The case For Leon

Jetme23

It seems like a lot of people don't believe he can carry the load for a full season, yet every chance he gets he busts for major gains. Even against a very solid run defense such as miami he had his spurts of 4-5 yard gains while barlow barely got over the line of scrimmage.... My question, do none of you believe he can carry the load for a full season? I know his diminutive size is a problem, but look at tiki, everyone considered him a 3rd down back because of his size, but after a couple of offseasons of lifting he gained muscle and hes now a great player...

Im just sayin...

He is very good, but remeber he iddnt get many carries yesterday so its hard to compare... He isnt a pounding RB, we still need one of those too.

Here is our Rushing Stats from last night...

Barlow - 18 att for 36 yards

Washington - 6 att for 26 yards

Pennington - 4 att for 26 yards

Pennington actually had a better rushing night than Leon Washington... Untill Leon gets more carries we will never know if he can handle the load. At least we know at the very least he is a great 3rd down RB and all we had to do was get rid of Herm to have him!

He is very good, but remeber he iddnt get many carries yesterday so its hard to compare... He isnt a pounding RB, we still need one of those too.

Here is our Rushing Stats from last night...

Barlow - 18 att for 36 yards

Washington - 6 att for 26 yards

Pennington - 4 att for 26 yards

Pennington actually had a better rushing night than Leon Washington... Untill Leon gets more carries we will never know if he can handle the load. At least we know at the very least he is a great 3rd down RB and all we had to do was get rid of Herm to have him!

at the same time, He played extremely well against a lot of run stopping teams.... to put leon on the field on almost every play makes the defense have to worry about the run and a possible screen/catch out of the backfield combo..

It seems like a lot of people don't believe he can carry the load for a full season, yet every chance he gets he busts for major gains. Even against a very solid run defense such as miami he had his spurts of 4-5 yard gains while barlow barely got over the line of scrimmage.... My question, do none of you believe he can carry the load for a full season? I know his diminutive size is a problem, but look at tiki, everyone considered him a 3rd down back because of his size, but after a couple of offseasons of lifting he gained muscle and hes now a great player...

Im just sayin...

I agree with what you're saying,according to the profiles,he is EXACTLY the same siza as Barry Sanders,5'9" 202 lbs.

I don't understand how he's not and every down back.I mean,20-25 carries at least.We could list so many people who have done it at exactly the same size,starting with Barry,including Warrick Dunn another Seminole.

I agree with what you're saying,according to the profiles,he is EXACTLY the same siza as Barry Sanders,5'9" 202 lbs.

I don't understand how he's not and every down back.I mean,20-25 carries at least.We could list so many people who have done it at exactly the same size,starting with Barry,including Warrick Dunn another Seminole.

Its more his running style vs his size that holds him back...

Its more his running style vs his size that holds him back...

ellaborate on that a little,please

Don't take that wrong,either,I would seriously like to be informed as to why Leon Washington carried 6 times and Barlow carried 18 times

I understand what you mean,as far as,I would like Houston and Leon to split carries thunder and lightning style,but I don't understand why he couldn't be an "every down" back.He should've gotten 20 and Barlow 5.

I think the outcome of his use will be determined by his play in the playoffs (if we can beat the raiders). Defenses will have to start accounting for his cut back style and catching abilities.... Hey, if I was the cordinator id design plays with leon and houston in the i-formation the way the saints use it with bush and mccalister.

Archived