Saban is overrated, Deanglo isn't

bitonti

ok maybe im being a wuss but on national tv going for it 4th and goal from the long 1 against the Panthers defense in Carolina is a field goal situation in my book

is Saban playing head games with his team to put them in s--t situations and see how they react? if gonna go for it that's a sneak situation with a 6'6" QB but doesn't have the nuts to run it preseason more than once.

Daunte looks amazing one play and garbage the next... same story with this guy from before the injury. Not too worried that he's in the division.

their offensive line is feeble - McMichael and Chambers are talented but Wes Welker is a career STer playing slot receiver and Ronnie Brown isn't in his groove tonight.

CAR RB Deangelo Williams looks far better in terms of franchise RB potential. He just busted a 98 yard KR and all it takes is Deshaun Foster to sneeze wrong and he will be promoted to starting tailback.

the defense has young scary players like Matt Roth and Jason Allen and old scary ones like Taylor, Traylor and Zach Thomas - a good group.

maybe that's just wishful thinking, as they play the same crappy NFC North teams we play

but all in all i think it's fair to say the Dolphins are slightly overrated... still a good team, still possibly a playoff team but not Lombardi trophy material. as all MIA teams do will look good on sunny days but definately beatable as the cold sets in and the season wears on.

ok maybe im being a wuss but on national tv going for it 4th and goal from the long 1 against the Panthers defense in Carolina is a field goal situation in my book

is Saban playing head games with his team to put them in s--t situations and see how they react? if gonna go for it that's a sneak situation with a 6'6" QB but doesn't have the nuts to run it preseason more than once.

Daunte looks amazing one play and garbage the next... same story with this guy from before the injury. Not too worried that he's in the division.

their offensive line is feeble - McMichael and Chambers are talented but Wes Welker is a career STer playing slot receiver and Ronnie Brown isn't in his groove tonight.

CAR RB Deangelo Williams looks far better in terms of franchise RB potential. He just busted a 98 yard KR and all it takes is Deshaun Foster to sneeze wrong and he will be promoted to starting tailback.

the defense has young scary players like Matt Roth and Jason Allen and old scary ones like Taylor, Traylor and Zach Thomas - a good group.

maybe that's just wishful thinking, as they play the same crappy NFC North teams we play

but all in all i think it's fair to say the Dolphins are slightly overrated... still a good team, still possibly a playoff team but not Lombardi trophy material. as all MIA teams do will look good on sunny days but definately beatable as the cold sets in and the season wears on.

I agree with most of your post mate, but I must say that the Phins pass rush has been horrible tonight. Delhomme has been off target most of the night even though he has had plenty of time in the pocket.

Harrington out performed Daunte tonight IMHO.

DeAngelo Williams is not only going to be a beast out of the backfield but as he showed tonight he can also do it on Kick Returns. This kid was the real deal at Memphis and I thought he'd be the best back of the 06 draft class...time will tell but when you average 6 yards per carry at any level it's impressive...and that's what he's doing this Pre-Season.

Ronnie Brown...bahahahahahah...over-rated. He needs a 1-2 punch to shine, he cannot shine as the primary back taking the ball 20-25 times a game, not going to happen. Miami will be disappointed. You don't go from never doing it to being one of the "Top 10 backs" in the game and doing it all by yourself.

Saban isn't overrated at all. Nobody is punching his ticket to Canton yet, but don't call him overrated.

He is a BB clone that brought this team out of the slums of the AFC east and completely changed the attitude of this roster. Players kind of gave up under Wanny and they didn't show any heart out on the field. It isn't that way under Saban.

Not only is he putting together a team of pretty good players but he also is assembling a great group of coaches. Right now the Phins have Capers, Mularkey and Houck teaching these players how to play the game the right way. I love the fact that Saban is willing to bring in coaches that have head coaching experience. Saban has brought a new attitude and a more flexible system to Miami, which is something that we didn't have a few years ago.

The future looks bright in Miami.

Saban isn't overrated at all. Nobody is punching his ticket to Canton yet, but don't call him overrated.

He is a BB clone that brought this team out of the slums of the AFC east and completely changed the attitude of this roster. Players kind of gave up under Wanny and they didn't show any heart out on the field. It isn't that way under Saban.

Not only is he putting together a team of pretty good players but he also is assembling a great group of coaches. Right now the Phins have Capers, Mularkey and Houck teaching these players how to play the game the right way. I love the fact that Saban is willing to bring in coaches that have head coaching experience. Saban has brought a new attitude and a more flexible system to Miami, which is something that we didn't have a few years ago.

The future looks bright in Miami.

You actually make sense. That is a rare phenomenon for a Dolphin fan.

Good Luck to you.

As Chuck D says,

Archived