Future and present

puertorricanjet

I know folks are going to say is too early to talk 07 needs, but is clearly to me what our shortfalls are. I prioritize like most of you the running games on both ends. There will be several options next year, and of course, the one I prefer is Michael Bush as our 1st pick. Please, and all of you that keep praising B. Quinn, get off it! We are set at QB for the future. With CP emerging as a super QB, this will buy us time for KC. Now, the future draft should focus on the following: 1# RB, 2# DT, 3# DE (PASS Rusher), 4# TE. Now, the following are a list of free agents of interest.

1. Jared Allen, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs

The top defensive lineman that will see the market, Allen, has posted totals of 9 and 11 in the sack department over the past two seasons. The Chiefs will do everything in their power to keep him, but teams on the outside looking in could see Allen as a free agent must. He

OL: Two of Cincy's OLmen (LT Levi Jones / LG Eric Steinbach) are UFA's after this season. They may not re-sign Jones after drafting Whitworth in '06.

DE: Cory Redding is a young UFA & at 290 lbs is big enough to play in a 3-4.

Didn't notice any mauler RT's or true NT's. Holiday's lighter than both of our DE's.

did cj mosley play at all this week? anyone hear anything about him? i was hoping he and moore would really help out at nt. im hoping mangini can turn moore into something special. he definitely has the size.

if the draft were held tomorrow i would definitely be looking at more offensive lineman.

OL: Two of Cincy's OLmen (LT Levi Jones / LG Eric Steinbach) are UFA's after this season. They may not re-sign Jones after drafting Whitworth in '06.

DE: Cory Redding is a young UFA & at 290 lbs is big enough to play in a 3-4.

Didn't notice any mauler RT's or true NT's. Holiday's lighter than both of our DE's.

Eric Steinbach is a beast. I'd love to have him on the Jets.

I doubt they'd let Jones walk tho, he's a solid LT, and thats important.

I think I saw Whitworth playing LG yesterday vs the browns, Steinbach was at LT.

We need a playmaker OLB on defense. Thomas is nice and we should try to resign him as he is a UFA. But we need a guy in the Demarcus Ware mold. Someone who can get pressure from the edge, hold up against the run and play coverage. On OL I think we could use a mauler type OG Olivea would be perfect is the price is right.

Eric Steinbach is a beast. I'd love to have him on the Jets.

I doubt they'd let Jones walk tho, he's a solid LT, and thats important.

I think I saw Whitworth playing LG yesterday vs the browns, Steinbach was at LT.

Interesting.

I don't follow Cincy that close at all. Only saw that on their depth chart it has Steinbach listed as a guard, Jones at LT, and Whitworth as their backup LT.

Archived