Jets Place DE Jermaine Johnson On IR Promote DL Jalyn Holmes To Active Roster Call Up LB Marcelino McCray Ball

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

IMO we need a beefy DL to stop the run. I don’t see them passing much unless we go up fast. Taylor can play DE in a JFM type role. Holmes is rather useless IMO.

Taylor is already on the active roster. Holmes was a replacement on the active roster for JJ. Haven’t heard who will be inactive for tonight’s game.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who should be Taylor?  The DE that they need to replace JJ against the run?  The special team LB that they want because Sherwood and Surratt will be on the field more?  Taylor is a DT.  I didn't expect this year's David Clowney to be a DT.

Taylor is on the 53 man roster but they have to make him active if we are to see him play.

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Taylor is already on the active roster. Holmes was a replacement on the active roster for JJ. Haven’t heard who will be inactive for tonight’s game.

Haven’t seen him activated. I assumed McGee got would get 3rd down work. But I’m all for Taylor playing DE on early downs to clog up space along with some bull rushing.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who should be Taylor?  The DE that they need to replace JJ against the run?  The special team LB that they want because Sherwood and Surratt will be on the field more?  Taylor is a DT.  I didn't expect this year's David Clowney to be a DT.

After these two games it’s all hands. Quinnen is playing every snap in the A gap and nobody else is winning a single rep. This is looking pretty grim and I think they have to try whatever they’ve got. Kinlaw’s terrible, Thomas has been terrible. The edge matchups will unlock if they figure out some better option than just running their best guy into constant double teams and praying somebody else makes a play.