Some Great Jets Players Pix From S.I.

SoFlaJets

imageshack.us my friend, it does wonders

http://imageshack.us/[url=http://jetnation.com/forums/imageshack.us]

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the jetnation.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found

Internet Explorer

try it again

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the jetnation.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found

Internet Explorer

J/K, i didn't feel like it, and i probably wouldn't have done it regardless of my response

no problem-I only asked because I am not too good figuring that kind of stuff out-I am proud of myself for finally being able to take a picture and post it as an avatar-I still don't know how to put one in the body section of a post but hey,small steps

no problem-I only asked because I am not too good figuring that kind of stuff out-I am proud of myself for finally being able to take a picture and post it as an avatar-I still don't know how to put one in the body section of a post but hey,small steps

when you are posting click on the

insertimage.gif

icon, and then put the URL of your image, and it will put it in your post

I went on to the site and read this article.

This isn't a bad fortnight on Wayne Chrebet's retirement calendar.

The former Jets wide receiver is in Miami, basking in the Florida breezes and South Beach sands in between pre-Super Bowl personal appearances. Next week he'll immerse himself in a shore of a different sort with more appearances during Pro Bowl week in Honolulu.

Gladys_Knight.jpg

His restaurant opens in a month. His new horse, a pacing filly he owns shares in with ex-heavyweight champ George Foreman, just won a major stakes race at the Meadowlands.

"How can I complain?" he said.

Yet Wayne's world isn't completely perfect. Fifteen months after playing his last NFL down, Chrebet said his post-concussion symptoms have not gone away.

"Healthwise, honestly, everything except for my head is fine," Chrebet told The Record on Thursday. "I still have a lot of struggles. It still gets gradually worse at times. I just try to talk to as many people as possible, talk through it with doctors about the long-term future."

Chrebet, 33, didn't want to elaborate on his symptoms. Many are the same ones he talked about at his June retirement ceremony: headaches, lethargy, sensitivity to light and noise. Others are new.

"Some things I can't explain. They just are," he said. "It's puzzling."

This isn't a medical update No. 80's fans are thrilled to hear as we approach the game he always wanted to play in for the Jets. It's what many feared for him as he lay on the Giants Stadium turf on Nov. 2, 2005, with, as close friend Vinny Testaverde described it then, "the frozen look in his eyes."

Even before that 13th football concussion, even though he kept playing, Chrebet's concerns were growing.

"I sugarcoated it," he said, in terms of how he publicly portrayed his condition when, for instance, he sat out the San Diego playoff game in January 2005. "I wanted to play. I didn't want to scare my family and friends and be treated any differently.

"I still don't want to scare people, but I'm more concerned. Hopefully in the near future, these things subside and no one needs to know about them because they're going away."

Chrebet isn't asking for sympathy, though, or for forgiveness from those who judge him harshly for continuing to play.

"The end of the sentence is always going to be 'It was worth it,' " he said. "In 10 years, if we're talking and I'm like, 'Man, this is getting worse, I can't leave my house,' I might not say that. But I loved playing so it was the price I had to pay."

One way Chrebet got over the rough patches was by following Gang Green. He watched every game, at home or in person. He made the trip to Foxboro, Mass., in January, and even took in some of the Jets' playoff loss to the Patriots with owner Woody Johnson.

Not surprisingly, Chrebet thinks he could have played for first-year coach Eric Mangini.

"I know, reading and talking to some of the guys, it was one of the tougher camps," he said. "But all your hard work, you don't question it if you know it's going to pay off in games, in the fourth quarter. It was that same kind of mentality when [bill] Parcells was there.

"The Jets had a tremendous year and I think they have a bright future. I'm happy."

Now his mentality is to work through his physical issues by throwing himself into his "second career" as owner of Chrebet's Restaurant & Lounge.

It's almost time for the smell of Chrebet Burgers and sesame-crusted tuna to waft across Hempstead Turnpike, possibly to be savored by former teammates when they practice at the south end of the grass field at the Jets' Hofstra University complex.

The restaurant's Web site is already up, tasteful pages appearing to the tune of Sinatra's "Summer Wind" -- particularly haunting lyrics when applied to Chrebet's first career.

"Then softer than a piper man, one day it called to you," Old Blue Eyes sings. "I lost you to the summer wind."

"I'm just back rooting for the team, not wondering about the what-ifs, what else I could've done," Chrebet said. "Looking back on it, I'm thankful, grateful. Again, how can I complain? I'll deal with it."

Archived