Jets vs VaGinants game thread

Preston Howley III

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One newspaper account I read gave credit to 57 for blocking it and running it in. I'll try to find it on the tape.

McClover blocked it and ran it in. When you watch your tape try to figure out what that guy on McClover's right (S? #38?) was thinking. He never turned his head to the left and didn't block and a Giant ran right past him on the outside and looked for the tackle. If they weren't so close the end zone he might have caught McClover.

Thanks guys. That is pretty sweet and hard to do.

Block the punt, stay on your feet, pick it up and return it for a TD. Glad to see that this kid will definitely be on the team this year. With his size and speed they have to use him.

Cane...

Another thing about McClover. It is hard to tell but have you heard\seen anything about his speed this year after the injury? Is he still the same? I would think an ankle injury would be easier to come back from at full speed instead of a knee but what the hell do I know!

Max, I havent seen him really turn the burners on yet.

From the first day, he was very tentative, and little by little he has gotten better.

He is in amazing shape and condition, and I dont think he has lost more than a tenth of a sec off his 40 time, if i had to take a guess. Okay, maybe two tenths at the most, but that is also a guess. He looks pretty darn good.

Cane, you liked too Wallace Wright didn't you? He looked real good on special teams coverage. Stuff like that can help him make the team. A guy like Newhouse looks more polished as a receiver, but doesn't add anything on specials. Wright can return and tackle. Good skills to have on team versatility.

Exactly 27- I was thinking this last week- that a guy like Wright needs to make a ST impact to help his chances.

Archived