Vernon Davis

bman

Is he worth a top 5 pick?

JUST SAY NO TO BRICK

You can find a competetent LT in rd 2 or 3..

How many TD's did Anthony Munoz score?

How about Orlando Pace?

Teams need offensive weapons..I dont care how good Brick is...The jets offense still blows..

Coles is OK

Curtis is old and slow

what a joke!..Those guys scare nobody..

Draft Vernon Davis

Draft Maroney at 29 or 25..Then get the big OT...

I love the thought of Vernon Davis. I think he can be HUGE in this league. If DBrick is not there, he is my choice.

BUT...with the OLine in its current state. You are going to bring Davis in here for what reason exactly? Because until this line improves, any TE on the field is going to have to block. All that speed isn't going to help when his 250 pounds is getting man handled at the line of scrimmage.

Offensive Tackles don't score TDs. Nor will good RBs with no blocking. What is the goal here? To see if we can get more QBs hurt next season?

Jets | V. Davis entering the picture

Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:29:33 -0700

Bob Glauber and Ken Berger, of Newsday, report there is increased speculation in league circles that the New York Jets are giving serious consideration to drafting Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whom some scouts consider one of the best talents at his position in years. The 6-3, 254-pound Davis has been on the rise on draft boards all spring because of his athleticism, 4.4 speed in the 40-yard dash and ability to stretch the field. Last season at Maryland, Davis had 51 catches for 871 yards and six touchdowns

Take Him and run like HELL,D'brick will be picked by the saints at #2 to block for brees and his penny arm.I know we need O-line help but those guys can be had in later rds, we need Offense Badly and man do i mean Badly! They are also saying that the JETS want to go deep down field this year (HOW?) i don't know ,but with davis it is a start.Our QB's can only throw short routes ,so maybe we run alot of slant routes for davis and hope he can break some tackles LOL

Jets | V. Davis entering the picture

Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:29:33 -0700

Bob Glauber and Ken Berger, of Newsday, report there is increased speculation in league circles that the New York Jets are giving serious consideration to drafting Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whom some scouts consider one of the best talents at his position in years. The 6-3, 254-pound Davis has been on the rise on draft boards all spring because of his athleticism, 4.4 speed in the 40-yard dash and ability to stretch the field. Last season at Maryland, Davis had 51 catches for 871 yards and six touchdowns

Nice.

Take Him and run like HELL,D'brick will be picked by the saints at #2 to block for brees and his penny arm.I know we need O-line help but those guys can be had in later rds, we need Offense Badly and man do i mean Badly! They are also saying that the JETS want to go deep down field this year (HOW?) i don't know ,but with davis it is a start.Our QB's can only throw short routes ,so maybe we run alot of slant routes for davis and hope he can break some tackles LOL

ramsey has a strong arm.

I hope your right, cause we are going to need that so called (strong arm) of his this year.hope he proves me wrong..... BUT I doubt it;)

Ramsey has a cannon. n fact it's one of the strongest arms in the league. Giving him enough time to use is another issue.

And to all of you who favor us drafting a TE in the top 5, please just be sure to mark your age in the post so I can be sure to see where this is coming from.

BOOZER 76...

You dont want a TE who can be better than Gates or Gonzales?

Are you suggesting that that type of production is not a #4 value?

That's NUTZ...

but a Robert gallery is!

VALUE..

You can find a good LT later...even a good QB...

But at #4 you better land a Differnce maker...

Keyshawn was a difference maker..

Abe was

Vilma MAYBE is...

Bush/Vernon Davis..these guys can be difference makers..

If Jets line up next year with Curtis, Coles, Jmac and Chris Baker as the weapons you might as well sign up for the #25 offense in the league.

Ramsey has a cannon. n fact it's one of the strongest arms in the league. Giving him enough time to use is another issue.

And to all of you who favor us drafting a TE in the top 5, please just be sure to mark your age in the post so I can be sure to see where this is coming from.

HI I'am MIKE, I'am 32 Years old and YES it's True I like Davis the TE as our #4 pick (THE CROWD SREAMS) HI MIKE!!!!! Thank You, I'll be here till Draft Day.:cheers:

BOOZER 76...

You dont want a TE who can be better than Gates or Gonzales?

Are you suggesting that that type of production is not a #4 value?

That's NUTZ...

Hmmm.....Where and when have I heard claims like this before?

VALUE..

You can find a good LT later...even a good QB...

But at #4 you better land a Differnce maker...

Keyshawn was a difference maker..

Abe was

Vilma MAYBE is...

Bush/Vernon Davis..these guys can be difference makers..

Keyshawn was a difference maker!!?? His best season was 1131 yards and 10 TD's. That's nice production, but it sure as hell wasn't all world. If that's the type of difference you want at #4 then I'm really glad you're not pulling the strings. Are you telling me that Orlando Pace is NOT a difference maker? I think K Warner might disagree. How about J Ogden, you don't think he's a difference maker? Walter Jones? Tony Bosselli before he was injured?

Hmmm.....Where and when have I heard claims like this before?

Keyshawn was a difference maker!!?? His best season was 1131 yards and 10 TD's. That's nice production, but it sure as hell wasn't all world. If that's the type of difference you want at #4 then I'm really glad you're not pulling the strings. Are you telling me that Orlando Pace is NOT a difference maker? I think K Warner might disagree. How about J Ogden, you don't think he's a difference maker? Walter Jones? Tony Bosselli before he was injured?

Keyshawn was great for us.

Boozer stop trolling on this board. If you want to know how old these guys are read their profile. What's next?

Hey guys I know how old you are but I really need to see your myspace account and any modeling head shots that you have. That will help me determine if a TE is a good value with the 4th pick.

Thanks,

Boozer

DUDE.....

Keyshawn was the best player on the team in 98!! By Far..

Without him Jets are NOT in the title game...

who was the LT that year anyway!

Fabini was a 4th rounder rookie who started...

Look at Denvers Offensive line..They have consistently had great RB with no top 10 tackles..

The rams DO NOT get to the superbowl without Warner or Bruce..BUt they could have made it without Pace..for sure...

DUDE.....

So Keyshawn, with his 1131 yards and 10 TD's was somehow more of a difference maker than Coles, who's last season playing on the Jets with a real QB was 1264 yards and 5 TD's?

DUDE.....

Fabini was a 4th rounder rookie who started...

Look at Denvers Offensive line..They have consistently had great RB with no top 10 tackles..

The rams DO NOT get to the superbowl without Warner or Bruce..BUt they could have made it without Pace..for sure...

The rams could have made the superbowl that year if Fabini was on their team...or any other number of serviceable tackles...

an OT at #4 would be great if we already had a great offense!

Here's the first overall TE's taken year by year over the last 15 years:

Heath Miller-too early to tell. Had a nice first year

Kellen Winslow-6th overall. Bust

Dallas Clark-Decent TE taken 24th overall.

Jeremy Shockey-14th overall, not lived up to hype, but good TE.

Todd Heap-31 overall. Good value for area of pick.

Bubba Franks-decent TE. Not lived up to expectations

Reginald Kelly-42 overall. WHO!??

Cam Cleeland-40th overall. Just about a bust, had some decent moments

Tony Gonzalez-13th overall, so far the only TE besides Heap where the value and draft position were worth it.

Rickey Dudley-9th overall, great pick!!!:rolleyes:

Kyle Brady-9th overall, super pick!!!!!:rolleyes:

Lonnie Johnson. Won't count him since he was almost 3rd round.

Irv Smith-20th overall. Phenominal!!:rolleyes:

Derek Brown-14th overall. Stupendous!!!!:rolleyes:

Reggie Johnson-30th overall.

Eric Green-21st overall. Worth the value of the pick.

I highlighted the 3 TE's in the past 15 years that were actually worth the draft slot they were taken. None of them were in the top 10.

Tony Gonzalez-13th overall, so far the only TE besides Heap where the value and draft position were worth it.

I highlighted the 3 TE's in the past 15 years that were actually worth the draft slot they were taken. None of them were in the top 10.

Every position has a bunch of busts in the 1st round. And I'd say Schokey has lived up to the hype.

Keyshawn at his best was a better receiver than Coles, especially in the red zone.

Starting with Winslow, here's some notable TE's theat went after them:

Winslow-Watson/Troupe/Cooley

Clark-LJ Smith/Witten

Shockey-Graham/Stevens/Baker/McMichael/Putzier

Heap-Crumpler

Franks-Becht/Kinney

R Kelly-Kleinsasser/Heiden/Cambell/Tuman/Clark/Weaver

I'll stop here because I'm bored with this, but rest assured the trend does continue on every year.

You spend top 5 picks on Game CHANGERS..PLAY Makers..

The Jon Abrahams, the Antonio gates, The Landians, The Farves, The Marinos, The Terrel Daviss...

NOT The Brick!

Antonio Gates was a top 5 pick??!!:eek:

I surely must re-read my NFL history.

no..my point is,

The Rams make the superbowl with Pace...

but not without Faulk or Warner..

The jets are sooooo far behind the 8 ball when it comes to offensive playmakers..you dont start with a LT!!!

I'd rather have Burress and Tiki barber than Brick.

Davis will be better than the 3 guys you high lighted and some, mark my words with the right team JETS or NOT this kid will be great! Oh P.S. winslow was just getting started until he broke his leg.

Him breaking his leg was probably th best way for CLE to save face. That kid was gonna be nothing but trouble and just about everyone knew it at the time.

no..my point is,

The Rams make the superbowl with Pace...

but not without Faulk or Warner..

The jets are sooooo far behind the 8 ball when it comes to offensive playmakers..you dont start with a LT!!!

I'd rather have Burress and Tiki barber than Brick.

Dude I'm not saying we should only take Brick. I'm up for alot of ther options as well. a TE at #4 is not one of them.

Archived