Peter King MMQB - 11/13/2006

BwanaZulia

13. New York Jets (5-4). I was totally wrong about the Jets. Totally. I thought Eric Mangini would take a couple of years to get a grip on the rigors of such a hard job in such a major market, and I thought their talent was overrated. I watched 80 percent of their game in New England, and I'm amazed to say that they're very close in talent to the Patriots. I'd still take New England, but it's not a wide gulf. Not at all. And the physicality of the Jets, on both sides of the ball. This is a good team, possibly a wild card team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/13/week10/3.html

Now.... THAT is classy.

Coach of the Week

Eric Mangini, head coach, New York Jets. "It's a great testament to the hard work of these players and coaches much more than anything individual for me,'' Mangini said over the phone from the Jets' charter Sunday night.

But if you know anything about human nature, you know how big this was for the man who walked into the house where he cut his coaching teeth and beat the great coach who mentored him through the business and beat the quarterback who is the definition of clutch in football today. "It felt pretty good,'' said Mangini.

e. The defensive gameplan of Eric Mangini and the Jets defensive coordinator, Bob Sutton. Brilliant. "We ran everything we had,'' Mangini said. "You have to play Tom Brady the way you play Peyton Manning -- show them different looks on almost every snap.''

g. Jerrico Cotchery is playing himself into the upper echelon of NFL receivers. As he showed again on the vital touchdown to beat the Patriots, he knows how to go get the ball against tight coverage.

BZ

She gave up field hockey and became a lesbian cheerleader.

Mary Beth has changed her name to Tiffani, dropped out of Colgate and now spends her days practicing dance moves naked on a brass pole. A fake boob operation is scheduled. She moved out from her parent's home , and the only way you can see her is at some place on Paterson Plank Road witha $10 minimum, and it'll cost you.

Archived