The "No Snappy Title Comes to Mind" Episode of POTW - August 9, 2006

GreenBeans

Folks I'm here to tell you that summer colds suck - a lot. More than that "Where's the TC reports?" thread, but let me stay on task here - the POTW staff has no opinion it cares to share on that particular topic. Anyway....

The nomination for this week's prestigious award are:

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

From a good source (me), here's the Jets report for today:

*PennyBoy was 27/29 for 36 yards in 11 on 11 drills with his red jersey on.

*CuMar looked good watching from the sidelines.

*DFat sucked wind after every play.

*Vilma got knocked down by an 11-year old, 75 lb autograph seeker.

*Nugent kicked more balls out-of-bounds than went through the end zone (same as he did in the real games last year).

*Mangini was heard saying "WTF did I get myself into".

Glad to provide the info, hope this helps.

(The nomination is better: "Anytime TX can combine 7,000 of his posts into one, it deserves to be recognized." - Thanks to The Troll!)

-------------------------

Originally Posted by faba

Leinart- only 1st rounder not signed

likelihood, Matt Leinart would have been the No. 1 overall pick had he entered the NFL draft in 2005. Now, the former USC quarterback is the only 2006 first-rounder without a contract in place.

AllenThat distinction fell to Leinart on Tuesday when the Miami Dolphins signed rookie free safety Jason Allen to a six-year contract.

Allen, who was selected 16th overall, and the Dolphins agreed late Monday to the deal that reportedly includes up to $9 million in guaranteed money. He was on the field with the team Tuesday morning for the first of two scheduled workouts.

Also Tuesday, the Dolphins waived injured cornerback Will Poole -- who missed the entire 2005 season after reconstructive knee surgery and was placed on the physically-unable-to-perform list earlier in this year's camp. Poole tore the ACL in his left knee during a minicamp in the spring of 2005.

Allen led the Southeastern Conference with 123 tackles in 2004, becoming the first non-linebacker in at least 35 years to lead Tennessee in that department.

The first Tennessee player to be taken in the opening round since 2002, Allen played only the first five games of his senior season because of a dislocated hip.

Leinart, meanwhile, who dropped to Arizona at No. 10, is still without a contract, and the two sides have made little progress toward an agreement.

Originally Posted by Sharrow

They quoted his agent as saying "Thats hot"

----------------------------

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

"(Last year) We had injuries. You had (Richard) Seymour hurt early and Rodney Harrison was out. Those are some of our core guys, and some of the (replacements) coming in were terrible. Duane Starks, he came in and played like trash. He was terrible. You had other guys coming in that couldn't fill the shoes of some of those guys that had been there for years and (were) your core guys."

You mean it wasn't all Mangini's fault?

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

RUH ROH..putting up the Batlight for rajensen in 5-4-3-2-1

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

hahaha

SFJ you moron. The 2006 Pats had a more talented defense than all 3 of their superbowl teams. They only regressed because that fatty, who can't even keep in shape himself, was running that half of the team. The Jets' defense was far more feared in '05 than the Pats. We would be better off with Herm back here. Herm was not soft on his players & they can be "motivated" to overcome the team having no timeouts, 10 men on the field 2 plays in a row in the playoffs, making long FG's longer in Pittsburgh in the dead of winter by kneeling on the ball, and not getting plays into the huddle until there are <5 seconds left to hike the ball. And he would've had at least 4 superbowl rings with the Jets if not for Bradway. And Herm took over for just as tough a situation as Parcells did in '97 & Mangini in '06. And Kevin Mawae is still a pro-bowler who can be trusted to keep his trap shut to the media, Ty Law was a shut-down corner in '05, and John Abraham is worth $60M and will be Atlanta's iron-man for the next half-decade. And our annual salary cap limit is really $275 million, not $102 million like the rest of the league.

Did I miss anything?

--------------------

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Boy, that cover 2 sounds awesome. Why don't we use that?

2007 Chiefs fans comment: "Man, all I got's some regular old crackers."

-----------------------

Originally Posted by shawn306

Herman Edwards plans to help his defense by using sound play selection on offense. :rl:(x's 3)

Originally Posted by KSJets

I'll see your :rl:(x's 3) and raise you :rl:(x's 3)more.

I couldn't stop laughing when I read that. Priceless. Just priceless.

---------------------------

(This entire thread was nominated)

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21021

----------------------------

Originally Posted by TaborJet

Guys, ease up on ol' Tx.

Clemens will eventually unseat Pennington, whether it's through injury or just shows him up by throwing a few deep outs. This is like the "death rattle" for poor Tx. His biggest source of material will be gone after this season.

Originally Posted by JetFanFL

He still have DROB in his side pocket.

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

and Nugent in the other

Originally Posted by JonEJet

And a Penis buried deep in his cornhole

-------------------------------

PennyBoy is a complete joke.

I can't believe Jet fans thought that this complete loser was their "franchise QB" based on half a season of games over 4 years ago.

All you have to do is look at his record versus top defensive teams:

3-13

Yea, PennyBoy will take the Jets to the promised land.

Originally Posted by GimmeShelter

You're like a crack Ho when it comes to Chad.

You run out your tired ole stuff over and over just to get your fix.

----------------------------------

(The Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX)

Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan

I have a jet bowling ball.

Did it come with butcher knives?

--------------------------------

Originally Posted by joewilly

yeah its sad really......not so much about cumar being injured & old but that savage 69 isn't takin the bait of this thread hook,line or sinker. :confused:

max, ya want me to run over there with a board apology for the sav man? i'm pretty good at em ya know :wink:

------------------------------------

Thunderbirds Signature

I got me a gen-u-ine Wayne Chrebet pic, with authentic autograph! Max is THE shiz-net! :yahoo:

Originally Posted by Jetcane

Ramsey got about 60% of the snaps, Bolly 30% and Clem 10%. CP got the rest of 'em.

Originally Posted by Jetfan13

Hey Cane, did you go to the Yogi Berra school of math????

hermhornsad6.jpg

Originally Posted by L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

You like them Ribs uh? I told you they were Hot ,Thier Burnin' my A$$ Too! Feels like I'am about to Crap out a Bottle of Tabasco!

(Alk says:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! I had to keep from laughing here at work or people would have started to think I'm even crazier than they had already suspected.

I'm pretty good at making these predictions so here you go...

POTW!!

gb says: Good guess.

)

---------------------------------

Originally Posted by joewilly

I just wish the likes of greanbeans would take notice. as far as potw goes, I might as well change my username to jetsfantx.

joewilly,

Trust me, you don't want to do that.

If you change your name, all you will get is "runner-up" POTW. :eek:

-------------------------------------

Originally Posted by shutout

I love Lamp

Originally Posted by Garb

Tom Brady! 29 today.

(just to annoy you all )

Originally Posted by Max

He is 19 in heterosexual years.

Originally Posted by Garb

which makes you, Max, approximately 69 in Sheep years.

---------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Fred Jetstone

1) December 24, versus Miami, Bollinger will pass for 300+ yards AND rush for 100+ yards in the same game and go on to win league MVP

2) The Xanadu project will fall through

3) After an 0-16 season, Tom Brady will announce that he's gay and has been secretly dating Lance Bass

4) Herm Edwards will melt down during an interview and just start screaming "paprika, paprika, paprika" over and over again

5) vcash will never be restored

6) Brenjetsfan will marry a mormon and go on the wagon

7) JN will be sold to a mysterious figure posing as a Saudi oil billionaire, the basketball forum will be used as an Al Queda recruiting network

8) Mangini will learn that he is the separated-at-birth-siamese-twin of Andy Richter

9) D'Brick and Mangold will play pretty well

10) Fred Jetstone will streak onto the field, Dec. 10 vs. Buffalo

Originally Posted by SeniorFlaJet

Anyone want to buy 2 tickets to the Dec. 10th Buffalo game, below face

value.

It's no big deal.

Cannizzaro was given the day off by the Post after his lengthy circle-jerk session with Sooth last night.

Originally Posted by Max

Bren,

Jetstone gave me Fred Flintstone multi-vitamins. I should be all set.

Originally Posted by JetFanByMarriage

Didn't your mom tell you never take candy from a stranger!

(Editor's Note - EXCELLENT! ;))

--------------------------------

Originally Posted by Max

Mangini needs to hit the gym. But that will have to wait until the offseason. He has put on serious weight in the past few months. When the first camp photos were released I thought Smizzy was our new head coach.

-------------------------------

(Topic: Mangold's sister following in his footsteps )

Originally Posted by Boozer76

Good god, her myspace profile title:

"big grls give the best head cuz thur always hungry"

That's gotta make Nick proud!!

Originally Posted by Fred Jetstone

Where's the Bollinger wallpaper, Cleremont Cassanova, uh, I mean GreenMachine?

Originally Posted by JetFanFL

Don't rush the Bollinger wallpaper, he'll be hanging it soon enough.

----------------------------------

(Topic: The Barton Guarantee(s))

1) Tx will say something retarded

2) Jensen will say something that makes Tx look like a genius

-------------------------------------------

The winner of the world famous POTW for this week is:

hermhornsad6.jpg

You like them Ribs uh? I told you they were Hot ,Thier Burnin' my A$$ Too! Feels like I'am about to Crap out a Bottle of Tabasco!

This combines the photoshop skills of Sperm Edwards and the quick wit of L.I.MikeBleedsGreen to form a beautiful (and safe for this week) POTW choice. Congratulatons to L.I.MikeBleedsGreen - the JetNation POTW award winner for this week. Great job!

This legume needs a nap and a blanky - bleech.

Until next week, eat your GreenBeans.

Thanks guys Wooo Hooo! Man It feels good to win something. I would like to thank Sperm for his funny Pics and Green Beans for the O.K.

But most of all Would like to thank the NATION!! of all my jet Brothers! oopps and Sisters

Still can't believe I beat the TC report thread ,Man that was one for the Ages. But thank you ,and I will try to come up with more material as soon as Max and Fredjetstone come back from TC and getting Bolly's autograph. That's all I got so far .haha

GO JETS in 2006...........Oh BTW,TX and Alk the Pats SUCK!!

Thanks guys Wooo Hooo! Man It feels good to win something. I would like to thank Sperm for his funny Pics and Green Beans for the O.K.

But most of all Would like to thank the NATION!! of all my jet Brothers! oopps and Sisters

Still can't believe I beat the TC report thread ,Man that was one for the Ages. But thank you ,and I will try to come up with more material as soon as Max and Fredjetstone come back from TC and getting Bolly's autograph. That's all I got so far .haha

GO JETS in 2006...........Oh BTW,TX and Alk the Pats SUCK!!

See if I ever give you another POTW. That's right, if I hadn't nominated it and given it my stamp of approval, Beans never would have selected you. So you're welcome bitch. :)

Archived