Thomas's contract.

madmike1

You wanna know how it probably went down, madmike?

Free agency starts at the combines before March 1st, and all the stories and news was the Jets were looking at Adalius Thomas very seriously.

They figured out his price tag, and didnt want him. So they didnt pursue him when free agency actually started. Its that simple.

The Jets are 2-3 yrs from competing as long as we continue to trot out that never-will-be QB Pennington. The sooner we get rid of Pennington and find a real QB, is the day we spend big money in free agency.

You're right that IS probably what happened. I just think they made the wrong call.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He took less then he's worth.

So your complaint is with his agent. Not with the Jets.

I know the niners offered more. And i know the jets made no effort to sign him.

So the Jets had to beat the Niners offer. Not the Pats offer. If the Niners offered him sick money and he signed with the Pats, why should the Jets go through all that crap only to be spurned?

If the jets had made an effort to sign him there is NO DOUBT that we would know about it for the simple reason that they would want their fans to know that they at least tried to get him in here. No reports of that mean that they didn't even try.

Why would you want to advertise the fact that a player signed elsewhere for less money? It makes you look stupid and weak. Do you think it would help to have "the fans" know they tried to get him in and he refused? The Jets are probably a less attractive spot than NE for FAs. At this point FAs probably look at them as Pats-lite with a tougher camp, why would you want to publicize that?

Archived