Satellite Radio-Which Do I Choose?

MiamiJet

Hey guys, I know I've been away from the board for a bit, but I've been pretty busy at work.

I have a serious question. Which service is better, Sirius or XM? :lol:

I understand that Sirius has the NFL broadcasts, so I'm leaning towards them, but everything else seems prety similar. I'm just not sure which one to choose.

Also, from what I've gathered shopping around, what should I look to buy and/or avoid? How much installation is involved? My current car radio is fairly new(3 years old), yet the faceplate buttons are worn out, to the point I almost tossed the damn thing coming in to work today. The thing goes haywire, with the volume spiking up or lowering on its own.

What is the best unit to buy? How is the signal? Do I have to buy any special equipment?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There are tons of sites. I would recommend going to a retailer picking out a model or two in your price range and then search the web for reviews on that model. Otherwise it will be information OVERLOAD.

Personally I am going www.sirius.com eventually because of Stern and the NFL!

I have sirius.

Aside from NFL and Stern, the music they play is more mainstream, the "hits" from bands/singers. I've heard that XM plays more obscure stuff.

Both tend to repeat the songs. If you keep it on one particular station, you may hear the same song 3 times in one day.

There are tons of sites. I would recommend going to a retailer picking out a model or two in your price range and then search the web for reviews on that model. Otherwise it will be information OVERLOAD.

Personally I am going www.sirius.com eventually because of Stern and the NFL!

do you have satelite(direct tv)???

if so whats the point of getting sirius for nfl????

unless you work on sun. otherwise watching it on tv is better than listening to it....

do you have satelite(direct tv)???

if so whats the point of getting sirius for nfl????

unless you work on sun. otherwise watching it on tv is better than listening to it....

SP they don't just broadcast games. They have an NFL channel that has talk shows all day long. It's a really good station.

Thanks guys(and Gal), good stuff.

I'm still not sure which one to select, but you gave me some good ideas.

Why would you want to abandoned completely commercialized and overhyped, ridiculously filled with advertisements terrestrial radio for CD quality sound, little or no commercials and contect 100 times better? :shock::shock::D

Why would you want to abandoned completely commercialized and overhyped, ridiculously filled with advertisements terrestrial radio for CD quality sound, little or no commercials and contect 100 times better? :shock::shock::D

So old timers like myself can listen to classics like Audio Two in peace..... :D

The chances that I'd actually get to hear it on local radio are slim and none [-X[-o<

do you have satelite(direct tv)??? if so whats the point of getting sirius for nfl???? unless you work on sun. otherwise watching it on tv is better than listening to it....

I have cable, no DTV. I go to half the games and watch the Jets the other weeks anyway so I couldn't see spending the extra money on DTV. Have a lot of connections in my house, so DTV would be much more expensive.

I have cable, no DTV. I go to half the games and watch the Jets the other weeks anyway so I couldn't see spending the extra money on DTV. Have a lot of connections in my house, so DTV would be much more expensive.

gotcha...

Archived