Long Snappers?

#27TheDominator

Who long snaps on this team? I know Dearth does, but it doesn't look like they are going to want to hold onto him. I think I read Mangold does, but I haven't heard who is the first team long snapper. I assume Mangini would prefer not to waste a roster spot (Dearth?) for a one dimensional guy. Especially when people on the board are looking to keep 4 Qbs, 6 wrs and God knows how many dbs.

every year it's the same routine

people come to the board, complain that James Dearth isn't Tony Gonzolez and speculate about all the possible replacements...

forget about it

it's not going to happen

James Dearth is a top 5 NFL long snapper. He's literally one of the best in the business. A great long punt snap is 0.7 seconds - Dearth can do that reliably if not faster - plus he can get it down for field goals using the same velocity.

If the Jets were dumb enough to cut this player he would have another job in 0.7 seconds.

There's a reason why Tannenbaum gave him a 10 year deal.

Please please with uncertainty at what seems like every position can we leave the long snapper alone?

every year it's the same routine

people come to the board, complain that James Dearth isn't Tony Gonzolez and speculate about all the possible replacements...

forget about it

it's not going to happen

James Dearth is a top 5 NFL long snapper. He's literally one of the best in the business. A great long punt snap is 0.7 seconds - Dearth can do that reliably if not faster - plus he can get it down for field goals using the same velocity.

If the Jets were dumb enough to cut this player he would have another job in 0.7 seconds.

There's a reason why Tannenbaum gave him a 10 year deal.

Please please with uncertainty at what seems like every position can we leave the long snapper alone?

Jolley, Baker, Dreesen should make the team. Pociask is out for the year, but that leaves Moa, Tutt, Kowalewski and Dearth. They are using H-back formations and have hardly any FBs, but still seems like at least two of those guys probably should be cut. A coach that is so in love with versatility probably doesn't love the fact the guy isn't Tony Gonzalez and that in six years in the league he has more yards on kick returns (16) than receiving (10). I didn't know he was the Nolan Ryan of long snappers though.

Archived