Ramsey : Q & A ~ ~ ~

kelly

May 31, 2006

Features

Q & A with Jets QB Patrick Ramsey

By Mike Holbrook

May 30, 2006

Despite a crowded QB situation in New York, Patrick Ramsey seems to have a great opportunity to rehab his stalled NFL career and make the most of his opportunity in the Big Apple.

Ramsey, 27, was acquired by the Jets in a mid-March trade with the Redskins. The cost was a sixth-round pick in the 2006 draft. But the Jets believe the price was well worth it.Though he fell out of favor with Joe Gibbs and the Redskins

I have no faith in Ramsey. So inconsistent in DC, can't feel the rush. I see Penny in for 3 games until the paper mache arm takes a stiff knock and then a frustrating, Ramsey-led slog through the rest of the season with Brooks/Clemons making a few appearances toward the end.

I don't think that will be the case. I think this coaching staff will start the best player and you will see that player go the whole season. That is if they do what they say they are going to do. This team will go how the offensive and defensive line goes. That might be an obvious statement, but it really holds true with our team. If they gel quickly I could see us going 8-8 with an outside shot at the playoffs. Realisticly I see us winning about 4 to 6 games.

I agree. I think the QB they decide on will go the whole season barring

injury. There will be some wins sprinkled between the losses but

not directly the fault of the QB position. Toward the end of the season

I could see some playing time for Clemens. That of course

if he isn't by some chance the opening day starter LOL.

Archived