Offense vs. Giants

LionelRichie

just watched the 1st half of the giant game last night on NFL network and didn't think the offense was nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

it looked like schottenheimer was running the same pass plays that jetcane described in practice that week - double moves and 3-step drops. all of the jet plays were 1 on 1's. there were really no combination routes designed to attack a specific matchup or specific area of the defense. there is no way that this is the real jet offense, all this was were basic routes and basic route progressions.

i also thought the line looked decent - both in pass protection and running the ball. the biggest problem against the giants were dumb penalties and lousy field position.

just watched the 1st half of the giant game last night on NFL network and didn't think the offense was nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

it looked like schottenheimer was running the same pass plays that jetcane described in practice that week - double moves and 3-step drops. all of the jet plays were 1 on 1's. there were really no combination routes designed to attack a specific matchup or specific area of the defense. there is no way that this is the real jet offense, all this was were basic routes and basic route progressions.

i also thought the line looked decent - both in pass protection and running the ball. the biggest problem against the giants were dumb penalties and lousy field position.

thank you fo block. I was impressed with blaylocks running. sure we were inconsistent & penalties etc but I thought we executed pretty well on many plays. penny's ball was thrown hard when arrington got a hand on it & knocked it down.

I like to take the optimistic view also but the bottom line is no points scored so the production was not there.

yeah but per the old regimes standards of solid productive football, we kicked the ball on 4th down;)

I agree with the no points but we were able to move the ball.

yeah but per the old regimes standards of solid productive football, we kicked the ball on 4th down;)

I agree with the no points but we were able to move the ball.

Moving the ball is not enough. Points is what it is all about. We had none. That's the bottom line.

It is true that the cohesivness seemed to be there, and I agree that the playcalling was bent towards very basic.

:confused: But still, no points?:confused:

Archived