ESPN top 10 rookies..Brick and Mangold make the list

AFJF

You just want to focus on one aspect (RB's YPC) in evaluating Bush's performance as a rookie?

Good point tx,it's just like judging a kicker on his kickoff average. ;)

It seems to me that other teams actually game plan for Bush,they are always paying attention to where bush is and are making sure they don't allow to get the ball in open space.Anyone remember that TD where they faked the end around to Bush?The whole defense followed Bush and i gave the saints an easy touchdown.I'd say Bush is the only offensive rookie that opposing teams game plan for.

Peyton and the Saints have done a great job maximizing Bush's skills as a rookie.

He's 2nd in the NFL in receptions, a great punt returner and also a RB.

You just want to focus on one aspect (RB's YPC) in evaluating Bush's performance as a rookie?

i agree they use him as a decoy alot..his speed is making defenses shyt them selves..

Peyton and the Saints have done a great job maximizing Bush's skills as a rookie.

He's 2nd in the NFL in receptions, a great punt returner and also a RB.

Tex - I have to disagree.

I agree that 73 catches is unheard of for any rookie much less a RB, but he is supposed to be Gale Sayers. Gale Sayers was a great runner in addition to a return man and catching the ball out of the back field. Bush's punt returns are average at best (9.0 yards per return) and his running is mediocre. Especially when Deuve averages 4.4 behind the same OL. Granted, he is a rookie, but he needs to run alot better. 3.1 does not cut it.

Bush apologist sound like Vick apologist. He does this other great thing, but not wahat he was drafted for.

Peyton might be maximizing his skills, but that is another way of saying he is masking his weakness.

Tex - I have to disagree.

I agree that 73 catches is unheard of for any rookie much less a RB, but he is supposed to be Gale Sayers.

That's fine PFSIKH.

My only point is that Reggie Bush is a playmaker and the Saints have done a good job getting the ball into his hands.

Expecting a Gale Sayers-type player, especially a rookie, is an extremely high expectation.

Leon isnt in the top ten rookies to date, but he's only a tick behind Maroney, who I already said could be on the list.

Leon 120 rushes 511 yds

Maroney 155 for 624

Leon 12 recpts for 117

Maroney 18 for 188

Not bad for either of them

Leon isnt in the top ten rookies to date, but he's only a tick behind Maroney, who I already said could be on the list.

Leon 120 rushes 511 yds

Maroney 155 for 624

Leon 12 recpts for 117

Maroney 18 for 188

Not bad for either of them

when referring to maroney it must be noodle head...thank you

Bush should not be on that list and definitely not #3. Mangold should be over D'Brick and McNeil should be over both of them at this point. Maroney and Jones-Drew should be on the list instead of Bush and Addai should be ahead of him.

Bush has yet to show that he can be a consistant RB in this league. He's been a pretty good reciever out of the backfield and been a good decoy, but he's been below average in the rushing department. He should be doing better considering he has Deuce to take the pressure off him and who is also doing very well running behind that line. He also has a great passing attack to take the pressure off him. He ran well against San Francisco but still only rushed for 3.7 YPC.

The others have proved to be good running backs and Bush has yet to do so.

Bush should not be on that list and definitely not #3. Mangold should be over D'Brick and McNeil should be over both of them at this point. Maroney and Jones-Drew should be on the list instead of Bush and Addai should be ahead of him.

Bush has yet to show that he can be a consistant RB in this league. He's been a pretty good reciever out of the backfield and been a good decoy, but he's been below average in the rushing department. He should be doing better considering he has Deuce to take the pressure off him and who is also doing very well running behind that line. He also has a great passing attack to take the pressure off him. He ran well against San Francisco but still only rushed for 3.7 YPC.

The others have proved to be good running backs and Bush has yet to do so.

But Bush was drafted at #2!

The guy who came up with this list put way too much stock in draft position.

Exactly.

Overrated. Maroney or Drew from Jax should be on that list before Bush. I mean a RB is supposed to run the ball right?

Maroney is awsome, but Drew is being considered for the pro-bowl (maybe maroney is too, i just haven't seen it yet). Bush is Brian Westbrook, good, not great.

Addia is the luckiest back in the draft, imagine either drew or maroney in Indy. Its a joke, everyone is keyed on payton, addai gets the the linebackers before the D can even blink.

He's a benefit of the system, he is not as good as the other backs in the first two rounds.

That's fine PFSIKH.

My only point is that Reggie Bush is a playmaker and the Saints have done a good job getting the ball into his hands.

Expecting a Gale Sayers-type player, especially a rookie, is an extremely high expectation.

He is that and I do not mean to minimize his impact catching the ball out of the backfield.

I just do not buy all the hype about him like the Gale Sayers thing. He is talented and the a rookie so the running thing might catch up. My uneducated guess is he will be like Pennington. Feast on weak teams and appear to be very human against better teams.

He is that and I do not mean to minimize his impact catching the ball out of the backfield.

I just do not buy all the hype about him like the Gale Sayers thing. He is talented and the a rookie so the running thing might catch up. My uneducated guess is he will be like Pennington. Feast on weak teams and appear to be very human against better teams.

Nice subtle dig. ;)

Archived