Hypothetical question/Senario

Tinstar2

I wonder if any Jet fan believes the Broncos would trade us Jay Cutler for our 2006 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Back during the draft,those picks were like gold to Mangini.Would you trade gold for an un-polished diamond.If you knew then what you should know by now,would you have traded those picks for the chance to take either Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart.

Me,I would have used my 1st overall pick,the 4th pick in round 1 on Jay Cutler.I knew what everyone who ever questioned this kid'd ability because of where he played his College ball will soon come to realize.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if any Jet fan believes the Broncos would trade us Jay Cutler for our 2006 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Back during the draft,those picks were like gold to Mangini.Would you trade gold for an un-polished diamond.If you knew then what you should know by now,would you have traded those picks for the chance to take either Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart.

Me,I would have used my 1st overall pick,the 4th pick in round 1 on Jay Cutler.I knew what everyone who ever questioned this kid'd ability because of where he played his College ball will soon come to realize.

since when did the Broncos front office get a lobotomy?

why the f**k would the Broncs trade him after he has looked so good?

offer them a 1st and a 3rd and they would still say no at this point,,they cant stand plummer, his days are numbered

No.

Tinstar, the Jets needed O-linemen.

Hopefully, Clemens gets a chance to play a few games for us this year, so we can see if he's the future. Otherwise, the Jets have a shot at Brady Quinn.

We have Kellen Clemens, they have Jay Cutler. Both QB's are the future of the franchises.

Right.

That's why if Brady Quinn has a season like he did last yr,and we have a top 2 pick he's going to be wearing Jet green instead of having Jay Cutler and Adrian Peterson in our backfield with Chad Jackson as our developing Wideout.

Jet Fans believe this team is devoid of playmakers on Offense.Without question,this team had the opportunity to begin the 2007 season with an offense comprised of

Jay Cutler _ QB

Adrian Peterson _ RB

Chad Jackson _WR

That's ok thou,Brick will keep the defense off Chad so he can throw his 5 yard outs and take his occasional shots down field,and Barlow will fend off the NY Jews after making that comment about Hitler.

The next time someone tells me the Jets are rebuilding,i think i will puke.

Right.

That's why if Brady Quinn has a season like he did last yr,and we have a top 2 pick he's going to be wearing Jet green instead of having Jay Cutler and Adrian Peterson in our backfield with Chad Jackson as our developing Wideout.

Jet Fans believe this team is devoid of playmakers on Offense.Without question,this team had the opportunity to begin the 2007 season with an offense comprised of

Jay Cutler _ QB

Adrian Peterson _ RB

Chad Jackson _WR

That's ok thou,Brick will keep the defense off Chad so he can throw his 5 yard outs and take his occasional shots down field,and Barlow will fend off the NY Jews after making that comment about Hitler.

if we didnt fix OL by gettin Brick and Mangold, then Unitas, Sayers and Rice wouldnt be successful let alone cutler/peterson/jackson,,

Tinstar, the Jets needed O-linemen.

Hopefully, Clemens gets a chance to play a few games for us this year, so we can see if he's the future. Otherwise, the Jets have a shot at Brady Quinn.

Dude you know that Porsche you keep preaching that Herm inherited from your uncle Bill.It needed a QB then,and it needs 1 now.In 1999,Parcells proved just how badly that team he built needed a reliable QB.He was the GM,and since then,the Jets team has still needed a reliable QB.Chad did what he could,but he just couldn't stay healthy,and even with all that,the Jets came within 1 sunday of advancing to the AFC Championship game twice.

Both times under that moronic HC you dislike so much.

90% of this board thinks Herm was a horrible HC.Of that 90 percent,60 percent think Curtis Martin is nothing more than a stat monkey.Of that 60%,50% believe Chad Pennington is an unfit NFL QB.Remember that 90%,they all believe the team Herman Edwards inherited was a SB caliber team.

Talk about jacking yourself off.

Right.

Jay Cutler _ QB

Adrian Peterson _ RB

Chad Jackson _WR

Without an OL upgrade, who ever was back there would be running for their lives. This isn't Madden or Blitz. And as above, if Clemens isn't the real deal, hello Brady Quinn.No matter what though, fair point-the 5-yard Pennington offense has an expiration date of 12/31/06.

Dude you know that Porsche you keep preaching that Herm inherited from your uncle Bill.It needed a QB then,and it needs 1 now.In 1999,Parcells proved just how badly that team he built needed a reliable QB.He was the GM,and since then,the Jets team has still needed a reliable QB.Chad did what he could,but he just couldn't stay healthy,and even with all that,the Jets came within 1 sunday of advancing to the AFC Championship game twice.

90% of this board thinks Herm was a horrible HC.Of that 90 percent,60 percent think Curtis Martin is nothing more than a stat monkey.Of that 60%,50% believe Chad Pennington is an unfit NFL QB.Remember that 90%,they all believe the team Herman Edwards inherited was a SB caliber team.

hey Herms butt boy;

Parcells drafted Chad, ,freakin Herm would have had Quincy Carter,,

Herm was a idiot,, and he is proving his mental abilities in KC by dedicking the KC offense

Alas. The last of the red hot hermaphrodites.

:yawn:

Fixing the OL.That is the new rallying cry.Do you people actually watch football,or just bitch when thing don't go the way you invision.

The Jets drafted brick and Mangold to fix the OL.All they had to do was allow Katnix or Missant to develop behind Mawae for another yr and allow Adrian Jones to continue his development at LT.Last season,the Jets OL with 1st time LT Adrian Jones,OC Pete Kendall,RT Scott Gragg,and Guards Moore and Goodwin with frilling Brooks Bollinger at QB threw for over 300 yards against the Dolfins defense.Do you guys remember the last time a Jet offense did that against that defense.

The way the draft fell,we could have had all the players i mentioned above including Mangold if we wanted.We could have gotten a potential LT prospect later in the draft for those who dislike Jones and accomplished both task.

Our Biggest challenge in the AFC East is the Pats,yet drafting after us,they added the RB we needed,the WR we needed and the TE we needed to improve our offense.

People we had a solid draft,near great,but we should have added the talent for this team to be a true contender after this season.Instead we will have to wonder about 2007 and have fans like you tell fans like me how Mangini is changing the culture.

What the Jets and their fans failed to do is 3 things.

1 _ see the past _ Developing players

2 _ Understand the present _ Build around developing players

3 _ See the Future _ Know what's ahead talent wise,and how it fits.

A few yrs ago,the Texicans made the same mistake by taking David Carr over Julius Peppers,and have yet to recover.

Fixing the OL.That is the new rallying cry.Do you people actually watch football,or just bitch when thing don't go the way you invision.

The Jets drafted brick and Mangold to fix the OL.All they had to do was allow Katnix or Missant to develop behind Mawae for another yr and allow Adrian Jones to continue his development at LT.Last season,the Jets OL with 1st time LT Adrian Jones,OC Pete Kendall,RT Scott Gragg,and Guards Moore and Goodwin with frilling Brooks Bollinger at QB threw for over 300 yards against the Dolfins defense.Do you guys remember the last time a Jet offense did that against that defense.

The way the draft fell,we could have had all the players i mentioned above including Mangold if we wanted.We could have gotten a potential LT prospect later in the draft for those who dislike Jones and accomplished both task.

Our Biggest challenge in the AFC East is the Pats,yet drafting after us,they added the RB we needed,the WR we needed and the TE we needed to improve our offense.

People we had a solid draft,near great,but we should have added the talent for this team to be a true contender after this season.Instead we will have to wonder about 2007 and have fans like you tell fans like me how Mangini is changing the culture.

What the Jets and their fans failed to do is 3 things.

1 _ see the past _ Developing players

2 _ Understand the present _ Build around developing players

3 _ See the Future _ Know what's ahead talent wise,and how it fits.

A few yrs ago,the Texicans made the same mistake by taking David Carr over Julius Peppers,and have yet to recover.

u r delusional..

we had crap on our team,,

plus they werent smart enough to learn Belly ball,,thats the biggest problem,,

we need smart players now, but all herm brought in were idiots like himself

hey Herms butt boy;

Parcells drafted Chad, ,freakin Herm would have had Quincy Carter,,

Herm was a idiot,, and he is proving his mental abilities in KC by dedicking the KC offense

Listen folks,let's not turn this into yet another Herman Edwards Thread.This Thread is about what the Jets did in the draft,and the consequences it may have towards next yrs draft.

I like Herm,he quit on my team you guys hated him,f**K him.

Let's talk football.

Listen folks,let's not turn this into yet another Herman Edwards Thread.This Thread is about what the Jets did in the draft,and the consequences it may have towards next yrs draft.

I like Herm,he quit on my team you guys hated him,f**K him.

Let's talk football.

Oh, by the way. I don't use vaseline, I'm an aloe vera kinda guy. \:D/

Either you want a little attention or you forget how poor the OL performed last year.

The Jets addressed their OL problems AND got their projected QB of the future in this past draft. Every time I hear someone question those results I just don't understand the argument.

In the next off season in which we are projected to be well under CAP or via the draft we can look at WR's and RB's who are always available and are the easiest position to step right in and produce.

As expected some fans didn't even let this new Staff/FO get through the pre season without questioning its direction.

Either you want a little attention or you forget how poor the OL performed last year.

The Jets addressed their OL problems AND got their projected QB of the future in this past draft. Every time I hear someone question those results I just don't understand the argument.

In the next off season in which we are projected to be well under CAP or via the draft we can look at WR's and RB's who are always available and are the easiest position to step right in and produce.

As expected some fans didn't even let this new Staff/FO get through the pre season without questioning its direction.

I agree 100%. How can you question last years draft at all? If we grabbed Cutler or Leinart do you think they would look any good behind an O Line without Brick and Mangold?

I agree 100%. How can you question last years draft at all? If we grabbed Cutler or Leinart do you think they would look any good behind an O Line without Brick and Mangold?

Herm left a few Pods in Hempstead and they have sprouted jensen and Tinstar ;)

Cutler may turn into a real good QB as well as Leinart- I withhold my opinion on both at this time-but why are some people saying we made a mistake not drafting them when they have played only in meaningless exhibition games- say i told you so after they have completed some real NFL games

I have no problem with the new staff

I don't even have a big problem with the players we took in the draft

My only question was what if the Jets had drafted Jay Cutler,then Maroney,then Chad Jackson.Hell,I would even go as far as giving the Jets either Brick at 4,or Mangold at 22 or what ever it was.If we drafted that way,then next yr,we could either take Adrian Peterson if we didn't take Maroney or we could take Joe Thomas provided he's 100% recovered from his Knee injury.

The Jets are either rebuilding or they're looking to win as much as they can now and challenge for the playoffs.If we're rebuilding,why are we taking on the salary of Kevin Barlow.

How has Chad and Clemens looked.

What you people fail to consider is the cap ramifications.You use big money on QBs,RBs,OLT,CBs,34 defense OLBers who can play equally well in the 43 defense or 43 defensive ends who can play equally well in a 34 scheme.

We have right now only 1 of these players,and it's Brick,and that's only if he develops as expected.

If Clemens develops,then we don't have to take Brady Quinn and Instead we can look at Peterson.

Which is the Better OL

Adrian Jones/

Brandon Moore

Kevin Mawae/Missant/Katnik

Pete Kendall

Anthony Clements

Or

Brick ferguson

Brandon Moore

Nick Mangold/Trey Teague

Pete Kendall

Anthony Clements/

I don't know Tin but right now I think we had a pretty good draft and if your original question was would Denver trade Cutler? Never- but bottom line, it doesn't matter who you have back there behind center if he's gonna keep getting hurt-look at last year and you're old enough to remember how bad it sucked when Namath would get hurt and what it would do to our season-gotta protect the main guy first and foremost or the season's over...

I don't know Tin but right now I think we had a pretty good draft and if your original question was would Denver trade Cutler? Never- but bottom line, it doesn't matter who you have back there behind center if he's gonna keep getting hurt-look at last year and you're old enough to remember how bad it sucked when Namath would get hurt and what it would do to our season-gotta protect the main guy first and foremost or the season's over...

Last yr we lost Chad because Fabini who everyone knew was a bad LT got beaten like a drum by some no name DE.We lost Fielder on a freak injury,after the guy completed a pass on a rollout.

What made things worst on our OL was we lost the heart and soul of that Line when Kevin mawae went down.Jones was playing LT after practicing mostly at RT.Kendall was now the OC and we had Goodwin playing guard.Yes,the OL was terrible.It would not have been terrible this season,because Mawae would have been back in the middle with Kendall and Moore right were they are now and Clements at RT just like he is now.Adrian Jones would have had all the reps at LT or Brick would be the LT just like he is now.The OL i just described is better than the one we have presently.

"Adrian Jones/

Brandon Moore

Pete Kendall

Anthony Clements

Or

Brick ferguson

Brandon Moore

Nick Mangold/Trey Teague

Pete Kendall

Anthony Clements"

This is a joke, right? the 2005 Jets OL SUCKED. There's no point to having skill position guys if nobody can block for them. Which is how you get your top 2 QBs injured in the same game.

Can we stop this rampant man love for Adrian Jones? He's Adrian Freaking Jones, not Joe Jacoby's spawn. And he's not very good.And between salary, age and attitude, Mawae was done here. And I had his jersey, so I thought a lot of him.

there was also the factor that Mawae was starting to be seen as a locker-room distraction and add to that (and I know it's not a Herm thread) the reports of our guys being overweight-when fat guys get even MORE overweight they get slower

"Adrian Jones/

Brandon Moore

Pete Kendall

Anthony Clements

Or

Brick ferguson

Brandon Moore

Nick Mangold/Trey Teague

Pete Kendall

Anthony Clements"

This is a joke, right? the 2005 Jets OL SUCKED. There's no point to having skill position guys if nobody can block for them. Which is how you get your top 2 QBs injured in the same game.

Can we stop this rampant man love for Adrian Jones? He's Adrian Freaking Jones, not Joe Jacoby's spawn. And he's not very good.And between salary, age and attitude, Mawae was done here. And I had his jersey, so I thought a lot of him.

Look i realize that your anger is making it hard to rationalize anything.What is Kevin mawae's current cap hit on the Jets.The guy was in his final yr,and he's still one of the best OC in the NFL.By the way,I never liked Mawae since the way he treated Al Groh.Also,you don't care for Jones,fine,then go ahead and draft Ferguson,he fits.

Is it so hard to understand how we could have added one of the 2 OL we got,either Jay Cutler by trading away the 2 3rd round picks we wasted on the boar Hunter and yet another slow footed safety.Or drafted the RB we so desperately needed and the speedy big WR we also needed that the NE Patriots now have.

there was also the factor that Mawae was starting to be seen as a locker-room distraction and add to that (and I know it's not a Herm thread) the reports of our guys being overweight-when fat guys get even MORE overweight they get slower

1 _ Herm ain't the HC

2 _ Mangini's camp would have taken care of the soposed fat guys

3 _ We just traded for Kevin Barlow who called his former HC Hitler

For 1 yr,Mangini could have dealt with Kevin Mawae.They'er far worst players in the league with far less talent.

We have Kellen Clemens, they have Jay Cutler. Both QB's are the future of the franchises.

And the Cardinals have Matt Leinart. You don't turn your back on the most prolific QB in recent NCAA history to take a project later on. The sad thing is that they would have had him without surrendering any draft picks.

Accountability. Why does Tangini get a pass for their drafting prowress? They should be accountable for every move they make.

And the Cardinals have Matt Leinart. You don't turn your back on the most prolific QB in recent NCAA history to take a project later on. The sad thing is that they would have had him without surrendering any draft picks.

Accountability. Why does Tangini get a pass for their drafting prowress? They should be accountable for every move they make.

Don't you ruin my thread .Keep it to the draft like you just did and i will appreciate it .

Archived