @4

you wouldn't trade the #4 for Gates?

First of all, probably not. Second of all, Davis comes with absolutely no guarantees that he'll be another Gates. If we were sitting around the 15th pick then sure I'd take Davis. That's a reasonable area to target a TE. 4th is not.

I love the thought of Vernon Davis. I think he can be HUGE in this league. If DBrick is not there, he is my choice.

BUT...with the OLine in its current state. You are going to bring Davis in here for what reason exactly? Because until this line improves, any TE on the field is going to have to block. All that speed isn't going to help when his 250 pounds is getting man handled at the line of scrimmage.

Offensive Tackles don't score TDs. Nor will good RBs with no blocking. What is the goal here? To see if we can get more QBs hurt next season?

Take Vernon Davis at 4 and Eric Winston, Jon Scott or Marcus McNeill at 29. Improve the O-line AND get a gamebreaker. Everyone wins.

not sure where I fit in exactly, i'm on meth but don't like the pick. I can't believe we have a 4 page thread about te with no mention of cris baker. He is the most underrated te in the league imo & this thread proves it. a healthy baker with decent coaching and utilized properly & often is what the ny jets need this year at the te spot. Sure we need depth at te but not by selling the farm for davis. If not d brick at #4 we need to trade down & solidify a bunch of spots for both starters & depth

i'm joewilly & i'm ..............wait a minute, I don't have to state my age cause i'm against davis @4

That meth you're smoking seems to be kicking in. Chris Baker is the most underrated TE in the league? I like Baker don't get me wrong but the guy is coming off a BROKEN LEG and he wasn't all that amazing in the first place.

The fact that a bum like Doug Jolley is waiting in the wings if Baker goes down with another injury should be enough to scare any Jets fan into wanting another tight end.

If the Jets draft Davis I would like to see them use him as a WR. He played some wr in college and he certainly has the speed for it. Not only is Davis faster than Antonio Gates he's faster than most of the wr's in this year's draft.

Hmmmm I dont know about that.

If you take V-Davis at 4 that means your passing on at least 1 of these 4 players:

Matt Leinart

D'Brick

Mario Williams

Reggie Bush

I would love to trade down and grab Vernon Davis, but that is probably not possible.

Archived