Thomas's contract.

madmike1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and to all of the fans who think that jets should sign a big time freeagent to prove that they will be competitive in 2007. the jets are not the yankees. this is not baseball. tangini is trying to make this team younger and more competitive, in upcoming years.

the patriots are in a completely different situation. they are desparate to win now. because belly wants to retire in a couple of years and wants to win now. after getting so close this year he can smell the stentch of the SB right over the horizon. and wants to get to it by next year

the patriots are in a completely different situation. they are desparate to win now. because belly wants to retire in a couple of years and wants to win now. after getting so close this year he can smell the stentch of the SB right over the horizon. and wants to get to it by next year

The Pats want to win because they were so close last year in what I would call a rebuilding year.

BB isn't going to retire anytime soon. The guy lives and breathes football.

This is a bargain basement contract in this market. The fact that the Jets didn't make him turn down a better contract before he signed with NE is a complete joke.

Actually this whining about us not signing this guy or that guy is the pathetic part.

Actually this whining about us not signing this guy or that guy is the pathetic part.
What am i supposed to do? Say nothing while the jet FO is asleep at the switch while the player who would've helped us the most in free agency signs with our main rival?

pretty sure gainzo knew that one.

our aussie compadre seems to be under the impression the pats will be winnning a few more superbowls

Yeah.........I'm pretty sure the Pats have a decent chance of winning a couple more!

Common sense. If they had made a run at him they would want their fans to know.

Thats bull$hit mike...Its not their job to go to the press and have them tell the fans "well guys,we did our best but we failed! oh well" Its their job to move on and evaluate their full options on who out there can help them build this program

Prove that they did. Guess what you can't. Either they didn't or they could give 2 craps about their fans and i choose to believe the former.

Oh my God yes you're totally right! Tangini doesn't care about this team at all. In fact they compelety hate this team and their mission is to sabotage the Jets and make us a horrible team!

Do you realize how annoying and petulant you sound right now? Mangini got 10 wins out of a team that most people thought would win 5 last year. If you just wanna bitch and moan about the FO feel free to do it, just stop being so damn annoying about it and don't say incredibly dumb stuff like the FO "hates the fans." Grow up man.

Oh my God yes you're totally right! Tangini doesn't care about this team at all. In fact they compelety hate this team and their mission is to sabotage the Jets and make us a horrible team!

Do you realize how annoying and petulant you sound right now? Mangini got 10 wins out of a team that most people thought would win 5 last year. If you just wanna bitch and moan about the FO feel free to do it, just stop being so damn annoying about it and don't say incredibly dumb stuff like the FO "hates the fans." Grow up man.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

You obviously don't understand anything about the way NFL teams operate or the way they relate to their fans which is fine but it doesn't mean you have to make personal attacks.

I'msure he mean't the attack in the nicest way.

However please state your credentials in the expertise of public relations, adminstration,

finances and the technicalities of the CBA/NFL which would lead any of us to disagree

with ECurbs analysis of you.

Also I'm still waiting for a copy of your prediction for 2006.

I'msure he mean't the attack in the nicest way.

However please state your credentials in the expertise of public relations, adminstration,

finances and the technicalities of the CBA/NFL which would lead any of us to disagree

with ECurbs analysis of you.

Also I'm still waiting for a copy of your prediction for 2006.

I've worked in the media before and even if i hadn't just from being a sports fan i know that if the jets had made an offer or an oveture to Thomas that we would know about it.

As far as the predictions go i don't feel like digging them up. If you want to see them use the search feature on your UI.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

everyone else is wrong and you're right? you got 7 guys telling you, you sound ridiculous. There is even a 5 page thread dedicated to you needing to chill out. take the advice and chill, maybe take a break for a day or two.

everyone else is wrong and you're right? you got 7 guys telling you, you sound ridiculous. There is even a 5 page thread dedicated to you needing to chill out. take the advice and chill, maybe take a break for a day or two.

yup. i'm right. and as this offseason plays out many more people will agree with me. (though i hope i'm proved wrong)

Now c'mon guys,there's no need for those last few posts. Attack his arguement,not him.

Besides,I'm a little ashamed that for the past few days,theres been 5 or 6 of us telling Mike nonstop to let Thomas go and to calm down. Hows that for irony?

I've worked in the media before and even if i hadn't just from being a sports fan i know that if the jets had made an offer or an oveture to Thomas that we would know about it.

As far as the predictions go i don't feel like digging them up. If you want to see them use the search feature on your UI.

Working in the media could also mean you went for coffee for the other guys, so unless

you are more specific it doesn't mean diddley. You have no more knowledge of the

intracacies of professional football than any of us do.

Your the one who bragged about your predictions yesterday. So unless YOU

post them its just more BS on your part.

Your making an ass out of yourself at this point...

This is what I would call inappropriate.

We need to leave the nonsense & the bullsh*t out of your posts guys. This type of nonsense will be deleted and cause you to get an infraction.

Both the Patriots and 49ers have made contact with the All-Pro Baltimore linebacker, who has made plans to visit both clubs, possibly starting as early as Saturday. Thomas, who finished 2006 with a career-best 11 sacks and made the Pro Bowl team for the first time, is considered the most attractive prospect in this year's free-agent class.

In addition, the New York Jets are a third team that has expressed strong interest in Thomas and is determined to stay competitive in the bidding for his services, a league source said.

from Don Banks at SI...

Both the Patriots and 49ers have made contact with the All-Pro Baltimore linebacker, who has made plans to visit both clubs, possibly starting as early as Saturday. Thomas, who finished 2006 with a career-best 11 sacks and made the Pro Bowl team for the first time, is considered the most attractive prospect in this year's free-agent class.

In addition, the New York Jets are a third team that has expressed strong interest in Thomas and is determined to stay competitive in the bidding for his services, a league source said.

from Don Banks at SI...

Thank You.

from Don Banks at SI...

There. They tried, thats all we can ask for(although they didn't even have to do that)

Thats a week old item and after that there have been NOTHING else. And Don Banks has NO IDEA what he's talking about.

Wait wait wait dude. You just said that a PROFESSIONAL sports writer has no idea what he's talking about. Yet you, a fan, that only knows what sports writers and the rest of the media tell you....do?

Wait wait wait dude. You just said that a PROFESSIONAL sports writer has no idea what he's talking about. Yet you, a fan, that only knows what sports writers and the rest of the media tell you....do?
Don Banks is an idiot who writes crap and has no idea what he's talking about. If you read his columns like i do you'd know that. he says stupid crap ALL the time. Don't you think that ANY OTHER MEDIA OUTLET would've reported the jets interest in thomas? All that is Banks guessing.

I'm supposed to have faith in a FO who according to you had no interest in the best FA available who would've been a PERFECT fit in the jets system and who signed for below market value?

He signed for BELOW market value? Did I miss something. I thought the 1st post said he got more money than he was looking for.

Don Banks is an idiot who writes crap and has no idea what he's talking about. If you read his columns like i do you'd know that. he says stupid crap ALL the time. Don't you think that ANY OTHER MEDIA OUTLET would've reported the jets interest in thomas? All that is Banks guessing.

You wanna know how it probably went down, madmike?

Free agency starts at the combines before March 1st, and all the stories and news was the Jets were looking at Adalius Thomas very seriously.

They figured out his price tag, and didnt want him. So they didnt pursue him when free agency actually started. Its that simple.

The Jets are 2-3 yrs from competing as long as we continue to trot out that never-will-be QB Pennington. The sooner we get rid of Pennington and find a real QB, is the day we spend big money in free agency.

Archived