Wait 'til next year!

JetCane

I admit that some seasons I am more into it than others. Sometimes that has to do with other stuff going on in my life. I have seen the Mets play every year since they came into existence. It hasnt always been good. But when I watched the Mets play back in April, I KNEW this was a special team, and more importantly, that this was a good baseball team. So, I purposely set aside the time to watch more Met games this year than I have in a while. And it was well worth the time and energy I invested in this team.

They were a lot of fun to watch this season. They play the game much as their manager did: smart, heads-up, hustling, no wasted motion, skilled baseball.

Thank you Willie, thank you Omar, and thank you NY Mets.

P.S. In 1968, the Tigers played the Cards in the WS. The next year, the Mets won it all.

I admit that some seasons I am more into it than others. Sometimes that has to do with other stuff going on in my life. I have seen the Mets play every year since they came into existence. It hasnt always been good. But when I watched the Mets play back in April, I KNEW this was a special team, and more importantly, that this was a good baseball team. So, I purposely set aside the time to watch more Met games this year than I have in a while. And it was well worth the time and energy I invested in this team.

They were a lot of fun to watch this season. They play the game much as their manager did: smart, heads-up, hustling, no wasted motion, skilled baseball.

P.S. In 1968, the Tigers played the Cards in the WS. The next year, the Mets won it all.

nice post JC. Thsi was a fun team. In 200, even though I rooted for them, it was not a fun team.

And recent editions, were unwatchable as well. It is fun seeing a nucleus come together

nice post JC. Thsi was a fun team. In 200, even though I rooted for them, it was not a fun team.

And recent editions, were unwatchable as well. It is fun seeing a nucleus come together

I agree, the 2000 team was not as much fun to watch.

As disappointed as I am today, I recognize it was a terrific season, and I am optimistic about next year.

The 88 seventh game loss to the Dodgers was devastating for me. I felt like I was knocked unconscious after the Jets-Denver game in 98, and the Knicks-Houston loss in 94. Those losses took a lot out of me.

For some reason, this one isnt as bad on the psyche.

Omar on the FAN now.

Giving st loo credit...they pitched great...tips his sombrero to them... suppan pitched great...we pitched better than we thought we would...didnt score the runs we thought we would score...didnt play consistently well...

game 2 we were in command, then lost it...the rainouts affected both teams equally, and took both teams out of synch...we had opportunities but couldnt score...they capitalized on situations more than we did...

he backs WR's decision to let Floyd hit...thinks he did the right thing there...if down one run or tie game, he'd bunt, but not down two runs...take a shot at hitting it in the gap with Floyd...thought they would match up well with the card...thought it was a series they should have won going into the series...thinks some of the young guys on the Mets will perform better in postseason next year...confirms El Duque was lined up to pitch G1 of WS...mentioned how he didnt think the Tigers would beat the Yankers going into that series, based on the regular season, but you never know with the post-season...the Mets are focused on putting a better team on the field in 07...wants Mets fans to be proud of the team...wants to have a first class organization that fans can be proud of...woke up this morning, and first thing he thought of was how do we get better...has already spoken to other GMs today...the goal is to win the WS...thinks its fair to say that Maine and Perez are penciled in as SP for 07...but they still have to earn it next spring...wants a mix of younger and older pitchers in the rotation...

Omar on the FAN now.

Giving st loo credit...they pitched great...tips his sombrero to them... suppan pitched great...we pitched better than we thought we would...didnt score the runs we thought we would score...didnt play consistently well...

game 2 we were in command, then lost it...the rainouts affected both teams equally, and took both teams out of synch...we had opportunities but couldnt score...they capitalized on situations more than we did...

he backs WR's decision to let Floyd hit...thinks he did the right thing there...if down one run or tie game, he'd bunt, but not down two runs...take a shot at hitting it in the gap with Floyd...thought they would match up well with the card...thought it was a series they should have won going into the series...thinks some of the young guys on the Mets will perform better in postseason next year...confirms El Duque was lined up to pitch G1 of WS...mentioned how he didnt think the Tigers would beat the Yankers going into that series, based on the regular season, but you never know with the post-season...the Mets are focused on putting a better team on the field in 07...wants Mets fans to be proud of the team...wants to have a first class organization that fans can be proud of...woke up this morning, and first thing he thought of was how do we get better...has already spoken to other GMs today...the goal is to win the WS...thinks its fair to say that Maine and Perez are penciled in as SP for 07...but they still have to earn it next spring...wants a mix of younger and older pitchers in the rotation...

sounds like willie isnt only thing we got from yanks,, a winning attitude is here as well

Great post JC.

I wasn't born early enough to remember '69 but '86 was a special year and I felt this year was as well. I felt like sh!t leaving the stadium last night, everyone did, but woke up this morning and realized we have a pretty good set of guys on the team right now and the future looks rather bright.

Here's to 2007!

I agree, the 2000 team was not as much fun to watch.

As disappointed as I am today, I recognize it was a terrific season, and I am optimistic about next year.

The 88 seventh game loss to the Dodgers was devastating for me. I felt like I was knocked unconscious after the Jets-Denver game in 98, and the Knicks-Houston loss in 94. Those losses took a lot out of me.

For some reason, this one isnt as bad on the psyche.

That 2000 Mets team was annoying. Timo Perez jogging around the bases, Bobby V and all of his drama.

Wille has done good things, this team comes prepared to play. And not to make every thread about Lastings but good for Willie telling that kid where to go. Play the game right -- that mentality will do wonders for this franchise in the long haul.

Archived