A note on Barlow from Sperm's articles

JetCane

"Barlow, though, is a number of other things to Martin, the NFL's fourth-leading all-time rusher.

He's a huge fan of Martin, having grown up one neighborhood from Martin in Pittsburgh, idolized him and followed his path to the NFL, through the University of Pittsburgh and then the NFL draft.

Barlow, six years younger than Martin, revealed that he calls Martin after every game seeking feedback.

"I call him to ask what he saw or if I could do something else," Barlow said. "I try to absorb as much as I can from him. I try to ask as much as I can. Fourth all-time leading rusher? Yeah, I try to listen to the man.

"I emulated Curt coming up. That was, like, my hero."

Now that Martin is eligible to practice and come off the physically unable to perform list, Barlow wants to be able to get that feedback much more immediately, like on the sideline during games.

_________

Although Kevan has not performed up to some of our lofty expectations, he has not caused any trouble, has not had a bad attitude, and it seems he is comfortable under CM's wing. For those who didnt think CM would be a good influence on him, it looks to be otherwise.

I wish I'd get to see him break a couple of tackles once in a while-I still think our 2 best backs are Houston and Washington and I believe the coaches know it too-I hope Cedric is healthy this week against Detroit-we need his production

Archived