Who woulda thunk it?

Green Jets & Ham

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/stats/BAL/regularseason/HIT-BASIC/yearly

Yep thats some offense. Mets -yanks split season series so as of now Mets = Yanks.

Different team ... Mets caught the decimated version of the Yankees this year

Since the deadline the Yankees have become a much better team, and they Get EVEN BETTER if Matsui and/or Sheffield makes it back

I AGREE, the Mets were every bit as good as the decimated Yankees, but this current Yankee team is substantially better than the Yankees they saw in June

I forgot to mention Jay Gibbons, he's pretty good too. Not to mention every team in the NL would take Kris Benson over their #3 or #4 starter in the playoffs. Lets not forget the Drays either, they have a damn good lineup, 2nd only to the Mets (maybe the Dodgers too) if it was in the NL.

Dont get me started on the bluejays.

Burnett, Lilly, Halladay, Chacin, BJ Ryan + that lineup = homefield advantage in the NL.

yes, and Superman was much better than Spiderman and I believe would kick his butt.

I too, can talk about things that make no sensie in reality.

Different team ... Mets caught the decimated version of the Yankees this year

Since the deadline the Yankees have become a much better team, and they Get EVEN BETTER if Matsui and/or Sheffield makes it back

I AGREE, the Mets were every bit as good as the decimated Yankees, but this current Yankee team is substantially better than the Yankees they saw in June

Ham, I know sometimes even YOU don't believe the thrash that you throw out some time.

ABC may work in the business world, but in the world of reason, it seems a little trite.

Nice try though.

wait a minute

the Yankees had all those injuries, and the Mets split 6 games with them

now the Yankees are clearly improved from the way they played then, while the Mets have stepped down a few notches, and the Mets are still as good a team?

That makes no sense.

wait a minute

the Yankees had all those injuries, and the Mets split 6 games with them

now the Yankees are clearly improved from the way they played then, while the Mets have stepped down a few notches, and the Mets are still as good a team?

That makes no sense.

Alay Soler was in the Mets rotation at the time sport.;)

Can we play the "decimated" card?

I have a question.

Has anyone ever seen JBF and GJH at the same time?

I'm beginning to think that Max hired someone to pretend to be a jackass fan of both the Sox and Yanks.

When the Sox are winning, it's all JBF.

When the Yanks are winning, it's all GJH.

Coincidence? I think not.

I have a question.

Has anyone ever seen JBF and GJH at the same time?

I'm beginning to think that Max hired someone to pretend to be a jackass fan of both the Sox and Yanks.

When the Sox are winning, it's all JBF.

When the Yanks are winning, it's all GJH.

Coincidence? I think not.

It's not a coincidence, it is called bandwagon!

yes, and Superman was much better than Spiderman and I believe would kick his butt.

I too, can talk about things that make no sensie in reality.

The frickin reality is the Orioles have more talent than every team in the NL aside from the dodgers and mets. That is a fact.

And the NL got spanked around in interleague play, showing the difference between the 2 leagues is so large. Factssss.

Ham, I know sometimes even YOU don't believe the thrash that you throw out some time.

ABC may work in the business world, but in the world of reason, it seems a little trite.

Nice try though.

Are you joking? The Yankees are much better now than they were in June.

You're being plain silly. These are facts.

Are you joking? The Yankees are much better now than they were in June.

You're being plain silly. These are facts.

You know what's silly Barton, Yankee fans crying because they had injuries. Yankee fans crying because they felt that in somehow, in some way, the level of talent was brought close (of course with 8o million excess $$ that is impossible) to the rest of the league.

Yankee fans wanting to play the underdog-extremely funny. Yankee fans moaning about injuries THAT HAPPEN TO ALL TEAMS. Barton-check out what the Dodgers went through. They had more players go down than the Yankees.

They don't give out purple hearts in baseball, Barton. You play the games. The Yankees, if their starting 9 in some way averages less than 150 million in season salary, they still play the game. We know, it is very difficult for teh Yankees to have to endure tragedies such as these. But hey, why cry when you can cover mistakes and injuries with more money. No big deal.

And your retort is goingf to be "hey, the Mets spend money" I KNOW. And it is a terrible system and not fair. BUT, I don't sit around here moaning when things go bad with teh Mets, or try and pretend that in some manner luck has betrayed my team when they have every advantage known in baseball. The Yankees have that x 2. And to sit here and moan, and then to sit here and pretend like they accomplished some sort of miracle by winning a division (soon), is pure folly.

And for you and Blackout, who I can only assume are fantasy baseball and video game zombies, based on some of the baseball comments you make like "If so and so played here and this team was in this division" and purport your statements as some kind of facts well, CHILDREN GROW UP. You can't do that. This is not fantasy. This is not video X-box.

Barton, you had seemed to gather some type of post(?) pubescent maturity and understanding of grown up subjects. But these things I hear from you today I question that (Having lunch at the 5th grade table, maybe?). Blackout? I know he is not grounded in any type of reality, because with him it's "If it's not pinstripes, it cant be good." Which is fine if you want to be 15 your whole life.

You know what's silly Barton, Yankee fans crying because they had injuries. Yankee fans crying because they felt that in somehow, in some way, the level of talent was brought close (of course with 8o million excess $$ that is impossible) to the rest of the league.

Yankee fans wanting to play the underdog-extremely funny. Yankee fans moaning about injuries THAT HAPPEN TO ALL TEAMS. Barton-check out what the Dodgers went through. They had more players go down than the Yankees.

They don't give out purple hearts in baseball, Barton. You play the games. The Yankees, if their starting 9 in some way averages less than 150 million in season salary, they still play the game. We know, it is very difficult for teh Yankees to have to endure tragedies such as these. But hey, why cry when you can cover mistakes and injuries with more money. No big deal.

And your retort is goingf to be "hey, the Mets spend money" I KNOW. And it is a terrible system and not fair. BUT, I don't sit around here moaning when things go bad with teh Mets, or try and pretend that in some manner luck has betrayed my team when they have every advantage known in baseball. The Yankees have that x 2. And to sit here and moan, and then to sit here and pretend like they accomplished some sort of miracle by winning a division (soon), is pure folly.

And for you and Blackout, who I can only assume are fantasy baseball and video game zombies, based on some of the baseball comments you make like "If so and so played here and this team was in this division" and purport your statements as some kind of facts well, CHILDREN GROW UP. You can't do that. This is not fantasy. This is not video X-box.

Barton, you had seemed to gather some type of post(?) pubescent maturity and understanding of grown up subjects. But these things I hear from you today I question that (Having lunch at the 5th grade table, maybe?). Blackout? I know he is not grounded in any type of reality, because with him it's "If it's not pinstripes, it cant be good." Which is fine if you want to be 15 your whole life.

Show me 1 frickin post where a Yankee fan complained about the injuries.

We merely stated that despite losing Sheffield, Matsui, as well as injuries to (every single player on the roster missing games), Damon with a broken bone in his foot, Cano out for 6 weeks, Pavano, Sturtze etc etc.

We are just stating the facts! The last thing Yankee fans want is a special ribbon about how we won the AL East with these injuries. But for opposing fans to not acknowledge these injuries as serious because of payroll, is stupid and blind.

No Yankee fans were moaning over the injuries. You see crazycarl and pfiskh telling us about all the red sox injuries? And they're right. They've had it tuff recently, but so have the Yankees when the sox were healthy. Nobody is telling sox fans to stfu and stop whining. They arent whining. They are just stating the facts, which is what Yankee fans were doing.

But because it was Yankee fans, mets and sox fans had to twist it and say we shouldnt whine because we have a 200 mill payroll. Hello, we werent whining!

Show me 1 frickin post where a Yankee fan complained about the injuries.

We merely stated that despite losing Sheffield, Matsui, as well as injuries to (every single player on the roster missing games), Damon with a broken bone in his foot, Cano out for 6 weeks, Pavano, Sturtze etc etc.

We are just stating the facts! The last thing Yankee fans want is a special ribbon about how we won the AL East with these injuries. But for opposing fans to not acknowledge these injuries as serious because of payroll, is stupid and blind.

No Yankee fans were moaning over the injuries. You see crazycarl and pfiskh telling us about all the red sox injuries? And they're right. They've had it tuff recently, but so have the Yankees when the sox were healthy. Nobody is telling sox fans to stfu and stop whining. They arent whining. They are just stating the facts, which is what Yankee fans were doing.

But because it was Yankee fans, mets and sox fans had to twist it and say we shouldnt whine because we have a 200 mill payroll. Hello, we werent whining!

See any HAM post.

But congrats are certainly called for.

Not only did the Yankees overcome these injuries but even more impressive, they somehow held off your Baltimore Orioles.

Archived