A.G.'s latest blog entry

SoFlaJets

damn he really ripped into my raiders. This season there bad but they'll be back when they fire th whole offensive staff and art shell.

I think AG nailed it though about Davis' time maybe having passed-the Raiders problems start right there at the top....

I think AG nailed it though about Davis' time maybe having passed-the Raiders problems start right there at the top....

It starts at the head coach. Not the owner i personally like an owner who will spend money and get players becuse he wants to win.

Hyperbole

December

28 Never let it be said that the Raiders don’t mind drawing attention to themselves.

The Raiders media notes has a bold, boxed statement on the bottom of the first page that reads, ``THE TEAM OF THE DECADES,’’ noting the Raiders are the only NFL team to have played in Super Bowls in four different decades.

Directly above, is a box headlined, ``THE GREATNESS OF THE RAIDERS.’’

A small sample: ``For over five decades…the Raiders have been the most dominant team in pro football since Al Davis first pledged in 1963 to build the finest organization in pro sports.’’

The notes note a winning percentage of .602 from 1963-2005, the best in the NFL, ahead of the Dolphins (.599) and the Cowboys (.592).

Yeah, sure, fine.

But this marks the fourth straight season the Raiders will finish last in the AFC West, including a last-place tie with the Chargers at 4-12 in 2003. Since the Raiders won their third straight divisional title in 2002 and went to their last Super Bowl, where they lost to the Buccaneers, 48-21, the Raiders have a 15-48 record and are on their third coach.

So what’s my point?

Easy, have a little humility. It’s painfully obvious this is no longer a great organization.

Davis, no matter how he rubbed the rest of the NFL the wrong way, once was a maverick owner who did push his franchise to excellence. Now, the only conclusion is that, sadly, the game has passed him by and that his meddlesome ways and reluctance to pay top dollar for coaching talent means the organization will not right itself under his watch.

Just wince, baby.

One other note: No changes to the Jets or Raiders injury reports.

Wow. I can't even put together a decent reply to that it is so sad.

Sorry rizzock I don't mean to make fun of you. Time for Al to go.

"Excellence" ha!

It starts at the head coach. Not the owner i personally like an owner who will spend money and get players becuse he wants to win.

Are you kidding...

Did you know it is you OWNER who is in charge of making sure you have a good HC???

Did you know NO OTHER OWNER would have hired ART SHELL

Get real, Davis has to go.

Are you kidding...

Did you know it is you OWNER who is in charge of making sure you have a good HC???

Did you know NO OTHER OWNER would have hired ART SHELL

Get real, Davis has to go.

we were in the SB in 02 and yes we lost but i still think davis can get it done. If he keeps art shell this offseason then ill say Mr.davis is done.

we were in the SB in 02 and yes we lost but i still think davis can get it done. If he keeps art shell this offseason then ill say Mr.davis is done.

This is 4 years later (a lifetime in pro sports) and your team has turned into a joke...

If he doesnt step down you risk becoming no better than the Lions/Texans... in the short term you are only on their level....

The buck stops at the owner... yours officially can no longer get it done... Just hiring Shell proved that.

This is 4 years later (a lifetime in pro sports) and your team has turned into a joke...

If he doesnt step down you risk becoming no better than the Lions/Texans... in the short term you are only on their level....

The buck stops at the owner... yours officially can no longer get it done... Just hiring Shell proved that.

If he keeps shell ill believe you but if we have a big FA and get a new young fiery young coach ill think otherwise.

If he keeps shell ill believe you but if we have a big FA and get a new young fiery young coach ill think otherwise.

He hired the guy in the first place... are you blind... THAT was the end of Al Davis... he threw out the season before it started...

if we kept norv we would actaully be good this season.

Sort of like when you had him in 04' and 05'???

Norv Turners raider success...

2004- 5-11

2005- 4-12

Explain to me how after getting worse in his 2 years there you would be better this year?

Sort of like when you had him in 04' and 05'???

Norv Turners raider success...

2004- 5-11

2005- 4-12

Explain to me how after getting worse in his 2 years there you would be better this year?

with Norv our offense was good and they were showing some progress now we just flat out suck ass. with Norvs offense and our defense now we could have won some damn games.

with Norv our offense was good and they were showing some progress now we just flat out suck ass. with Norvs offense and our defense now we could have won some damn games.

Right... and how would Norv had pulled this new D out of his ***??

4-12

5-11

Does not give you the right to claim he would be better... it only shows he sucked...

He had Randy Moss and Lamont Jordan...

Colts D sucks this year, they got 10 wins...

Right... and how would Norv had pulled this new D out of his ***??

4-12

5-11

Does not give you the right to claim he would be better... it only shows he sucked...

He had Randy Moss and Lamont Jordan...

Colts D sucks this year, they got 10 wins...

First off dude Art shell did nothing to the defense rob ryan did. The colts can score points on offense the raiders cant. If norv was still in oakland they would have won at least 8 games.

First off dude Art shell did nothing to the defense rob ryan did. The colts can score points on offense the raiders cant. If norv was still in oakland they would have won at least 8 games.

You should sell whatever it is your smoking becuase it is the worlds best mind altering substance...

Archived