~ ~ ~ Playoff Picture ~ ~ ~

kelly

Updated: Dec. 4, 2006, 12:34 AM ET

Playoff PictureESPN.com

Here's what the 2006 playoff picture and wild-card matchups would look like if the season ended today. Also, check out the Week 13 playoff clinching scenarios.

AFC playoff standings

Team W L T Div Conf

1. Indianapolis 10 2 0 3-1 7-1

2. San Diego 10 2 0 3-1 8-2

3. Baltimore 9 3 0 3-1 6-2

4. New England 9 3 0 4-1 5-3

6. Cincinnati 7 5 0 4-1 5-3

:cool: 6. N.Y. Jets 7 5 0 3-1 5-4

7. Jacksonville 7 5 0 1-3 4-4

8. Kansas City 7 5 0 3-1 3-5

9. Denver 7 5 0 3-2 7-3

~ ~ ~ AFC scenarios

If the Jets and Jags had the same record.....wouldn't the Jags go over us ....because of head to head record???

I am not sure I thought first came how you did in the AFC, then the first tie-breaker went to head-to-head comp. Maybe I'm wrong

Regarding the Jaguars, Head to head ONLY applies if all teams that are tied played each other.

In this case teh Jets and teh Jaguars AND others would be tied. Then it goes to Conference record.

Bottom line, if the Jets tie the Jags, we want another team to be tied in that mix. head to head goes out the window

Regarding the Jaguars, Head to head ONLY applies if all teams that are tied played each other.

In this case teh Jets and teh Jaguars AND others would be tied. Then it goes to Conference record.

Bottom line, if the Jets tie the Jags, we want another team to be tied in that mix. head to head goes out the window

WOW , if this is correct I would be pissed if I were Jax, get beat out by a team they beat with the same record....just doesn;t seem right, but I'll take it .

WOW , if this is correct I would be pissed if I were Jax, get beat out by a team they beat with the same record....just doesn;t seem right, but I'll take it .

That's the system. The only way head-to-head comes into play is if all th eteams tied, played each other.

It happens many years where a team beat another, yet loses a tie breaker based on conference record.

Archived