How bad to we need a WR?

uart

The Eagles told Todd Pinkston (Stinkston) that he could go ahead and seek a trade today. He's coming off of a season-ending injury about this time last year, but he's a fast receiver who averages 15 or so ypc.

So, do we need a WR bad enough to make a trade for him? Who would you give up to get him in Jets Green.

The Eagles told Todd Pinkston (Stinkston) that he could go ahead and seek a trade today. He's coming off of a season-ending injury about this time last year, but he's a fast receiver who averages 15 or so ypc.

So, do we need a WR bad enough to make a trade for him? Who would you give up to get him in Jets Green.

I am okay with the current crop of wideouts. Until the line starts blocking it isn't going to matter much. But Pinkston is not an upgrade for them. Let Cotch start as # 2, JMac as the # 3 and Dwight is right there as well.

Pinkston pass on that guy- I would rather see us use Brad Smith more in the offense than a guy that Philly who was in need of receivers to step up could not help.

faba, I'm with you on this. Having a speedster WR changes the entire game plan for the opposition. None of this 8 men in the box crap...right now, there isn't a starting WR on our team that can go deep...and please, don't anyone mention Coles. When is the last time you saw this guy get behind the defensive backs? Do you realize how much a WR with speed can do for an average core of RB's? It would do wonders. And if you had two flyers? Forget about it. Add to that a pass catching TE....one could only imagine the kind of offense we would have.

But, factor in Pennington's weak arm...could he hit a WR sprinting down the field?

faba, I'm with you on this. Having a speedster WR changes the entire game plan for the opposition. None of this 8 men in the box crap...right now, there isn't a starting WR on our team that can go deep...and please, don't anyone mention Coles. When is the last time you saw this guy get behind the defensive backs? Do you realize how much a WR with speed can do for an average core of RB's? It would do wonders. And if you had two flyers? Forget about it. Add to that a pass catching TE....one could only imagine the kind of offense we would have.

But, factor in Pennington's weak arm...could he hit a WR sprinting down the field?

JetfanFl

Another thing I would look into is getting Leon Washington out of the backfield- get him one on one with a defender in passing situation

Archived