Frank Gore...

GLH222

Does anyone know what Frank Gore's contract situation is? To the best of my knowledge, he is yet to sign an extension with San Fran, although I know Rosenhaus was lobbying pretty hard....Having been at UM with Frank, and being acquantances with (great guy), I'll tell you, that anyone with a brain and eyes couldve told you how nasty he was going be if he ever got healthy. As a Freshman he averaged something like 9 yards a carry and if not for some unfortunate injury's (FYI he tore up his first knee as a result of a Sean Taylor cheap shot during a Summer practice, what a prick), probably would have been the next great Miami back. He was better then Mcgahee, and thats not even debatable as he started over him prior to the knees, and coaches there liked to say he was more talented then any back that ever came through the program....my question to you guys is, what would you think about the Jets making a move at an injury prone guy like Gore??

I think we're gonna have to find our own nugget of gold-guys like Michael Turner are gonna command too much-no way do I see the Jets giving San Diego their #1 pick in the draft for him.It'll take a trade (prolly a Vilma type) which I think is also too much to surrender-We're gonna need to get a guy through the draft or MAYBE use one of our #2's-no higher should or will we go IMHO

Agreed, I dont see him going anywhere...the point was more to ask the question of weather you prefer the Jets to address there RB situation via the draft or via the market...both offer there respective +/-'s

the good news with RB's coming right out of college and into the pro game is it's the shortest route of any position to do-kinda like the fastest way to the pros is as a catcher

Archived