This is the game for Leon "Boom Boom" Washington

junjobx2199

News flash GS: This year, WE have a bad QB AND a bad run-blocking OL.

I believe that mixing it up & giving all of the RB's equal reps in practice allows us flexibility to go with any of them and also forces the other team to gameplan and/or dedicate more time to breaking down game film on three RB's instead of one. Actually I think these reasons are BIG factors in what Mangini's doing. He wants all the players to play as one, not two to take a back seat for the greater glory of one.

There is no history to indicate that a lone, non-star RB is better for the team than using a RBBC system.

People are just used to Martin getting all the carries around here (and like clockwork being absolute crap in the late season and/or post-season, and accepting it as a necessary evil).

Sperm is right.

There is nothing wrong with having say 4 running backs with 400yds rushing.

The Jets in the Walt Michaels era did it (Before McNeil) with guys like Dierking, Harper, Kevin Long and Clark Gaines. None of them were great but they were good and they did the job.

Would it be nice to have a RB like a Martin, (Sorry Sperm I disagree with you Martin) or a Tomlinson or a Johnson ? Hell yeah. Guys like Washington, Houston, and Barlow though are not the guys who can do it.

That is the way it is. Maybe next year the Jets get a big back. I don't know but for now this rb by committee is fine by me.

News flash GS: This year, WE have a bad QB AND a bad run-blocking OL.

I believe that mixing it up & giving all of the RB's equal reps in practice allows us flexibility to go with any of them and also forces the other team to gameplan and/or dedicate more time to breaking down game film on three RB's instead of one. Actually I think these reasons are BIG factors in what Mangini's doing. He wants all the players to play as one, not two to take a back seat for the greater glory of one.

There is no history to indicate that a lone, non-star RB is better for the team than using a RBBC system.

People are just used to Martin getting all the carries around here (and like clockwork being absolute crap in the late season and/or post-season, and accepting it as a necessary evil).

pennington is better than all the starting qbs on those teams besides bulger. are line has improved throughout the season. rbs have certain running styles. its ahrd for a online to adjust to 3 runnings styles switching every running play throughout a game as opposed to sticking to one and knowing how to block to maximize the runners potential

The line has improved, but no one other than maybe a few Jets fans considers them even an average run-blocking OL at this point.

3 running styles? So what would they do with the league's best RB? LT bulls his way forward & goes up the middle with power; he also does sweeps to get around the corner; and he also improvizes & dances around at times.

They are going to block in such a way as the play calls for, regardless of whose name is on the back of the RB's jersey. But against certain teams, or in certain situations, one of them is expected to do better than the other two. Or if one is hot you leave him in regardless.

Just to say - OK Leon, you're our full-time RB even though certain opponents or situations would be more vulnerable to the running style of one of our other RB's; but we need to call you a featured back really just for the sake of doing so.

C'mon. We just got rid of that coaching mentality. That is not progress.

What Sperm is trying to say is that if LaMont Jordan was here we would have a mini Larry Johson. ;-)

Not the way he's going this year..

But the Raiders don't even have an o line. Just a bunch of guys who bend over, before getting it in the .......................:confused:

Not the way he's going this year..

But the Raiders don't even have an o line. Just a bunch of guys who bend over, before getting it in the .......................:confused:

mbn, I'm kidding. Havn't you learned my hatred for Sperm's second coming of christ?;)

Archived