Giants Hire Reese

Maxman

Giants tap Reese as general manager

function BlogThisStoryTools() { var headline = "Giants tap Reese as general manager"; var url = document.location.href; var destination = "http://blogs.foxsports.com/BlogThis.aspx?r_title=" + escape(headline) + "&r_url=" + url; //alert(destination); //return; window.location.href = destination; } Story Tools:print.gif email.gif blog.gif Print Email Blog This

Associated Press

Posted: 58 minutes ago // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1 && document.getElementById("postedTime") != null) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none';

if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - The New York Giants hired Jerry Reese as their general manager Monday.

Reese, who served as the team's director of player personnel the last four years, was considered the favorite among the Giants' in-house candidates to replace Ernie Accorsi, who held the post for nine seasons before retiring.

Reese, 43, will formally be introduced as general manager and senior vice president at a news conference Tuesday morning, the team announced on its Web site.

A graduate of the University of Tennessee at Martin, Reese first joined the Giants' scouting department in 1994 after working on the coaching staff at his alma mater.

As the Giants' player personnel director, he oversaw all aspects of college scouting and had most of the responsibility for the draft. Reese previously served as assistant director of pro personnel for three years.

There are too many cancers on the Giants team. In my opinion, they have some talent, but no team players. No matter how many of them felt about their coach, none of them should ever have opened their mouth to the media. Perhaps the new GM can weed them out and start with a new core for the team. What a role reversal, it has been my experience that too many expectation and too few results only happened to the Jets. I sincerely hope that we've turned the page on the futility and nonsense

There are too many cancers on the Giants team. In my opinion, they have some talent, but no team players. No matter how many of them felt about their coach, none of them should ever have opened their mouth to the media. Perhaps the new GM can weed them out and start with a new core for the team. What a role reversal, it has been my experience that too many expectation and too few results only happened to the Jets. I sincerely hope that we've turned the page on the futility and nonsense

Unless Reese is willing to fire the PR department, nothing will change. The Giants encourage their players to be out and about, and lead the NFL in commercials, radio and TV spots, appearances. And they've been that way for years. So instead of having guys who are humble and focused on football, they get these big-headed cancers. Change the culture or it will just be more of the same.

Unless Reese is willing to fire the PR department, nothing will change. The Giants encourage their players to be out and about, and lead the NFL in commercials, radio and TV spots, appearances. And they've been that way for years. So instead of having guys who are humble and focused on football, they get these big-headed cancers. Change the culture or it will just be more of the same.

I really did not know that.

However it does make sense. Thanks a lot........

You know whats a shame about this hiring ,the article I read today in the ledger seemed to focus more on the fact that this was a good thing since another african american has made it to top of the management portion of a NFL football team ,wouldn`t it be better if the giants came out & said while we are happy that our org. has helped contribute to the advancemrnt of African Americans in mgt. postions with this hiring ,We`d like to make it clear that this promotion was based solely on Reese`s talant & past loyalty to the Giants & when possible we prefer to promote within...

Archived