Ulrich Quarterly Season Review

Jets offense sucks as always! If the Jets had a half way decent offense they’d be 3-1.

Defense got their doors blown off week 1, since then averaging 11 ppg - well done!

Saleh can’t coach his way out of a paper bag. Because he’s always passing the buck.

Rodgers has failed so far.

See you in London.

• Sympathy 1

Can someone explain to me why you would blitz a decent amount last week and not blitz at all today.

Facing a young qb, why not bring the kitchen sink, knock him on his ass and force him into turning the ball over.

What am I missing that the gameplan was to let him sit back there all day and never make him uncomfortable?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Can someone explain to me why you would blitz a decent amount last week and not blitz at all today.

Facing a young qb, why not bring the kitchen sink, knock him on his ass and force him into turning the ball over.

What am I missing that the gameplan was to let him sit back there all day and never make him uncomfortable?

That’s right Bo Nix was super effective scoring 10 pts and throwing for 60 yards.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

That’s right Bo Nix was super effective scoring 10 pts and throwing for 60 yards.

Bo Nix did not turn the ball over.  You need to pressure rookie qbs and they will hand u the ball.  

If the jets get a pick or 2 and a sack fumble we win this game.

But no.  We just let him sit back there and never forced him into any mistakes.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is probably a good time to point out that Bo Nix was 12 of 25 for 60 passing yards.

The Broncos scored 10 points.

The D balled out today. This loss is entirely on the offense.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

This is probably a good time to point out that Bo Nix was 12 of 25 for 60 passing yards.

This loss is on who called breece for two runs from the 1.  The going for it in 4th and 10 with 3 timeouts was stupid. 

lazard made a dumb mistake. 

4 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Thats not the point.  Why would you not want to force a rookie qb into turnovers.  We were ok w/ letting him be comfortable back there.

Again, if we get a pick or 2 or a strip sack we win this game.

][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" timestamp="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6]" name="Joe W. Namath" userid="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6]"] Bo Nix did not turn the ball over.  You need to pressure rookie qbs and they will hand u the ball.  
If the jets get a pick or and a sack fumble we win this game.
But no.  We just let him sit back there and never forced him into any mistakes.

Stop blaming the defense.

It’s not the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using ][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]JetNation.com mobile app

][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" timestamp="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]]" name="Joe W. Namath" userid="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6]"] Thats not the point.  Why would you not want to force a rookie qb into turnovers.  We were ok w/ letting him be comfortable back there.
Again, if we get a pick or or a strip sack we win this game.

Again,

If your offense can score a td you win when your defense holds people to points a game.

You can’t blame the defense for not getting pick sixes but ignore that the offense can’t score

Sent from my iPhone using ][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, funaz said:

Again,

If your offense can score a td you win when your defense holds people to emoji637.pngemoji637.png points a game.

You can’t blame the defense for not getting pick sixes but ignore that the offense can’t score

Sent from my iPhone using emoji638.png]emoji640.png[emoji6emoji640.pngemoji637.png]][emoji[emoji6emoji640.pngemoji638.png]emoji640.png[emoji6emoji640.pngemoji638.png]]emoji639.pngemoji638.png[emoji[emoji6emoji640.pngemoji638.png]emoji640.png[emoji6emoji640.pngemoji637.png]]]JetNation.com mobile app

No one is blaming the defense.  The question is why would you not want to pressure the hell out of a rookie qb and force him into turnovers?  It makes no sense.

Denver blitzed 50% of the time and almost put Rodgers in the hospital.

Y not be in attack mode?  Saleh wants a 2 score lead right?  Blitz the hell out of nix, get him to turn the ball over and get the offense some short fields.

Y was that not the gameplan? 

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Would you rather lose a bad weather game at home to denver 10-9, or get your doors blown off on both sides of the ball at the Ravens?

I said it in another thread.  With the bills losing, the jets loss today is irrelevant.  The Bills are losing again next week @ Houston.  Vegas has us as only a 2.5 dog to the vikes.  Its a sucker bet to take the vikes.

The jets will be in sole possession of 1st place 1 week from today.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Jets were scared if they blitzed Nix and Hurt him Wilson would have come in the game and beat them

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The Jets were scared if they blitzed Nix and Hurt him Wilson would have come in the game and beat them

That may be it cause not 1 person has responded with a legitimate answer as to why the defensive game plan today was not to rattle a young qb.

I mean, how does this even happen?  In the meeting does Ulbrich say, "I got it!  Lets never pressure bo nix this week.  Lets never rattle him and try to get him to make mistakes.  Lets only rush 4 and give him all the time in the world back there.  Especially as the broncos will blitz the hell out of our qb and beat him into submission."

Saleh, "Jeff, this is a brilliant idea.  Lets not force any interceptions or strip sacks or knock this rookie qb on his ass.  This is genius!"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

That may be it cause not 1 person has responded with a legitimate answer as to why the defensive game plan today was not to rattle a young qb.

I mean, how does this even happen?  In the meeting does Ulbrich say, "I got it!  Lets never pressure bo nix this week.  Lets never rattle him and try to get him to make mistakes.  Lets only rush 4 and give him all the time in the world back there.  Especially as the broncos will blitz the hell out of our qb and beat him into submission."

Saleh, "Jeff, this is a brilliant idea.  Lets not force any interceptions or strip sacks or knock this rookie qb on his ass.  This is genius!"

welp thats the way it looked they kept bringing LB's up to the line and then dropped them in coverage if it was not raining as bad as it was I think he would have torched us because it seemed the balls were extremely slippery. I remember the Refs keeping the ball covered until the center got to the ball to start the play Im not sure I saw that once today.