Quinn would look good in green

CoachTsurfing

Listen I know the Jets haven't played one down of football in games that count yet, but the way things are going the Jets will be in position to be in the top three picks in next years draft. I know we took Clemens in the second round, but who thinks if Quinn is available the Jets will take him??? If Quinn has another good year like last year I think the Jets pull the trigger and Clemens becomes trade fodder or a back-up while he is here in N.Y. Thoughts???:confused:

First, I think the Jets will not have one of the top three picks in the draft.

But even if they did, I think that sitting here tonite, without the benefit of having seen the 2006 season occur, they'd take Peterson.

So that assumes that Peterson has a season worthy of being a top three pick, and that Clemens shows enough by the end of the year to merit consideration as next year's starter.

That's what I think.

I hope you are right about the Jets not being in the top three. But, if the Jets they need an impact player on the offense. Either a RB or QB. The Jets also need a face for the franchise and Quinn could be that face. Especially if Clemens gets into games and falls down or doesn't get in at all. Kind of like Phillip Rivers almost had happen to him. I really believe had Brees not been hurt it would have been Rivers starting some where else and Brees still a Charger.

I think we're being way to quick to underestimate clemons here. I saw the thread about shoulda got cutler cause look how he's doing in denver.Pretty much any qb or rb excels cause of their system & front line

I likw what jaws had to say about our choice & we got some solid ol guys. Nothing wrong with our 06 draft. Lets give this offense a chance to gel for a year & see how clemons develops next year.

I hope you are right about the Jets not being in the top three. But, if the Jets they need an impact player on the offense. Either a RB or QB. The Jets also need a face for the franchise and Quinn could be that face. Especially if Clemens gets into games and falls down or doesn't get in at all. Kind of like Phillip Rivers almost had happen to him. I really believe had Brees not been hurt it would have been Rivers starting some where else and Brees still a Charger.

dont wanna spoil your wet dream but theres noway quinn is drafted by us,and btw the last time quinn wore green he got lucky and almost beat USC.

defense face of the jet:vilma

offense face of the jets: our first round pick next year wether it be a RB or WR

I think we're being way to quick to underestimate clemons here. I saw the thread about shoulda got cutler cause look how he's doing in denver.Pretty much any qb or rb excels cause of their system & front line

I likw what jaws had to say about our choice & we got some solid ol guys. Nothing wrong with our 06 draft. Lets give this offense a chance to gel for a year & see how clemons develops next year.

Man, i totally agree with that assessment.

Tom Brady was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (199th overall) of the 2000 NFL draft. His first season he was 1-3 for 6 yards.

Can we give clemens at least a year before deciding to draft another QB?

But there is a difference between Clemens and Brady. Even before knowing Brady would be a decent QB he had the physical attributes needed to play the position. Sorry but Clemens is only 6' tall (ignore those 6'2 or so claims) which is a problem for most at that position. Brett Farve is only 6'2 true, but the Farves

Eh.. Wrong.

Kellen Clemens is not the answer. Neither is Ramsey and unfortunately Chad Pennington is done. We need a QB. I'll be fine with taking Peterson or Michael Bush but we still need to get a QB somewhere. Quinn would be nice though.

And what if Quinn sucks? Another wasted year. You can go with a lot of what ifs. What if Vince Young becomes a hall of famer? What if Bollinger becomes a hall of famer? Who knows? Just pick the best player that you need when it comes down to it, then coach em up and hope.

If we're picking high enough to take Quinn, I can definitely see us doing it. He's going to be something special.

THAT SAID. I don't think we're bad enough anymore. Sorry to kill your hopes. We'll pick relatively high though. I'm predicting we go for a RB, or if an every-down/playmaker isn't available, maybe someone (DT?) that fits our Defensive scheme a tad better.

Eh.. Wrong.

Kellen Clemens is not the answer. Neither is Ramsey and unfortunately Chad Pennington is done. We need a QB. I'll be fine with taking Peterson or Michael Bush but we still need to get a QB somewhere. Quinn would be nice though.

wrong? you sound more & more like my wife each day;)

ya know what phinsucks, I'm gonna go with mangini & company's gut feeling on this kid til he proves em wrong by playing in a couple actual nfl games thanks. I don't know if he's the answer & it's doubtful anyone who posts here does either, yourself included.

Archived