I swear

Barton

not to harp on this game or anything, but I swear that Coles had an easy lane right to the endzone on the left sideline on that last play. He had 3 blockers and 2 white shirts that were about to get creamed by blockers, and there were about 3 white shirts in the middle of the field and 2 on the right sideline that were completely out of the play.

Did anyone at the game see this? I know it all happened so fast if you were there, but f#ck I think he could have ran that sh#t in!

not to harp on this game or anything, but I swear that Coles had an easy lane right to the endzone on the left sideline on that last play. He had 3 blockers and 2 white shirts that were about to get creamed by blockers, and there were about 3 white shirts in the middle of the field and 2 on the right sideline that were completely out of the play.

Did anyone at the game see this? I know it all happened so fast if you were there, but f#ck I think he could have ran that sh#t in!

I thought the same thing but who knows what he saw that we couldn't see on the screen. I just know that when he got the ball and I saw the blockers in front of him I was sure he was going to get in. Guess not.

Thank you! for bringing this up.

I saw it as well (on TV), someone who was there would have had a better look, but it looked pretty clear from the top corner of the screen. He might not have made it all the way, but perhaps could have brought it to the 10 yard line or so.

not saying this is a definative answer...but every replay they showed throughout the day of that play, each time atleast one commentator commented that coles would have made it if he kept running, with all those blockers

It was coming right towards my endzone and I can tell you there would be no way unless Coles pulled off a miracle run x2 or 3 that he did against New England 3 weeks ago breaking all those tackles for him to get in the endzone. He did the right thing by lateralling the ball back when he did.

The play was scripted and designed to pull the colts towards that side of the field, you could see Coles stop dead to get it to Pennington so he could throw it all the way across the field. The hope was that McCareins would have been alone on that side of the field. You could see that once McCareins had the ball and had defenders in front of him all hell broke loose and the play became chaotic. Whether Coles would have made it is another story.

Archived