OT: 24 - Has Jumped The Shark

The Gun Of Bavaria

OK...I can't take much more.

What had been shaping up to be one of the best seasons of 24 yet has turned into sheer lunacy. Since this show attempts to be written in a 'realistic' setting I feel comfortable saying that this year's storyline has gone completely to scheisse.

Here's why in my opinion:

1. The ridiculous ass "Not all arabs are terrorists' disclaimers.

2. The "Override". Like the USA is going to build something that could control every nuke plant in America. If they did, like they are going to let the thing just travel around the country by train.

3. The kidnapping of the SecDef. Whatever.

4. New pilot never seen before just waltzes onto a base and hops into a Stealth Fighter even everyone from the ground crew to security, etc would immediately recognize this wasn't the 'normal' pilot and say 'who's dis farging guy?" Anonymous pilots just don't take F-117As for a spin.

4a. New pilot executes ground crew and waltzes into Crew Chief's office as a 'guest mechanic'to say everything is alright. Please.

5. Shooting down of Air Force One. First of all the thing wouldn't sit there like a sitting duck. It has built in electronic jammers, flares, chaff and countless other types of coutermeasures we have no idea about. At a minimum that 747 would be flying in such a manner when the threat appeared that no one inside would keep their lunch down. These aren't LTs flying the damned thing.

5a. 5 F-15s just sit there while a plane fires a missle at the plane they are supposed to protect. Don't think so.

5b. Amazing how AFO which is based out of Andrews AFB in Maryland just happens to be flying over LA. No way AFO would be anywhere near a threat.

and SIX: This is just a guess and is what put me over the edge. Next week's episode apepars to be the terrorists trying to steal the 'football', the briefcase carried by the Presidents military aide with launch codes, etc. The milisecond that plane was shot down, the codes would be changed. That plan is already in place, the terrorists would have useless codes in their posession.

If that's the route the storyline takes, terrorist trying to launch our own nukes I quit watching the show.

Yeah it's fiction, but it isn't science fiction. The show isn't becoming believable any longer.

What had been shaping up to be one of the best seasons of 24 yet has turned into sheer lunacy. Since this show attempts to be written in a 'realistic' setting I feel comfortable saying that this year's storyline has gone completely to scheisse.

1. The ridiculous a$$ "Not all arabs are terrorists' disclaimers.

2. The "Override". Like the USA is going to build something that could control every nuke plant in America. If they did, like they are going to let the thing just travel around the country by train.

4. New pilot never seen before just waltzes onto a base and hops into a Stealth Fighter even everyone from the ground crew to security, etc would immediately recognize this wasn't the 'normal' pilot and say 'who's dis farging guy?" Anonymous pilots just don't take F-117As for a spin.

4a. New pilot executes ground crew and waltzes into Crew Chief's office as a 'guest mechanic'to say everything is alright. Please.

5. Shooting down of Air Force One. First of all the thing wouldn't sit there like a sitting duck. It has built in electronic jammers, flares, chaff and countless other types of coutermeasures we have no idea about. At a minimum that 747 would be flying in such a manner when the threat appeared that no one inside would keep their lunch down. These aren't LTs flying the damned thing.

5a. 5 F-15s just sit there while a plane fires a missle at the plane they are supposed to protect. Don't think so.

5b. Amazing how AFO which is based out of Andrews AFB in Maryland just happens to be flying over LA. No way AFO would be anywhere near a threat.

and SIX: This is just a guess and is what put me over the edge. Next week's episode apepars to be the terrorists trying to steal the 'football', the briefcase carried by the Presidents military aide with launch codes, etc. The milisecond that plane was shot down, the codes would be changed. That plan is already in place, the terrorists would have useless codes in their posession.

If that's the route the storyline takes, terrorist trying to launch our own nukes I quit watching the show.

Yeah it's fiction, but it isn't science fiction. The show isn't becoming believable any longer.

I agree Guns..Being Ex AF you really have to leave

your Reality behind while watching the show..But

for Network fare it's still a good show!! :?

I can happily say I have never watched nor will ever watch an episode of this show.

The tail of one of the cows in the next field has more acting ability than Kiefer Sutherland.

lol...i hate his acting too... :lol:

1. The ridiculous a$$ "Not all arabs are terrorists' disclaimers.

I agree GOB.

I like the plotline where the terrorists have multiple plans covering their real intent, but the plausibility of them and the belivability as you pointed has made this seasons a little too far fetched.

This season is a little too much. If 9/11 is any indication terrorists plan, plan and plan again. They would have had to come over on the Mayflower to pull all of this off.

24 fans check in.

Did we smell out that predictable storyline ahead of time or what?

Yes.

It also goes back to your 'Jump the Shark' post. The believability of this season was stretched to the max and it has snapped by now.

Still better than most tripe on the tube.

Question: I think President Palmer will return, agree?

I think he will be needed for inside info now that the VP looks like he is whacko or a inside plant..

I was thinking about that.

He seems like such a puss.

I read a book along that lines where China implanted a mole to infiltrate the White House by planting/brainwashing a kid young. He became a young VP, like along Manchurian Candidate, and then became President when the President died.

I head Palmer is supposed to be back for the last 6 episodes. Perhaps he will assist Jack as he incapacitates other government employees to interrogate a suspect held by another agency......again.

It's clear the VP has zero balls which will only factor into the dilemma. Next week's terrorist hijacking of a nuke weapon off a convoy is a joke. Have you ever seen the security on one of those convoys? You'd have a better chance breaking into North Korea.

If the VP is some sort of a plant I stop watching, period.

Archived