Arod has no value huh?

madmike1

You guys should read the west coast forums. Padre and Angel fans are salivating at the thought of Krod being available and want him at any cost. The hatred I and many Yankee fans have is not shared by other fans. They see him as being overwhelmed by NY and the expectations here. It will be an interesting situation.

You guys should read the west coast forums. Padre and Angel fans are salivating at the thought of Krod being available and want him at any cost. The hatred I and many Yankee fans have is not shared by other fans. They see him as being overwhelmed by NY and the expectations here. It will be an interesting situation.

well thats messgae board fans, ,hopefully the GMs running those teams know a turd when they smell one

well thats messgae board fans, ,hopefully the GMs running those teams know a turd when they smell one

Arod in San Diego will sellout Petco all year long. They weren't able to do that this year. He is owned 64 million over 4 years. Give us Peavy and Hensley they have a deal !

Barton-Abreu had worn out his welcome in Philly, the fans were all over and questioned his heart. He also had a huge salary attched to him.

Tell me where the Arod situation is different.

1. The Yankees dont have to trade Arod

2. He's a SHORTSTOP. Thats a premium position. He's a great shortstop.

3. He'll put up far better produiction than Abreu

4. He'll put more asses in the seats than Abreu

No comparison, scott. That, and the Abreu deal was midseason. If they waited till now to trade him, they would have gotten more most likely.

You can find corner OFers with good production like Abreu in free agency, even better production actually.

You wont find better production from a SS than Alex Rodriguez would provide.

No comparison.

I think A-Rod has to go for his on own sanity.

For most players the offensive numbers A-Rod put up this year would be considered a great year for probably 75% of all Major Leaguers.

He just doesn't have the stomach to play here.

He wouldn't be the first to fail here and he won't be the last.

Guys like Bobby Bonilla who is probably the Mets version of A-Rod back in the early 90's could never do anything right in Mets fans eyes. He went on after his stay in Queens to have a good career.

Laugh at Kenny Rogers all you want but since he left he has been able to put together 17 and 18 win seasons.

The point is is that New York eats alot of people alive but it also has its survivors.

That being said...

If the Yankees decide to move there is no doubt there would be a market for him.

You can't sit there and tell me that a team like the Houston Astros with all their hitting woes wouldn't be willing to deal for A-Rod.

1) They probably would be able to get him for less than equal value

2) They might be able to attach a high salary guy if the Yanks want prospects.

I think it all depends on what the Yankees would be looking for.

Archived