Bitonti, R44, other Draftniks: A ?

Preston Howley III

it's ironic you are starting this thread

last night right before my head hit the pillow

it came to me as if in a vision

the annual December post when i read Bradway's mind... a little early this year

if you want to replace Abraham

who is better for that job than MOSES???

Quentin Moses DE Georgia.

t1_moses_getty.jpg

LET MY PEOPLE GO!

Other Senior 3-4 Pass Rushers I like:

DE LaMarr Woodley, Michigan (#56)

DE Bryan Robison, Texas

It's hard to say for sure until the juniors declare what the crop will look like - but i know there's a-lot of posters would enjoy buying a Jets jersey with "MOSES" on the back

he's started the year very cold - underperforming and injured

I was at that Florida State game Bit. Gaines was the best player on the field last saturday

Gaines had a slight shoulder seperation that was not reported

But you can see him gettting bettter....especially at Florida state...he had 3.5 sacks against Weatherford......and was back wreaking havoc.

He was better than Buster Davis, and that says alot!!!

Gaines Adams is widely adored by the media -- Kiper gives him a top 5 projection (overall)...

However, Adams admitted publicly that N.F.L. scouts handed him a 4th round projection after the 2005 season, so he decided to stay in school :Nuts:

OLB possibilities:

Brian Robison ~ Texas -- Extremely gifted dual-sport athlete (muscle track sports --shotput, ect.), who scouts love -- great leaper, blocks several kicks per season....Off the charts athletically, according to some, but few really know about him....Sort of a Mike Vrabel clone?

Quentin Moses -- Already mentioned above.....Great, undersized DE, so switch to OLB is possible...maybe even likely?

Jay Moore ~ Nebraska --Maybe a more gifted version of Trevor Johnson?Played real well against U.S.C -- as did the entire Huskers' front 7.

LaMarr Woodley Michigan -- Sort of smallish DE.....Doesn't look the part of great DE (little short and squat), but is amazingly productive.

Brian Smith ~ Missouri --Is a DE right now, but projects a OLB in the N.F.L....Tigers all-time leading sack master!

D-Line:

Baraka Atkins ~ Miami -- DE/DT tweener is an ideal 3-4 DE? Good prospect, perhaps not a great prospect.

Adam Carriker: DE that weighs close to 300 pounds, but still looks skinny....An absolute monster, physically...Likely 1st round pick? Would be a DE in the 3-4 defense.

DT Ben Seigert ~ Oregon State ---Not a great prospect, but he was once suspended from the team for kidnapping a "gay ram" from a O.S.U. lab.....he was also charged with D.W.I that night....the ram was part of an experiment on homosexuality in animals :rl:

As far as the "fat cats" (nose tackles), that's Bitonti's line of expertise :P

How about Howie Longs son who's a junior at Virginia? He looks like he could be a 3-4 Dend with his size, and he moves well for his size. Chuck Long is his name I think, I saw him play some last year and last night.

I've heard of Moses, but havent seen him play yet, I'll keep an eye on him.

But I did see alittle of Gaines Adams this year, he has a very good 1st step off the ball, and has very long arms (or it just seems that way?), so he could be a good fit at 3-4 OLB. He knows how to get to the QB.

Lamar Woodley from Michigan is a football player, plain and simple. Seems alittle fat though.

lamarr woodley would be great in our system as an olb in the 3-4 and de in the 4-3. he is not the greatest athlete in the world like some of the other hybrids that have come out recently, but he is 270 lbs, moves well, has experience in both of those positions and is known as a "high character" guy and a hard worker.

as for nose tackles, this year will be really weak even if a few juniors come out. okam might be ok, and maybe branch from michigan? but i don't know much about him...

How about Howie Longs son who's a junior at Virginia? He looks like he could be a 3-4 Dend with his size, and he moves well for his size. Chuck Long is his name I think, I saw him play some last year and last night.

I've heard of Moses, but havent seen him play yet, I'll keep an eye on him.

But I did see alittle of Gaines Adams this year, he has a very good 1st step off the ball, and has very long arms (or it just seems that way?), so he could be a good fit at 3-4 OLB. He knows how to get to the QB.

Lamar Woodley from Michigan is a football player, plain and simple. Seems alittle fat though.

Great point on Chris Long, E.B.....I thought about that, too, Thursday night -- him being perfect as a Jets type D.E.....

He's a true junior, and with Howie's money in his pocket, he doesn't need to come out early ...nor would it be football wise -- he's not ready.

Real good player/great athlete for his size -- was a tremendous dunker in high school b-ball..........He's really the only experienced athlete Virginia has on their D-line, so he's constantly double or triple teamed in the 3 man front....but still always gets in the backfield.

If he played for a school like Ohio State or U.S.C., he'd get like 10 sacks per season.

I was just sent this link of a highlight tape.

This kid is now a senior in h.s., so most of the plays happened in his jr and soph years, against Fla h.s. teams, which isnt too shabby.

What you think?

http://media.putfile.com/Noel--Devine--Hurricane--remix--7adot5

Did any of you take a minute to watch this clip?

Major college coaches all over the country are salivating over this guy.

He could be a phenom, a Lebron, a Valenzuela, a Shaq...

Did any of you take a minute to watch this clip?

Major college coaches all over the country are salivating over this guy.

He could be a phenom, a Lebron, a Valenzuela, a Shaq...

High School RB is probably the easiest position to stand out in, but yeah he's got some moxy (moxy is my big word, now).

I've been meaning to tell Bitonti that he should expand Draft Daddy to include exclusive coverage of Florida HS football, that way the site can have a source bank and a chronology of exclusive players, all the way back to HS.

I don't think any other web site offers that kind of information.

High School RB is probably the easiest position to stand out in, but yeah he's got some moxy (moxy is my big word, now).

Maybe so, JetMo, but a couple of guys I know who watch a LOT of HS ball say they havent seen a highlights clip like that in a long, long time.

It is one thing to be head and shoulders above the pack, but this guy looks to have his entire torso above the competition.

We need a big fatty in the middle. THe DE job is much easier when you have to double team the nose tackle. Also gives you more freedom to blitz the LB's and keep the ol guessing where the pressure will come from.

My vote for the draft next year on a taking best player availale basis.

Running back

Big fatty nose tackle

WR with speed (and hands - no johnny lam jones please)

Godzilla type olb

We need a big fatty in the middle. THe DE job is much easier when you have to double team the nose tackle. Also gives you more freedom to blitz the LB's and keep the ol guessing where the pressure will come from.

My vote for the draft next year on a taking best player availale basis.

Running back

Big fatty nose tackle

WR with speed (and hands - no johnny lam jones please)

Godzilla type olb

How about a run blocking (Dwaye White) guard? I'd take one over a wr right now or a godzilla type olb-since godzilla comes with an early pick. With later picks you end up with mothra.

when you look at the pats, they don't have any big time pass rushing DE but they do have some converted DE OLB such as vrabel and when they do blitz make an impact. I see Quentin Moses, LaMarr Woodley, Gaines Adams as the best three in that role in the country.

Archived