House of 1000 Corpses Hypothetical

TomShane

Just watched this movie again, and it's fun because it's so derivative of (an homage to?) every other horror movie made since 1974.

I was wondering this: You and three friends end up trapped in a creepy house with a family of freakish homicidal Satan-worshipping freaks. You and your friends are separated into different areas of the house. Only, you somehow escape and have the option of:

A) Running for help -or-

B) Trying to mount a stealthy assault on the family to save your friends

Obviously, the safe option is to try and go for help. But, by doing so, you risk that your friends will be brutally murdered before you can bring the help back. Then again, if you try to free them yourselves, you stand a small chance of succeeding, but you might, and thus, save their lives.

In House of 1000 Corpses, one of them gets free and, let's just say, she doesn't make it. That's what spurred this question, and not my own sick fantasies or life experiences. What would YOU do?

You have two options.

1) Run like hell--- and DO NOT flag down the first car you see or tell anyone the truth.... get transport to the next town with a fake story, rent a car, drive to the nearest major city, and THEN go to the police station.

2) Kill them all--- A lot harder and it depends on the circumstances. If you can get a gun or something it improves your chances.

The "stick around and try to rescue your friends without any meaningful weapons" plan is GARBAGE. Gets you killed every time. There's a certain point where you have to be realistic.... stumbling around a house owned by a family of psychos just isn't going to do you any good.

Every man for himself, unless as I said killing 'em is a realistic option.

In the Ho1kC situation you run for Chrissakes.... not only is there the family but any idiot could figure out Dr. Satan was gonna make an appearance. Stealthy assualt my ***.

Every.

Man.

For.

Himself.

First rule of Horror movies: when you're part of a large group cover your OWN ***. Work with the group to the extent it improves your chances of survival but when it doesn't cut bait and run.

The ONLY exception is if there's a witty, tough, resourceful individual who has saved you or is likely to: sometimes a "buddy dynamic" is worth risking the chainsaw for.

I don't think escaping would be enough for me,if i was in that situation and i had the chance to get the upperhand(sneak attack) i would find something i knew i could kill everyone with and just go Kamakazi style.

I don't think i would take much comfort in knowing that out there somewhere these crazy Mofo's were looking for me and they had my friends.

I don't think escaping would be enough for me,if i was in that situation and i had the chance to get the upperhand(sneak attack) i would find something i knew i could kill everyone with and just go Kamakazi style.

I don't think i would take much comfort in knowing that out there somewhere these crazy Mofo's were looking for me and they had my friends.

Naw man... you get out.

Now the real question is, what do you do in a pulp fiction situation? Your biggest enemy is being a****ped by two freaks in the basement, you have the chance to get away.... but there's a Samurai sword right there...

I dunno. I think I'd go back, but it's hard to be really sure.

For me it would depend on who & why this guy was my enemy...If he crossed me,**** him,im out.

But if i crossed him ,then i would use that opportunity to right things and save him. getting my revenge while getting in the good graces of my enemy.

• 2 years later...

Archived